One week away from the Daft and Oilers decide to fire amateur scouts and pro scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

One week away from the Daft and Oilers decide to fire amateur scouts and pro scout

EDM fired head amateur scout Stu MacGregor tonight as well as two other amateur scouts and one pro scout.
  • POTLAND PSILBYLO
    Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
    • Nov 2012

Re: One week away from the Daft and Oilers decide to fire amateur scouts and pro scou

Cool. A new way to refer to a bust. We dafted him.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Re: One week away from the Daft and Oilers decide to fire amateur scouts and pro scou

I'm actually a little worried they take Eichle

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Makes you wonder who they are taking if they fired their guys just before the draft, it seems like they've had some insubordination up there.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
          Wouldn't that be a good thing?
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
            Wouldn't that be a good thing?
            Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they found something not obvious & plan on not drafting McDavid.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Make no mistake. We are taking eichel because mcdavid will be first. But eichel is going to be a mega star in his own right, so we are happy with him.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

I know it's hard to not love Eichel but a lot of Buffalo fans are really drinking the kool-aid a little early. He's an elite prospect in his own right but let's be real McDavid is still on another level.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                  I know it's hard to not love Eichel but a lot of Buffalo fans are really drinking the kool-aid a little early. He's an elite prospect in his own right but let's be real McDavid is still on another level.
                  Well, the Kool aid isn't without warrent. The fact that alot of people feel he is a better prospect then even Stamkos, tavares, and kane means he is gonna be one special player. Just... not as special as mcdavid.
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• snow1989
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                    Well, the Kool aid isn't without warrent. The fact that alot of people feel he is a better prospect then even Stamkos, tavares, and kane means he is gonna be one special player. Just... not as special as mcdavid.
                    Until I see either of them playing with the "big boys" it means little. Quite a few sure things have turned out to be busts. The wrong system, coaching, linemates, available social nightlife and media scrutiny can derail anyone. Yes, the potential is there, but can it be fulfilled? Only time will tell. One could be greater than the other, they could be the same, or a 2nd, 3rd round pick could surpass them.
                    I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by snow1989 View Post
                      Until I see either of them playing with the "big boys" it means little. Quite a few sure things have turned out to be busts. The wrong system, coaching, linemates, available social nightlife and media scrutiny can derail anyone. Yes, the potential is there, but can it be fulfilled? Only time will tell. One could be greater than the other, they could be the same, or a 2nd, 3rd round pick could surpass them.
                      One thing about JE is he did perform at the worlds against the big boys
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i agree upfront that mcdavid is head and shoulders above eichel right now.

one thing that seems to make eichel so exciting for buffalo is that he publically has put a face of being upset that he isn't even in the same league as mcdavid. and that he really wants to be better than him in the long run. he may be thurman thomas like and really excel simple because he wants to prove so many people wrong.

on the flip side, mcdavid hasn't really had adversity. what happen if the nhl is a little harder to adapt to. will he have vanek like moments? probably not, but we've seen in every sport, can't miss prospects who fail when no one saw it coming.

and for mcdavid, the expectations are so high, that if he has a 20 goal first season, there will be people saying, "he was supposed to be the next gretsky! what gives?"

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          Shows how little you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X