Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Marquise Goodwin to compete in U.S. Track & Field Championships this weekend

Goodwin was added based on his past success in the long jump:

It won't interfere with anything, since the Bills are off, but if he finishes in the top-3 he would get an invite to the World Championships in Beijing. Those are scheduled for Aug 22 - 30, which would seem to be a conflict with his commitment to the Bills. I wonder what he would do if he qualifies.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Marquise Goodwin to compete in U.S. Track & Field Championships this weekend

He should be cut by then anyway, so I don't see a scheduling conflict at all.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Topas
      German smartass
      • Feb 2014

Re: Marquise Goodwin to compete in U.S. Track & Field Championships this weekend

I dont think he will be cut. And I dont think he will finish top 3. So also no scheduling conflict in my book

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

It would be interesting to see. Depending on how much he has invested in training, he might do well. He was ranked #2 in the US the last time he was regularly competing (2012) and his previous jumps would put him right in it again. I think he's put on some upper body mass, so that might change things a little. Doubtful, but far from impossible.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          He should be cut by then anyway, so I don't see a scheduling conflict at all.
          You're crazy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Goodwin sucks.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
              Goodwin sucks.
              Well, let's see...a downfield speed WR with EJ ****ing Manuel and Kyle Orton throwing to him.

He would anyone even know if he sucks or not?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Oh, he sucks. There's no doubt about it.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  You're crazy.
                  Barring an injury...maybe even two...I don't see him making the team.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Not sure where you're getting that from.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      Not sure where you're getting that from.
                      His inability to run routes or be all that sure handed. He's a burner who can run a fly and post, but his route tree is woefully under developed. You would think he could be an asset on kick returns but we have Harvin for that now, so I'm not sure how he sticks unless he's been busting ass on a route tree and his hands this past spring. He's got an uphill battle imo.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Watkins, Harvin, Woods, Hogan, ?, ? We have two guys, Easley, and Thigpen who are special teamers who are not as good at the WR position as Goodwin. Dezmin Lewis, Deonte Thompson, Tobias Palmer, Caleb Holley and Andre Davis are the other WR's on the roster. Goodwin is currently our #5.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Honestly when the league stops trying to convert track stars into football players that will be a good day. The fact that Goodwin decided to do this makes me question his commitment to football.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                            • Nov 2007

let me guess; the next thread started will be as follows...

'If we cut Marquis Goodwin, do you think we should sign Usain Bolt to replace him?'
                            I came.
                            I saw.
                            I conquered.

Comment

• Victor7
                              • Jul 2013

Good for Goodwin. He probably knows he's about to end his NFL career. He's a one trick pony who's always hurt. Doubt he makes the cut anyway. No big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X