PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor Will Start Beacause He Is Faster Than Colin Kaepernick

BillsImpossible
06-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Special thanks to Mace.

The quarterback competition is not about the arms, it's about the legs.

All of the QB focus during OTAs and minicamp is on the pass. Why?

Greg Roman's offenses have never been about passing the football. His passing offenses have consistently ranked near the bottom of the league.

Tyrod Taylor is super fast and he can run, everyone knows that by now. We all know what Rex said about his speed.

I honestly think Roman was sold on coming to the Bills the moment Rex Ryan mentioned Tyrod Taylor's name. They both have a foot fetish.

Roman's offenses in San Francisco were not passing offenses. The 49ers were a running offense with a running quarterback and came 1 play away from winning it all with legs against the Ravens in Super Bowl 47. They passed instead of sticking to what worked all season long and lost.

I wonder who's call that was? Harbaugh's or Roman's?

In terms of, "separation," the quarterbacks arms are all similar, but does it even matter?

Their legs are not similar, and that's what matters most to Greg Roman.

Yes, I think Greg Roman has very clear visions of Tyrod Taylor being his next incarnation of what he had in Colin Kaepernick, and Rex strongly agrees.

Yasgur's Farm
06-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Tyrod Taylor is fast and maybe even accurate too (college and pro stats disagree concerning accuracy)... But he's small and slight.

That's not good long term combination.

casdhf
06-17-2015, 07:24 PM
:spam:

HHURRICANE
06-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Tyrod=3rd string

BertSquirtgum
06-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Tyrod will get cut.

BuffaloRedleg
06-17-2015, 11:29 PM
I am not usually one to give the billsimpossible clickbait train coal, but this is one topic I actually agree on.

It's either Cassel or Tyrod. Or Cassel, then Tyrod.

One way or another I can see Tyrod starting at some point this season to see how he can do.

Let's face it. Short of a miracle, no team can win without a decent or better QB. Cassel is decent at best and so yeah he might win it out.

I can see Tyrod getting a shot, and why not? Cassel is just too good to sit? Please.

Go big or go home.

Meathead
06-17-2015, 11:40 PM
BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Issues Proclamation:

حَوّامتي مُمْتِلئة بِأَنْقَلَيْسون

Translation: One billion percent ej starts

either that or he said 'my hovercraft is full of eels' which is actually the same after translation

MillsapsBillsFan
06-18-2015, 07:39 AM
So what Tyrod is a little faster, its not like EJ is super slow and if he really wants a running QB Manuel has a much better build for it than Tyrod does.

I dont think that thats what it comes down to at all though. With the running backs we have I couldnt care less if our QB runs a 4.2 40 or a 5.2 40. We need a QB back there that can make the throws we need when called upon and not turn the ball over, I dont care if he can run and neither should roman.

Ed
06-18-2015, 08:12 AM
This is why I think it really comes down to Tyrod or EJ. Rex specifically talked about wanting to see EJ use his legs more and take advantage of his mobility, and we all know what a fan he is of Tyrod's speed. I think the intention with Cassel has always been for him to provide that steady veteran safety net and a fall back plan if EJ and Tyrod show that they just can't handle it. I don't think anyone in the front office wants to see Cassel start, and I'm sure Roman prefers the versatility that EJ and Tyrod can bring to the offense. Unless Cassel really steps it up and seriously outperforms everyone with his passing game, I'm not giving him much chance to win the job. And so far it sounds like his passing has been pretty underwhelming. It certainly doesn't sound like he's impressing anyone with his arm.

sukie
06-18-2015, 08:24 AM

either that or he said 'my hovercraft is full of eels' which is actually the same after translation

right to left it says "EJ starts for the infedel Boofalo Beels" Left to right... The hovercraft has got eels all up in there. Sounds bothersome.

Bill Cody
06-18-2015, 09:09 AM
no

justasportsfan
06-18-2015, 11:30 AM
If it is about legs then why did we sign Cassel and not Michael Vick?

