PDA

View Full Version : @JoeBuscaglia: Seantrel Henderson is not at mandatory minicamp #Bills

SpikedLemonade
06-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Perhaps there is a valid reason we don't know yet.

With only 3 OTs on many poster's projected 53 man roster we would be very vulnerable.

This OL is so thin in terms of depth.

MillsapsBillsFan
06-16-2015, 09:08 AM
I hope there is a valid reason. He's had issues in the past but he's been fine in Buffalo.

If theres no good reason for him to miss this its not good for him or the team

better days
06-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Henderson attended the VOLUNTARY OTA's so I would think there is a reason he is not there, but whatever.

If he does not make it to Training Camp, I will start to worry.

In the meantime, that means more work for Kujo.

SpikedLemonade
06-16-2015, 10:29 AM
@MatthewFairburn (https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn)
Seantrel Henderson had a travel issue. Rex Ryan expects him back tomorrow.

Ed
06-16-2015, 12:58 PM
He's probably flying United.

BertSquirtgum
06-16-2015, 12:59 PM
God damn Jet Blue

Night Train
06-16-2015, 01:54 PM
God God.

The season can't start soon enough.

better days
06-16-2015, 02:10 PM
God God.

The season can't start soon enough.

At this point, I will be happy with the start of Training Camp.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-16-2015, 03:47 PM
@MatthewFairburn (https://twitter.com/MatthewFairburn)
Seantrel Henderson had a travel issue. Rex Ryan expects him back tomorrow.
ok everybody. put down your pistols and stop pointing it at your heads.

Meathead
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
in hindsight i guess i should have not picked him up at the airport with a bong in my hand

Meathead
06-16-2015, 05:31 PM
i just finished watching trailer park boys on netflix again so that image is sorta stuck in my head. if you watch too many episodes in a row it sorta starts to replay in your head. lmao. netflixing yourself. parts of that show were absolutely hilarious

Meathead
06-16-2015, 05:37 PM
tpb started as a artsy little film festival short that just caught on and they ran with it for what nine years, plus three or four movies. off of one little film about a guy with thick fishlens bubble eyeglasses collecting derelict shopping carts. thats classic hoser tv right there for yah

SpikedLemonade
06-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports now9 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/611185267328856064)
Same starting OL as yesterday for Bills. And Seantrel Henderson is present. Working with second offense at RT.

Bill Cody
06-17-2015, 09:27 AM
So Rex let his tardiness slide. Way to set the tone. In NE Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler was late because his flight was cancelled and BB kept him off the field for 2 weeks of voluntary OTA's. Maybe that's why Rex's teams always end up like Animal House by the end of the year.

SpikedLemonade
06-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/611185499068366848)
Seantrel Henderson getting his first reps in warmups, alongside RG DJ Morrell and TE Chris Manhertz. Not where he wants to be.

Joe Fo Sho
06-17-2015, 10:00 AM
So Rex let his tardiness slide. Way to set the tone. In NE Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler was late because his flight was cancelled and BB kept him off the field for 2 weeks of voluntary OTA's. Maybe that's why Rex's teams always end up like Animal House by the end of the year.

If that's what Belichick really did, it is against the rules. I'm pretty sure he's actually being investigated for it.

trapezeus
06-17-2015, 10:13 AM

though BB is established and everyone on the team knows his system. Rex is starting fresh. teaching that lesson harshly isn't in the interest of the team for rex.

also there is a difference on missingyour flight, and having your flight cancelled. i don't know if that plays into it.

EricStratton
06-17-2015, 10:19 AM

So because Ryan didn't completely overreact like New England that's going to lead to the decline of Western Civilization as we know it?

better days
06-17-2015, 10:49 AM

Rex said he would talk to Henderson.

But as I said before, Henderson was at VOLUNTARY OTA's.

I have missed a plane or two in my life, but I'm sure many people on this board are perfect.

Meathead
06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
bill belicheat is a lucky ass dick who would probably be back to being a dc by now if goldilocks hadnt fallen right into his porridge. why would i care how he handles discipline

Bill Cody
06-17-2015, 01:03 PM
So because Ryan didn't completely overreact like New England that's going to lead to the decline of Western Civilization as we know it?

That's your take, fine. It is an overreaction by BB, no doubt. One the other hand NE has very very few discipline issues. Every year they have among the fewest in penalties. Rex? Did you watch Hard Knocks a few years ago? His teams are undisciplined. The NFL isn't like other sports, you're asking guys to do unnatural things. They only do that if they are "all in". And that, in the opinion of a lot of top coaches, not just BB (Tom Coughlin, Marty Schottenheimer come to mind) means being kind of obsessed with punctuality and not accepting any excuses for it. It's a small thing but it sets the tone. Feel free to dismiss it, free country.

Bill Cody
06-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Rex said he would talk to Henderson.

But as I said before, Henderson was at VOLUNTARY OTA's.

I have missed a plane or two in my life, but I'm sure many people on this board are perfect.

I'm not perfect, far from it but no I've never missed a plane. But I like to get to the airport early so it's not an issue. Honestly it's not hard.

