X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

A Brief Summary of Greg Roman's Offensive Stats 2011-2014

2011 - (Alex Smith, QB)...........................................Overall 26th Run 8th Pass 29th

2012 - (Alex Smith 8 games, Colin Kaepernick 8 games) Overall 11th Run 4th Pass 23rd

2013 - (Colin Kaepernick, QB)....................................Overall 24th Run 3rd Pass 30th

2014 - (Colin Kaepernick, QB)....................................Overall 20th Run 4th Pass 30th

2011 - 2014 offensive ranking average........................Overall 20th Run 5th Pass 28th

Greg Roman is great at running the ball. His passing game suffers year after year. Could be because he's too good at one thing.

The 49ers were one play away from winning the Super Bowl in 2012 with the 23rd ranked passing offense. Why they didn't let Kaepernick run it in to the endzone, I don't know. Reminds me of last year's Super Bowl with Lynch.

Just Run It

Roman and Ryan are an offensive match made in football heaven. Rex is the ground and Roman is the pound.

Don't try to be something they're not. Run the ball all the way to a Super Bowl Championship in Santa Clara, CA.

-----------------------------

What Happened To Colin Kaepernick? The following numbers are interesting.

In 2012 (8 games) Kaepernick had 218 passing attempts, a 62.4% completion rate, 10 TD's and 3 Int's.

He ran the ball 63 times for 415 yards with a 6.6 yards per carry average and 5 rushing TD's. He should have had 6 rushing TD's and won a ring.

In 2013 Kaepernick had 416 passing attempts, a 58.4% completion rate, 21 TD's and 8 Int's.

He ran the ball only 92 times for 524 yards with a 5.7 yards per carry average and 4 rushing TD's. He should have had at least 126 rushing attempts.

In 2014 Kaepernick had 478 passing attempts, a 60.5% completion rate, 19 TD's and 10 Int's.

He ran the ball 104 times for 639 yards with a 6.1 yards per carry average and 1 rushing TD. He should have had at least 126 rushing attempts.

Matt Cassel is Alex Smith in another body. It's going to be EJ or Tyrod.

I hope Greg Roman rewinds the clock back to 2012 and let's his quarterback run all over the joint in 2015.

More run, less pass fits this offense. This is not the no huddle K-Gun hybrid.

The NFL doesn't want run happy football, they prefer pretty pass plays and lots of scoring so the Bills are kind of running uphill when it comes to that, but I think the league is in for a big change this season.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: A Brief Summary of Greg Roman's Offensive Stats 2011-2014

Let me give you a chance to lie to yourself -- was the 49'ers OL last year or in the time frame above better or worse than our current OL when it comes to run blocking?

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Niners probably won 75% of their games in that span yeah?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        Let me give you a chance to lie to yourself -- was the 49'ers OL last year or in the time frame above better or worse than our current OL when it comes to run blocking?
        They were better, but what does that have to do with the Bills current situation? As if a Pro Bowl starting guard and John Miller don't matter.

Let me give you a chance to correct yourself. The Bills are much better on the offensive line this season, are they not?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Don't know if they are. No one has hit another player in pads yet.

To hype up a 3rd round pick as a starter should tell you how much this is about hope.

Incognito made the Pro Bowl once in his career in 2012 and you call him a "Pro Bowl Starting Guard".

Pretty huge reaches there buddy.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

So what you're saying is for the majority of his tenure in San Francisco Roman's reputation for being able to run the ball is exaggerated because he had a QB adding 400-600 yards annually to the total?
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

To hype up a 3rd round pick as a starter should tell you how much this is about hope.

Incognito made the Pro Bowl once in his career in 2012 and you call him a "Pro Bowl Starting Guard".

Incognito was suspended by the Dolphins in early November 2013. How was he playing that season?

The Bills said they drafted Miller to be a starter and all indications are pointing in that direction.

To think that the Bills haven't made a huge upgrade at both guard positions is a huge reach.

Why digress?

What do you think about Greg Roman's offense related to the numbers above?

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

The 49ers were one play away from winning the Super Bowl in 2012 with the 23rd ranked passing offense. Why they didn't let Kaepernick run it in to the endzone, I don't know. Reminds me of last year's Super Bowl with Lynch.
                I couldn't believe Roman went away from Gore in that game. He was just gashing Baltimore in the fourth quarter.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  So what you're saying is for the majority of his tenure in San Francisco Roman's reputation for being able to run the ball is exaggerated because he had a QB adding 400-600 yards annually to the total?
                  No, I'm saying Roman should have had Kaepernick run more.

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

For the record, I wanted Trestman, not Roman.

We need a guy that can generate a passing game. I wanted Josh McCown and a reunion with Trestman, but it wasn't in the cards.

The Jags proved in 2011 that you can have the top rusher in the NFL and a top 6 defense and still go 5-11.

The only thing that matters in the year 2015 is a good QB.
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                      For the record, I wanted Trestman, not Roman.

We need a guy that can generate a passing game. I wanted Josh McCown and a reunion with Trestman, but it wasn't in the cards.
                      Josh McCown and Trestman again do not exactly inspire visions of glory to inspire a passing game though, Mama unless you want to pretend you're the Bears of 2013 for 5 games.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Well, there are MANY MANY players that never get to the Pro Bowl.

NEVER Even once in a LONG career for some players. YES Incognito is a Pro Bowl Guard.

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Josh McCown and Trestman again do not exactly inspire visions of glory to inspire a passing game though, Mama unless you want to pretend you're the Bears of 2013 for 5 games.
                          And McCown was amazing while he filled in for Cutler under Trestman.

And he'd be better than any of the grubs we have wasting our time at QB.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to puzzle this one together.

McCown/Trestman > Manuel/Cassel/Taylor/Roman

The facts speak for themselves.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

If you take away the QB contributions, their ranking would be 2011--15th, 2012---11th, 2013---20th, 2014---23rd. (Give or take a couple of spots, I didn't subtract QB rushing yards from every team in the league, but the only real significant contributors to their team's total are Kap, Wilson and Newton basically.)
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Are we really discussing the merits of Greg Roman after the High School coaching job we had at OC the last two years?

Coaching on either side of the ball will not be our problem this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X