Die thread DIE!!!!!

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Tyrod Taylor is fast and maybe even accurate too (college and pro stats disagree concerning accuracy)... But he's small and slight.

That's not good long term combination.

'Small and slight?'

Taylor is 6'1 208 lbs. LeSean McCoy is 5'11 208 lbs.

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 06:15 PM
If it is about legs then why did we sign Cassel and not Michael Vick?

Die thread DIE!!!!!

Because Vick turns 35 years old next week. He's done. No team has signed him, Vick's still a free agent because his career is over.

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
So what Tyrod is a little faster, its not like EJ is super slow and if he really wants a running QB Manuel has a much better build for it than Tyrod does.

I dont think that thats what it comes down to at all though. With the running backs we have I couldnt care less if our QB runs a 4.2 40 or a 5.2 40. We need a QB back there that can make the throws we need when called upon and not turn the ball over, I dont care if he can run and neither should roman.

EJ Manuel is 6'4 240 lbs. He's not fast enough to be a legit running weapon at QB like Kaepernick was.

EJ is not a running quarterback. His knee injury in Cleveland is all I have to say about his running ability.

'I don't care if he can run and neither should roman.'

That's ridiculous. The 49ers were successful because they had a quarterback that could run.

Harbaugh put the kibosh on that last year and San Fran didn't make the playoffs because of it. Instead of sticking with what worked in a running quarterback, Harbaugh thought it would be a good idea to let Kaepernick throw a career high in passing attempts.

NFC Championship Game, a Super Bowl appearance and 3 straight playoff berths based on a running quarterback.

It worked.

BertSquirtgum
06-18-2015, 06:58 PM
EJ Manuel is 6'4 240 lbs. He's not fast enough to be a legit running weapon at QB like Kaepernick was.

EJ is not a running quarterback. His knee injury in Cleveland is all I have to say about his running ability.

That's ridiculous. The 49ers were successful because they had a quarterback that could run.

Harbaugh put the kibosh on that last year and San Fran didn't make the playoffs because of it. Instead of sticking with what worked in a running quarterback, Harbaugh thought it would be a good idea to let Kaepernick throw a career high in passing attempts.

NFC Championship Game, a Super Bowl appearance and 3 straight playoff berths based on a running quarterback.

It worked.

Umm. Kaepernick is the same height as manuel and weighs 8lbs less.

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 07:13 PM

Did you hear what Rex had to say about EJ today after practice?

Paraphrasing here, "Yeh, EJ looked pretty good today, he made a lot of nice plays, and uh, we had to water down the defense a little bit, but yeh he looked good."

EJ's problem (besides his inaccuracy) is when the bullets start flying he can't improvise with his feet and keep his eyes down field when under pressure.

Vince Young looked great in practices, but when he had to face a pass rush he crumbled.

Matt Cassel is a turnover machine when under pressure. He's not even in the, "Game Manager," category and out of all 3 QB's it sounds like he's been the worse so far.

Tyrod Taylor is very good at making something out of nothing because of his speed and downfield vision. His arm is too strong, overthrowing the fastest players on the team in minicamp. That's a good problem to have that can be straightened out with more practice.

The media has been keeping track of how bad the quarterbacks have been while facing a stiff pass rush, so Rex said F-it today and held back the defense so the offense could actually practice.

That says a lot.

Out of the 3 quarterbacks, which one do you think has been, "sacked," the least in OTAs and minicamp?

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Umm. Kaepernick is the same height as manuel and weighs 8lbs less.

8 lbs less and a lot faster and more athletic. If you think EJ can be as effective as Kaepernick or Taylor as a running quarterback, have at it.

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 07:38 PM
After 15 years of the same old smoke, it surprises the hell out of me that such a liberal, blue collared progressive city like Buffalo would have fans that are more conservative than Margaret Thatcher when it comes to the starting quarterback competition.

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides."

Margaret Thatcher

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 07:54 PM
:spam:

I smell cat piss and I don't have a cat.

