PDA

View Full Version : Hanharan your wife is.....

Skooby
06-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Married to the director of pro-personnel for the Buffalo Bills. Did you guys think I was going to use a slapshot quote ??

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-announce-changes-in-player-personnel-department/24a21e81-0340-47ff-9839-be31e882f40a

Historian
06-20-2015, 05:00 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GEbDqFCMbIk/SycTBJPYnTI/AAAAAAAABAc/Kh1KaI6MYD4/s400/reggie_dunlop.jpg

Skooby
06-20-2015, 06:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GEbDqFCMbIk/SycTBJPYnTI/AAAAAAAABAc/Kh1KaI6MYD4/s400/reggie_dunlop.jpg
Irony ?? I think not !!

Meathead
06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
i would be happy if anyone called my wife a dyke

Meathead
06-20-2015, 12:16 PM
that movie definitely had its moments but it really wasnt very good imo. not like the longest yard which is a classic. didnt have much of a story, and the loose sets of personalities never really gelled in a way to make the movie highly memorable. blue eyes couldnt pull off what bandit could

Mace
06-20-2015, 08:02 PM
i would be happy if anyone called my wife a dyke

Your wife is a dyke.

I'm here for you, man.

JoeMama
06-23-2015, 10:05 AM
"Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan - Suzanne sucks pussy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian!" ~ Reggie Dunlop

I ****ing love Slap Shot.

RIP Paul Newman

WagonCircler
06-23-2015, 11:59 AM
RIP Paul Newman

My all time favorite.

The Hustler. Cool Hand Luke. Slapshot. And a little known gem called Nobody's Fool. I've never seen a Paul Newman movie I didn't like. (except maybe Hud).

WagonCircler
06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
"Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan - Suzanne sucks pussy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian!" ~ Reggie Dunlop

I ****ing love Slap Shot.

RIP Paul Newman

Hey Joe. Appreciate the rep.

To elaborate a little on Nobody's Fool, it's the movie version of a novel set in WNY by the great writer Richard Russo (Pulitzer Prize winner for Empire Falls. Side note, the HBO miniseries version of Empire Falls was Paul Newman's final onscreen role).

Here's an IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110684/

I'd venture to say that it's my favorite movie that doesn't have a mobster or an Italian boxer in it. And I take that kind of thing pretty seriously.

JoeMama
06-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Hey Joe. Appreciate the rep.

To elaborate a little on Nobody's Fool, it's the movie version of a novel set in WNY by the great writer Richard Russo (Pulitzer Prize winner for Empire Falls. Side note, the HBO miniseries version of Empire Falls was Paul Newman's final onscreen role).

Here's an IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110684/

I'd venture to say that it's my favorite movie that doesn't have a mobster or an Italian boxer in it. And I take that kind of thing pretty seriously.

Haha, thanks for the heads up, brother.

I'm looking forward to Nobody's Fool. I'm going to troll NetFlix or Amazon for it and check it out ASAP.

I have absolutely no doubt I'm going to come back with glowing reviews.

I'm curious. If you had to pick maybe a top 5 list of movies or so, what would they be?

WagonCircler
06-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I'm curious. If you had to pick maybe a top 5 list of movies or so, what would they be?

Such a tough question, as there are so many different ways to answer it. So many different types of movies. I guess, to distill it down to a generic top 5, I'd say:

1a. Goodfellas (Virtually interchangeable with 1b., except that I laughed, and still do, out loud and often. It's everything I want from a movie.)

1b. The Godfather I & II (for the purpose of this list, I'm considering them one masterpiece. We do not speak of "The III").

2. Rocky (in 1976, I was 13. It changed the way I looked at everything).

3. Saving Private Ryan (ok, so I exaggerated slightly about the Italian boxer thing. But at one time this slot was occupied by Raging Bull.)

4. Nobody's Fool (It's quirky, and so close to home. I don't expect everyone to like it, but the dialogue and the cast are perfect.)

