PDA

View Full Version : Bills set all-time tix sales record, money from Tix sold will go New stadium fund

DetDannyWilliams
06-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Until this year, the most season tickets sold by the Buffalo Bills was in 1992.
That’s how long it’s been since Bills fans have purchased over 57,132 season tickets for Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Although the statistic is quite heartbreaking, it’s understandable why Buffalo fans capitalized on Season Tickets in 1992. That year the Bills were in their prime and were in the middle of four consecutive SuperBowl trips. Since then, it’s safe to say Bill’s fan loyalty has declined as they haven’t appeared in the Playoffs at all in the 21st century.

Luckily, for Rex Ryan’s team this year, the Buffalo Bills have broken that record by 368 tickets. For those of you who don’t want to add those numbers up in your head, I’ll help you out: the Bills sold 57,500 tickets for the upcoming 2015 season. It may not sound like much considering Ralph Wilson Stadium seats 71,857 people, but this year’s sales increased by over 10,000 from last year’s sales of 47,482 Season Tickets.
'Buffalo Bills Set Record For Season Ticket Sales' via FanSided Android

http://buffalowdown.com?p=44002

Typ0
06-15-2015, 03:13 PM
You know that picture of the bench that says "If you could only visit with one person for an hour who would it be"? I'm now picking Ralph Wilson so I can tell his dumb ass having the team up in the air is what killed his ticket sales.

X-Era
06-15-2015, 03:34 PM
They made serious investments in the team with legit new ownership, coaching, and players... Doesn't surprise me at all.

SpikedLemonade
06-15-2015, 03:42 PM
This year they restructured the pricing to increase the price of popular games.

Next year comes a 15% price increase.

In a few years, the Bills will not have the cheapest or 2nd cheapest tickets in the NFL but rather will be in the middle of the pack.

It is the right move by Pegula if he is expected to invest further funds into a downtown stadium.

jimmifli
06-15-2015, 03:57 PM

In a few years, the Bills will not have the cheapest or 2nd cheapest tickets in the NFL but rather will be in the middle of the pack.

It is the right move by Pegula if he is expected to invest further funds into a downtown stadium.
And Bills fans will pay it.

The problem in Buffalo has never been selling the seats. It's selling everything else that has been tough.

SpikedLemonade
06-15-2015, 03:59 PM
And Bills fans will pay it.

The problem in Buffalo has never been selling the seats. It's selling everything else that has been tough.

Celino & Barnes will just have to rent 15 suites.

coastal
06-15-2015, 05:03 PM
:rofl:

swiper
06-15-2015, 05:06 PM
They made serious investments in the team with legit new ownership, coaching, and players... Doesn't surprise me at all.

If they don't equal or surpass Marrone's 9-7 record then it's a massive failure by the Pegulas. Period. Regardless of injuries as an excuse.

And having watched the Pegulas ruin the Sabres, I have little faith.

Just because they have money, doesn't mean they are good owners. See Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc...

Victor7
06-16-2015, 10:22 AM
What do you know. Invest some money on players, coaches and staff and the tickets start selling. Not exactly rocket science

Somewhere Ralph C Wilson is still trying to figure it out with his abacus. Better not spend on a new calculator

trapezeus
06-16-2015, 10:28 AM
funny how the same three posters come to crap on something that requires no negativity to it whatsoever.

what tragic lives you 3 must live.

"if it doesn't work, it's a failure and we are all doomed forever". I'd rather have a team try than to feel defeated and trot out nobodies because they are afraid of failing.

that was the mark of brandon. keep a low cost of players and coaches and don't worry, all the execs will keep their jobs. a

winner will have to take some big risks and it either pays off or it doesn't and they lose their jobs for it. and successful people aren't afraid of failing, but just ensure they don't fail the same way twice. everyone else is a message board poster.

justasportsfan
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Great job Russ.

Yasgur's Farm
06-17-2015, 05:16 AM

It is the right move by Pegula if he is expected to invest further funds into a downtown stadium.Jacksonville, Cleveland and Carolina are currently have cheaper tickets than Buffalo... http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/top-5-cheapest-football-stadiums-6.aspx

JoeMama
06-17-2015, 05:25 AM
I'm convinced Russ Brandon was born a snake-handler.

trapezeus
06-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Great job Russ.

Surprised russ even said this was part of the pegula effect. Must have taken great restraint to not take the credit himself.

better days
06-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Celino & Barnes will just have to rent 15 suites.

Geico can rent a few.

And Russ Brandon has said the suites are sold out as well.

better days
06-17-2015, 08:03 AM
Jacksonville, Cleveland and Carolina are currently have cheaper tickets than Buffalo... http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/top-5-cheapest-football-stadiums-6.aspx

Spiked Lemonade was absolutely positive the prices of tickets would skyrocket with the sale of the team & poor Bills fans could not/would not pay for them.

Uncle Jesse
06-17-2015, 08:20 AM
I don't mind paying more and more each year for my season tickets if the product is there, and they keep showing they truly want to improve. We are so much cheaper still than most any team, it's a steal for NFL season tickets. No complaints from a 11 year season ticket holder.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Surprised russ even said this was part of the pegula effect. Must have taken great restraint to not take the credit himself.

He may be a snake in the grass, but he isn't stupid. He knows who signs his paychecks

better days
06-17-2015, 09:10 AM
He may be a snake in the grass, but he isn't stupid. He knows who signs his paychecks

Well, you hit the nail on the head.

Russ is not stupid. In fact he is pretty smart.

He kept the Bills viable until they could be sold, moved TC to Rochester, tapped into the Canadian market.

Pretty much did what the Patriots* have done, expand the fan base of a team in a small city.

But the Pats* play a LONG way from Boston now while the Bills will never be far from Buffalo.

In fact the new stadium will most likely be in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
06-17-2015, 10:00 AM

Love him or hate him, not even the SB bills achieved this yet this team with Russ as marketing head hasn't even played a single down.

We can blame Russ for the failures in the past even though it's unclear what his role was or who made the personnel decisions prior to Ralphy passing away, but Russ has done a great job at selling this team.