Close your legs, casdhf, and try to grow a pair in the meantime.

casdhf
06-18-2015, 08:34 PM
I smell cat piss and I don't have a cat.

Close your legs, casdhf, and try to grow a pair in the meantime.
I never thought I'd see the day when there was a poster worse than DetDW. Check mate, life. Check mate.

BillsImpossible
06-18-2015, 09:22 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when there was a poster worse than DetDW. Check mate, life. Check mate.

Sure, focus on me instead of the quarterbacks. That's so easy.

Change the subject and avoid the issue.

Who's going to start, casdhf? Do you have the balls to give an affirmative answer, or would you rather sit on a fence and piss all over everyone that actually has an opinion?

OpIv37
06-18-2015, 10:28 PM

It worked.

We have SB appearances. We need SB WINS. What running QB has a SB ring? You could argue Wilson, maybe Young, but Young had an arm too. That's it. Arms make QB's, not legs.

MillsapsBillsFan
06-19-2015, 07:27 AM
Did you hear what Rex had to say about EJ today after practice?

Paraphrasing here, "Yeh, EJ looked pretty good today, he made a lot of nice plays, and uh, we had to water down the defense a little bit, but yeh he looked good."

EJ's problem (besides his inaccuracy) is when the bullets start flying he can't improvise with his feet and keep his eyes down field when under pressure.

Vince Young looked great in practices, but when he had to face a pass rush he crumbled.

Matt Cassel is a turnover machine when under pressure. He's not even in the, "Game Manager," category and out of all 3 QB's it sounds like he's been the worse so far.

Tyrod Taylor is very good at making something out of nothing because of his speed and downfield vision. His arm is too strong, overthrowing the fastest players on the team in minicamp. That's a good problem to have that can be straightened out with more practice.

The media has been keeping track of how bad the quarterbacks have been while facing a stiff pass rush, so Rex said F-it today and held back the defense so the offense could actually practice.

That says a lot.

Out of the 3 quarterbacks, which one do you think has been, "sacked," the least in OTAs and minicamp?

Heres a hint, that watered down defense wasnt just when EJ was out there. Cassel played against the weakend defense, he sucked. Tyrod played against an even worse defense when he was with the second stringers and he didnt play very well either.

And back to the running QB point, I do care if a QB can run but I dont think it should be the main facet of an offense. We have so many good weapons (WR, RB, TE) the qb is the last person I want running all around the field with the ball, especially considering that the league has come so far in bottling up those running QBs. If EJ played in the same league as Tyrod in college and was a better statistical passer. Everyone feels the need to say "oh ej is so inacurate" if you go look at their college stats (which is the only decent comparison because neither of them have seen enough NFL field time) EJ had a 66.9% completion percentage and Tyrod had a 57.2% completion percentage. Who's the inacurate one again? (Also Yards per Attempt was similar 8.6 for EJ 8.1 for Tyrod, so I dont want to hear that checkdown BS)

better days
06-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Heres a hint, that watered down defense wasnt just when EJ was out there. Cassel played against the weakend defense, he sucked. Tyrod played against an even worse defense when he was with the second stringers and he didnt play very well either.

And back to the running QB point, I do care if a QB can run but I dont think it should be the main facet of an offense. We have so many good weapons (WR, RB, TE) the qb is the last person I want running all around the field with the ball, especially considering that the league has come so far in bottling up those running QBs. If EJ played in the same league as Tyrod in college and was a better statistical passer. Everyone feels the need to say "oh ej is so inacurate" if you go look at their college stats (which is the only decent comparison because neither of them have seen enough NFL field time) EJ had a 66.9% completion percentage and Tyrod had a 57.2% completion percentage. Who's the inacurate one again? (Also Yards per Attempt was similar 8.6 for EJ 8.1 for Tyrod, so I dont want to hear that checkdown BS)

I want a QB that is mobile enough to move around & keep a play alive when things break down around him.

Big Ben has that ability, so does Eli Manning & EJ has that ability as well.

