• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Tyrod Taylor Will Start Beacause He Is Faster Than Colin Kaepernick

Special thanks to Mace.

The quarterback competition is not about the arms, it's about the legs.

All of the QB focus during OTAs and minicamp is on the pass. Why?

Greg Roman's offenses have never been about passing the football. His passing offenses have consistently ranked near the bottom of the league.

Tyrod Taylor is super fast and he can run, everyone knows that by now. We all know what Rex said about his speed.

I honestly think Roman was sold on coming to the Bills the moment Rex Ryan mentioned Tyrod Taylor's name. They both have a foot fetish.

Roman's offenses in San Francisco were not passing offenses. The 49ers were a running offense with a running quarterback and came 1 play away from winning it all with legs against the Ravens in Super Bowl 47. They passed instead of sticking to what worked all season long and lost.

I wonder who's call that was? Harbaugh's or Roman's?

In terms of, "separation," the quarterbacks arms are all similar, but does it even matter?

Their legs are not similar, and that's what matters most to Greg Roman.

Yes, I think Greg Roman has very clear visions of Tyrod Taylor being his next incarnation of what he had in Colin Kaepernick, and Rex strongly agrees.
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Tyrod Taylor Will Start Beacause He Is Faster Than Colin Kaepernick

Tyrod Taylor is fast and maybe even accurate too (college and pro stats disagree concerning accuracy)... But he's small and slight.

That's not good long term combination.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Tyrod=3rd string

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Tyrod will get cut.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
            • Aug 2013

I am not usually one to give the billsimpossible clickbait train coal, but this is one topic I actually agree on.

It's either Cassel or Tyrod. Or Cassel, then Tyrod.

One way or another I can see Tyrod starting at some point this season to see how he can do.

Let's face it. Short of a miracle, no team can win without a decent or better QB. Cassel is decent at best and so yeah he might win it out.

I can see Tyrod getting a shot, and why not? Cassel is just too good to sit? Please.

Go big or go home.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Issues Proclamation:

حَوّامتي مُمْتِلئة بِأَنْقَلَيْسون

Translation: One billion percent ej starts

either that or he said 'my hovercraft is full of eels' which is actually the same after translation
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                • Mar 2015

So what Tyrod is a little faster, its not like EJ is super slow and if he really wants a running QB Manuel has a much better build for it than Tyrod does.

I dont think that thats what it comes down to at all though. With the running backs we have I couldnt care less if our QB runs a 4.2 40 or a 5.2 40. We need a QB back there that can make the throws we need when called upon and not turn the ball over, I dont care if he can run and neither should roman.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

This is why I think it really comes down to Tyrod or EJ. Rex specifically talked about wanting to see EJ use his legs more and take advantage of his mobility, and we all know what a fan he is of Tyrod's speed. I think the intention with Cassel has always been for him to provide that steady veteran safety net and a fall back plan if EJ and Tyrod show that they just can't handle it. I don't think anyone in the front office wants to see Cassel start, and I'm sure Roman prefers the versatility that EJ and Tyrod can bring to the offense. Unless Cassel really steps it up and seriously outperforms everyone with his passing game, I'm not giving him much chance to win the job. And so far it sounds like his passing has been pretty underwhelming. It certainly doesn't sound like he's impressing anyone with his arm.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Issues Proclamation:

حَوّامتي مُمْتِلئة بِأَنْقَلَيْسون

Translation: One billion percent ej starts

either that or he said 'my hovercraft is full of eels' which is actually the same after translation
                    right to left it says "EJ starts for the infedel Boofalo Beels" Left to right... The hovercraft has got eels all up in there. Sounds bothersome.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

no

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

If it is about legs then why did we sign Cassel and not Michael Vick?

Die thread DIE!!!!!
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          Tyrod Taylor is fast and maybe even accurate too (college and pro stats disagree concerning accuracy)... But he's small and slight.

That's not good long term combination.
                          'Small and slight?'

Taylor is 6'1 208 lbs. LeSean McCoy is 5'11 208 lbs.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            If it is about legs then why did we sign Cassel and not Michael Vick?

Die thread DIE!!!!!
                            Because Vick turns 35 years old next week. He's done. No team has signed him, Vick's still a free agent because his career is over.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                              So what Tyrod is a little faster, its not like EJ is super slow and if he really wants a running QB Manuel has a much better build for it than Tyrod does.

I dont think that thats what it comes down to at all though. With the running backs we have I couldnt care less if our QB runs a 4.2 40 or a 5.2 40. We need a QB back there that can make the throws we need when called upon and not turn the ball over, I dont care if he can run and neither should roman.
                              EJ Manuel is 6'4 240 lbs. He's not fast enough to be a legit running weapon at QB like Kaepernick was.

EJ is not a running quarterback. His knee injury in Cleveland is all I have to say about his running ability.

'I don't care if he can run and neither should roman.'

That's ridiculous. The 49ers were successful because they had a quarterback that could run.

Harbaugh put the kibosh on that last year and San Fran didn't make the playoffs because of it. Instead of sticking with what worked in a running quarterback, Harbaugh thought it would be a good idea to let Kaepernick throw a career high in passing attempts.

NFC Championship Game, a Super Bowl appearance and 3 straight playoff berths based on a running quarterback.

It worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X