PDA

View Full Version : other teams with our QB situation?

trapezeus
06-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Are there other teams that have our situation where we are relying on a stopgap vs a new rookie or established vet?

if so, do you think those message boards are as passionate about the outcome of the winner?

i think this kind of speaks to the passionate part of the fanbase vs other nfl teams.

better days
06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
I would say the Browns & Texans have no idea who their QB will be.

Ingtar33
06-18-2015, 08:44 AM
browns, Texans, jets, jaguars, eagles

EDS
06-18-2015, 08:54 AM

Probably the Jet's too.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
jaguars, eagles

I don't think there's any question about who's going to start for the Jags, they turned that team over to Bortles last year for better or worse. As for the Eagles, nothing can ever really be certain with the way Kelly is running that team, but he didn't bring Bradford to ride the bench.

Mr. Miyagi
06-18-2015, 10:15 AM
Seems like the Browns are going with McClown.

Mr. Miyagi
06-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Probably the Jet's too.
Chan the Man said there's no QB competition. Geno Smith is the starter.

Texans, Eagles and Broncos are the big question marks.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2015, 10:30 AM

The Broncos? Manning getting benched for Osweiler would be insane. He'll be the starter unless he's injured.

better days
06-18-2015, 10:30 AM

The Broncos?

Peyton Manning will be the QB this year.

After this year, the Broncos are a huge question mark at QB.

Mr. Miyagi
06-18-2015, 10:41 AM
The Broncos?

Peyton Manning will be the QB this year.

After this year, the Broncos are a huge question mark at QB.
Just wanted to see if anyone is paying attention :)

EDS
06-18-2015, 10:58 AM

I think that is coach-speak for we will give him enough rope to hang himself. Jets QB situation is very similar to the Bills in that the presumptive starter is a young vet (EJ; Geno) that needs to show improvement, backed-up by a journeyman (Cassel; Fitz) with an unproven "upside talent" in the third spot (Taylor; Petty).

swiper
06-18-2015, 11:02 AM
And in related news, TWITTER is afire with reports that EJ Manuel tore it upon the final day of minicamp. 3-13 here we come.

Mr. Miyagi
06-18-2015, 11:27 AM
And in related news, TWITTER is afire with reports that EJ Manuel tore it upon the final day of minicamp. 3-13 here we come.
Troll

justasportsfan
06-18-2015, 11:35 AM

If he came out and said Fitz, no one will buy tickets since he could barely even beat the jets.

swiper
06-18-2015, 11:41 AM
If he came out and said Fitz, no one will buy tickets since he could barely even beat the jets.

Don't worry, he didn't say that. What he really said has been posted here a couple of times. The gook just can't read very well.

WagonCircler
06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Chan the Man said there's no QB competition. Geno Smith is the starter..

Best.

News.

Ever.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2015, 12:47 PM
Best.

News.

Ever.

As bad as Geno has been, he's the most physically talented QB Gailey has had since Troy Aikman almost 16 years ago.

Meathead
06-18-2015, 06:06 PM
plus geno ended the season with a perfect game. he looked like a surefire flame-out but you cant ignore a perfect game. frankly i didnt think he had it in him so i gotta admit there is a tiny reason for hope in jerkland

a more interesting question is who is in worse shape. heres how i would rank the best worst current qb batteries:

Browns: McCown, Manziel, Thaddiator

Texans: Hoyer, Mallett, Savage

Jags: Bortles, Henne, Morris

Jets: Smith, Fitzmagic, Petty

Night Train
06-18-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm not buying Tannehill.

Gets a big deal going 23-25 with a QBR of 52. Talk about blind faith.

There is only 1 proven QB in our division.

Ingtar33
06-19-2015, 09:19 AM
I don't think there's any question about who's going to start for the Jags, they turned that team over to Bortles last year for better or worse. As for the Eagles, nothing can ever really be certain with the way Kelly is running that team, but he didn't bring Bradford to ride the bench.

Yet look at the camp reports out of Philly... apparently Bradford looks like ass, and sanchez and tebow are destroying him. I'd say the eagles are in just as ugly a situation as we are. as for jax, just saying "Bortles" is a starting QB puts them behind us.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Yet look at the camp reports out of Philly... apparently Bradford looks like ass, and sanchez and tebow are destroying him.

Tebow is destroying someone? This I gotta see!

as for jax, just saying "Bortles" is a starting QB puts them behind us.

I can agree with that, but I took traps' question to be about what teams have such a wide-open competition at QB. Jax' chosen QB may suck, but he's been chosen already. There's no camp battle there.

better days
06-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Tebow is destroying someone? This I gotta see!

I can agree with that, but I took traps' question to be about what teams have such a wide-open competition at QB. Jax' chosen QB may suck, but he's been chosen already. There's no camp battle there.

Kelly has said he has seen improvement in Tebows play & can't wait to see him in TC.

trapezeus
06-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Yet look at the camp reports out of Philly... apparently Bradford looks like ass, and sanchez and tebow are destroying him. I'd say the eagles are in just as ugly a situation as we are. as for jax, just saying "Bortles" is a starting QB puts them behind us.

wow, i didn't know you didn't like bortles, ingtar. is this a result of his overdrafted status or that you think he just won't get it? i haven't really watched him much

Topas
06-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Kelly has said he has seen improvement in Tebows play & can't wait to see him in TC.

Kelly said that Tebow's understanding of Kelly's offense improved a lot. Nowhere he said that Tebow is performing well.

Meathead
06-21-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm not buying Tannehill.

id be pretty thrilled if ej had his third season

4045 yd 66.4% 27 td 12 int

better days
06-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Kelly said that Tebow's understanding of Kelly's offense improved a lot. Nowhere he said that Tebow is performing well.

He said he saw improvement in Tebow's play.