MillsapsBillsFan
06-19-2015, 11:28 AM
I want a QB that is mobile enough to move around & keep a play alive when things break down around him.

EJ ran a 4.65, yeah he doesnt have 4.4 speed and maybe he's not a "running" QB. But he's not exactly a statue either, he can move when he has to

Mr. Cynical
06-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Bottom line - whichever qb can stay alive the longest behind that turnstile OL will win the job. In that case, the nod likely goes to Tyrod given his legs and ability to scramble. And I would bet that's the thinking with Roman and Rex too, since they both know this year is all about making the playoffs, not winning the SB. Just being realistic. Can't win the SB with the current QBs, so at least they want a playoff appearance to build on for next year, when *hopefully* a real QB is available and Pegula can back up the Brinks truck. JMHO.

sudzy
06-21-2015, 06:42 AM

Oh yeah, EJ has really been the poster child for pose under pressure. LOL

better days
06-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Oh yeah, EJ has really been the poster child for pose under pressure. LOL

I think you meant poise, not pose.

And EJ has shown a lot more poise than Orton did.

swiper
06-21-2015, 08:52 AM
We've moved on from Orton. Time to stop comparing Manuel with him.

https://fxrxinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/EJ-Manuel.400.knee_.injured.jpg

better days
06-21-2015, 08:57 AM
We've moved on from Orton. Time to stop comparing Manuel with him.

https://fxrxinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/EJ-Manuel.400.knee_.injured.jpg

LMAO. You THINK you know EJ, But you don't know what you don't know.

I will compare EJ to any & all QB's that are relevant to the conversation.

And in this case, EJ has shown more poise than Orton did as a Bill.

swiper
06-21-2015, 08:58 AM
LMAO. You THINK you know EJ, But you don't know what you don't know.

I will compare EJ to any & all QB's that are relevant to the conversation.

And in this case, EJ has shown more poise than Orton did as a Bill.

You're the one who is dumb and blind.

Manuel was benched in favor of Orton. Orton won more games than he did in 2014. Did you even watch that Houston game?

Orton is not a Bill any more. Manuel is. Therefore that comparison is roundly irrelevant.

better days
06-21-2015, 09:07 AM
You're the one who is dumb and blind.

Manuel was benched in favor of Orton. Orton won more games than he did in 2014. Did you even watch that Houston game?

Yes I did watch the Texans game.

And if not for a GREAT play by one of the best DT's in the NFL, the Bills might have won that game.

Did you watch the CHICAGO game?

EJ WON that game. I DOUBT Orton would have.

EJ was benched by an IDIOT HC after only 4 games in favor of a LOSER QB that slid short of a first down because he was too scared.

swiper
06-21-2015, 09:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8DifEwW.gif

- - - Updated - - -

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/guyspeed.com/files/2013/09/manuelderp_medium.gif

swiper
06-21-2015, 09:14 AM
Yes I did watch the Texans game.

And if not for a GREAT play by one of the best DT's in the NFL, the Bills might have won that game.

Did you watch the CHICAGO game?

EJ WON that game. I DOUBT Orton would have.

EJ was benched by an IDIOT HC after only 4 games in favor of a LOSER QB that slid short of a first down because he was too scared.

The only idiot is the one calling the only head coach to take the Bills to 9-7 in how many years?

You look like a solid idiot doing that.

Orton didn't win all the games, but he won most of the games he started. You claim to be a Bills fan. You should be happy with that. Manuel is a bad QB period.

justasportsfan
06-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Because Vick turns 35 years old next week. He's done. No team has signed him, Vick's still a free agent because his career is over.
And Cassel in a spring chicken that can outrun Vick?

BertSquirtgum
06-21-2015, 11:35 AM
The only idiot is the one calling the only head coach to take the Bills to 9-7 in how many years?

You look like a solid idiot doing that.

Orton didn't win all the games, but he won most of the games he started. You claim to be a Bills fan. You should be happy with that. Manuel is a bad QB period.

Douche moron was an idiot