5. The Hustler (So dark and gritty. So full of universal truths. A realistic depiction of the stark creepiness of human beings. Incredibly drawn characters. Amazing cast.)

This is not a list of the greatest movies of all time. Just my favorites. And it's a somewhat fluid list, except for the top 3.

That being said, if I could only watch one more movie before I died, it would be anther one set in Western New York (Bedford Falls). But that's a different list.

JoeMama
06-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Such a tough question, as there are so many different ways to answer it. So many different types of movies. I guess, to distill it down to a generic top 5, I'd say:

1a. Goodfellas (Virtually interchangeable with 1b., except that I laughed, and still do, out loud and often. It's everything I want from a movie.)

1b. The Godfather I & II (for the purpose of this list, I'm considering them one masterpiece. We do not speak of "The III").

2. Rocky (in 1976, I was 13. It changed the way I looked at everything).

3. Saving Private Ryan (ok, so I exaggerated slightly about the Italian boxer thing. But at one time this slot was occupied by Raging Bull.)

4. Nobody's Fool (It's quirky, and so close to home. I don't expect everyone to like it, but the dialogue and the cast are perfect.)

5. The Hustler (So dark and gritty. So full of universal truths. A realistic depiction of the stark creepiness of human beings. Incredibly drawn characters. Amazing cast.)

This is not a list of the greatest movies of all time. Just my favorites. And it's a somewhat fluid list, except for the top 3.

That being said, if I could only watch one more movie before I died, it would be anther one set in Western New York (Bedford Falls). But that's a different list.

Killer list. The only two I haven't seen are Nobody's Fool and The Hustler (I love dark & gritty movies so that's going on the bucket list too).

Thanks.

PS - possibly to my shame, I'm oddly a fan of Godfather III not because it was all that good but because I thought the ending was perfect.

WagonCircler
06-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Killer list. The only two I haven't seen are Nobody's Fool and The Hustler (I love dark & gritty movies so that's going on the bucket list too).

Thanks.

PS - possibly to my shame, I'm oddly a fan of Godfather III not because it was all that good but because I thought the ending was perfect.

The Hustler will make you want to go on a 3 day bender.

I watch "The III" occasionally, but just to try and confirm my theory that aliens abducted Coppola and replaced him with a talentless body double (like they did with Springsteen).

JoeMama
06-23-2015, 08:54 PM
The Hustler will make you want to go on a 3 day bender.

I watch "The III" occasionally, but just to try and confirm my theory that aliens abducted Coppola and replaced him with a talentless body double (like they did with Springsteen).

Ha, I really think the loss of Robert Duvall was the nail in the coffin for III. The alien theory ain't bad either.

And it goes without saying the casting of Andy Garcia, Sofia Coppola, and George Hamilton were bad ideas from the get go.

But I really loved Michael dying alone on a bench when everything he did, he did for his family. That part was well done, IMO.

WagonCircler
06-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Ha, I really think the loss of Robert Duvall was the nail in the coffin for III..

I'm warming up to the idea of Robert Duvall as my favorite living actor. He was quietly amazing as Tom Hagen in I and II. Then, compare him to Max Mercy in The Natural. Almost hard to believe he's the same guy. He was fantastic in Apocalypse Now and The Great Santini, and has turned in some great recent performances in The Judge and smaller movies like Open Range and Get Low.

JoeMama
06-23-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm warming up to the idea of Robert Duvall as my favorite living actor. He was quietly amazing as Tom Hagen in I and II. Then, compare him to Max Mercy in The Natural. Almost hard to believe he's the same guy. He was fantastic in Apocalypse Now and The Great Santini, and has turned in some great recent performances in The Judge and smaller movies like Open Range and Get Low.

+1

You'd probably love him in The Road too if you haven't seen that gem yet.

Historian
06-25-2015, 05:16 AM
I'm warming up to the idea of Robert Duvall as my favorite living actor. .

Boo Radley
"Lucky" Ned Pepper
Harry Hogge