PDA

View Full Version : Sabres interested in Rags Talbot

DetDannyWilliams
06-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Darren Dreger said on TSN1050 this morning that the Oilers are at the top of the list for Talbot, the Rangers are “motivated to move” if the return is good enough and Buffalo and San Jose are the other two teams with high interest.

He thinks that a deal could go down this weekend or certainly before the draft and that the return in these kinds of situations is usually getting some combination of a good young player, a prospect or a draft pick. http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2014-15-players/cam-talbot/cam-talbot-trade-rumors/the-teams-interested-in-cam-talbot-and-the-draft-picks-they-have/

coastal
06-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Buhbye 21st overall pick and hopefully nothing more than Grigerenko

JATMtheJATM
06-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Rumor is Edmonton is offering the 33 pick with Martin marincin. Sportsnet feels other teams could offer more, but that Edmonton is already overpaying and likely won't be matched. Edmonton also been hot on his trail for a while, so that's likely where he ends up.

Grain of salt though. The link still lists harding, and I'm pretty sure he retired last month.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top-nhl-unrestricted-free-agents-goaltenders/
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/12/report-harding-expected-to-announce-retirement/

JATMtheJATM
06-20-2015, 04:36 PM
And, id like to add, while talbot has outstanding numbers, that's a massive overpay for a 28 year old with 57 career NHL games. But maybe all he needs a chance. The sharks are assumed to be right behind the oilers.

mightysimi
06-22-2015, 10:16 AM
A 28 year old with 57 career games playing with a president's trophy winning team in front of him. He be the next Scrivens or Fasth that turns a good month into a short stay in Edmonton.

The Jokeman
06-23-2015, 05:13 PM
And, id like to add, while talbot has outstanding numbers, that's a massive overpay for a 28 year old with 57 career NHL games. But maybe all he needs a chance. The sharks are assumed to be right behind the oilers.

The Sharks make the most sense due to his age and the team they have in place. I get the Oilers need a goalie but to me they're better served like the Sabres and getting a guy in his early 20s like Lehner.

mightysimi
06-24-2015, 09:03 AM
The Sharks make the most sense due to his age and the team they have in place. I get the Oilers need a goalie but to me they're better served like the Sabres and getting a guy in his early 20s like Lehner.

I read something yesterday that the Sharks may be trying to blow up the core of that team. That team might not be in place that much longer.

JATMtheJATM
06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
i guess the sabres are now leaning towards lack. which, i like lack alot more than talbot.

mightysimi
06-24-2015, 02:01 PM
i guess the sabres are now leaning towards lack. which, i like lack alot more than talbot.

Have the Canucks indicated who they will trade out of Lack or Markstrom? Lack probably offers the most return for them though.

JATMtheJATM
06-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Have the Canucks indicated who they will trade out of Lack or Markstrom? Lack probably offers the most return for them though.

yeah, the canucks said they plan on moving lack or markstrom. i posted a link a few weeks ago.

coastal
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Why?

JATMtheJATM
06-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Why?

more battle tested (more games) good numbers behind a less good team, long quick legs. i like lack alot.

ct bills fan
06-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Lack seems solid. Vancouver fans started a "don't trade Lack" petition today and it has over 1,000 signatures so he must be well liked too. The vast majority would prefer Miller being moved but it's not feasible. Only red flag on Lack is he was not good in the playoffs this year, though VAN was overmatched and it's a tiny sample size

coastal
06-24-2015, 06:26 PM
From Mark Spector of sportsnet and via mynhltraderoumors.com

Cam Talbot – The Oilers won’t be giving up the No. 16 pick for Talbot, unless a defenseman is included . Down to the Oilers and Sabres. The Sabres have the 21st and 31st picks. The Oilers would send the Rangers the 33rd pick right now for Talbot.

ct bills fan
06-24-2015, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind trading 31 for Talbot

coastal
06-24-2015, 06:59 PM
And 21 for Samsonov if that pick isn't part of a larger deal.

ct bills fan
06-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Samsonov is growing on me at 21- he's that type of talent BUT if I trade for Lack I use 21 on a skater who can make the team in a year or two. Remember Lack is only 27

JATMtheJATM
06-24-2015, 09:55 PM
And 21 for Samsonov if that pick isn't part of a larger deal.

What the **** is this? We agree on something?

coastal
06-25-2015, 05:20 AM
What the **** is this? We agree on something?u admittedly were coming around on ROR idea too.

just stop the rubber and leave the rest to those who know.

JATMtheJATM
06-25-2015, 05:59 AM
u admittedly were coming around on ROR idea too.

just stop the rubber and leave the rest to those who know.

i saw the ROR trade as the teams new "drury moment"

but it doesnt crush my fears that he wont resign. thats a MAJOR hurdle.

ct bills fan
06-25-2015, 07:43 AM
With Eichel, Reinhart and Girgenson, ROR is a luxury we don't need + he'd be pricey and probably leave after one year. We got Drury for a lot lower of a price than ROR would cost. Rather go after a winger - the NYI one or STL one

mightysimi
06-25-2015, 08:40 AM
yeah, the canucks said they plan on moving lack or markstrom. i posted a link a few weeks ago.

Lol that was what I was asking that they haven't determined who to trade. The guy they should be moving is Miller but that contract isn't going anywhere.