Bill Cody
06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
bill belicheat is a lucky ass dick who would probably be back to being a dc by now if goldilocks hadnt fallen right into his porridge. why would i care how he handles discipline

Part of what you're saying reeks of irrational jealousy but you're right you do need a QB to win, all the great coaches had a good one fall in their porridge. I wish Rex well obviously. He's an interesting character. But he and his brother remind me of their father in a lot of ways. Smart, hard nosed, guys like to play for them and are loyal to them, but the missing link to greatness was discipline. Buddy was the kind of coach that would attack his OC on the sideline, great theater but dumb. Rex runs a loose ship and he has a loose mouth. Not sure that wins championships. I'm an optimist, maybe he's learned from his time with the Jets. Because if not he will fail.

SpikedLemonade
06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/buffalo_bills_minicamp_attendance_report_seantrel_henderson_back_but_demoted.html

better days
06-17-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm not perfect, far from it but no I've never missed a plane. But I like to get to the airport early so it's not an issue. Honestly it's not hard.

Well, there are times you can't get to the airport early because of a traffic accident on the road to the Airport which has happened to me.

Or you miss a connecting flight through no fault of your own which also happened to me. More than once.

And MANY things could have caused Henderson to be late for the plane.

And we are talking about the FIRST day of mandatory OTA's that Henderson missed, not a GAME.

Joe Fo Sho
06-17-2015, 01:25 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/buffalo_bills_minicamp_attendance_report_seantrel_henderson_back_but_demoted.html

You mean Rex is disciplining his player without actually going over the top and hindering his development by keeping him off the practice field for 2 weeks? Rex is obviously a terrible coach if he doesn't copy Bill Belichick.

swiper
06-17-2015, 04:12 PM
You mean Rex is disciplining his player without actually going over the top and hindering his development by keeping him off the practice field for 2 weeks? Rex is obviously a terrible coach if he doesn't copy Bill Belichick.

That was the right move to make. For Henderson and for Kuoandijo. Henderson will probably work his way back quickly though.

Jimkelly12203
06-17-2015, 04:13 PM

agreed...

In the years prior to spy-gate (our years with Bledsoe at the helm in particular), i remember being just floored by the Pats D and how they seemed to always be in the right place at the right time. They also benefited from a corrupt league that allowed their DBs to physically maul opposing WRs well beyond the 5 yards permissible contact range.

When spy-gate hit, i had my answer. He's a cheater and his QB is a cheater (who also happens to be amazing sans cheating) and the league has been complicit all along.

I would be a great coach too if i knew all the other teams plays.

Mouldsie
06-17-2015, 09:14 PM
replace cordy!!

Meathead
06-17-2015, 11:53 PM

when i used to fly a lot i wanted to spend the absolute minimum minutes in the terminal as possible. my perfect flight was when they had one inch left to close the door to the boarding ramp when i walked up straight from the baggage screening area and all the attendants giving me dirty looks. i only missed one flight out of hundreds, and i was able to get on another flight thirty minutes later, although i did have way more than my share of gate checked bags and getting supervisors to open the door to let me board. of course this was all before the dirty arabs messed up my gig big time, but by then i was traveling a ton less anyway

tomz
06-18-2015, 02:48 AM
That's your take, fine. It is an overreaction by BB, no doubt. One the other hand NE has very very few discipline issues. Every year they have among the fewest in penalties. Rex? Did you watch Hard Knocks a few years ago? His teams are undisciplined. The NFL isn't like other sports, you're asking guys to do unnatural things. They only do that if they are "all in". And that, in the opinion of a lot of top coaches, not just BB (Tom Coughlin, Marty Schottenheimer come to mind) means being kind of obsessed with punctuality and not accepting any excuses for it. It's a small thing but it sets the tone. Feel free to dismiss it, free country.

Other than the odd multiple murder...

YardRat
06-18-2015, 05:06 AM

Coincidence that Bush and Belichick arrived on the national scene around the same time? I think not.

Bill Cody
06-18-2015, 09:12 AM
Well, there are times you can't get to the airport early because of a traffic accident on the road to the Airport which has happened to me.

Or you miss a connecting flight through no fault of your own which also happened to me. More than once.

And MANY things could have caused Henderson to be late for the plane.

And we are talking about the FIRST day of mandatory OTA's that Henderson missed, not a GAME.

soft

better days
06-18-2015, 10:45 AM
soft

Well, that's how I like my women.

Bill Cody
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Well, that's how I like my women.

I took logic in college. Pretty sure you just called Henderson a woman.

Mace
06-18-2015, 04:41 PM
when i used to fly a lot i wanted to spend the absolute minimum minutes in the terminal as possible. my perfect flight was when they had one inch left to close the door to the boarding ramp when i walked up straight from the baggage screening area and all the attendants giving me dirty looks. i only missed one flight out of hundreds, and i was able to get on another flight thirty minutes later, although i did have way more than my share of gate checked bags and getting supervisors to open the door to let me board. of course this was all before the dirty arabs messed up my gig big time, but by then i was traveling a ton less anyway

I love how it is now. I buy cheap tickets twice a week and request enhanced pat downs, hiding little pieces of metal all over myself. I never actually fly though. I have a good meal before, sleep like a baby after.