PDA

View Full Version : So Brady to tell the truth, nothing but truth now in NYC?

ghz in pittsburgh
06-23-2015, 09:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/23/report-tom-brady-testifying-under-oath-at-appeal-hearing/

-----------------------------------------
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Brady “is testifying under oath, per source (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/613356393027006465).”
-----------------------------------------

The question is then "what kind of punishment if he's not telling the truth?" This is not a court system I assume.

jamze132
06-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Brady will continue to lie regardless of his oath.

sdbillsfan2
06-23-2015, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling that Brady gets off with a 1 game suspension at most . Rodger G. will buckle under to the Pats and Tommy gets a slap on the ass. Spygate , deflategate , doesn't matter. Certain teams have more power then others. The Commish is spineless.
There's a reason he's hearing the appeal . The fix is in.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-23-2015, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling that Brady gets off with a 1 game suspension at most . Rodger G. will buckle under to the Pats and Tommy gets a slap on the ass. Spygate , deflategate , doesn't matter. Certain teams have more power then others. The Commish is spineless.
There's a reason he's hearing the appeal . The fix is in.

Of course, I mean look at the jerseys he sells. Ben Rothlensburger got away with a couple of rapes because he also sells jerseys. If say EJ Manuel cheated the way Brady has he'd be banned for life. The Patriots are the league's cash cow and there is no way the screws will be placed too tightly on them. Also, deflategate covers up and distracts people away from far more serious issues the league faces aka spousal abuse, traumatic brain injury suffered by players, the veterans that the League has screwed over regarding healthcare and pensions, and much more. Bradygate is actually a good scandal for the league to have. Yes, a deflated football is cheating, but I think the Pats over the past few years have been so good that at most they lose maybe one or two more games (playoffs and otherwise) without depressuring the pigskin. The Pats are a dirty team, but this league is all about revenue, marketing, and publicity and as such if you get people to talk Brady and ref fixing, and not injuries, concussions, and spousal abuse people watch the games to see if it happens. They talk about the sport and get more people who may not ordinarily do so to tune in.

Night Train
06-23-2015, 04:23 PM
" Those Chippendale phone pics are from...a...a...a party for my wife ! Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.."

Meathead
06-23-2015, 05:31 PM
how can you tell when hes lying? his blood exchanges carbon dioxide for oxygen in the lungs

Mace
06-23-2015, 07:22 PM
My gut feeling is that Brady will end up killing Goodell with a pen and Vincent will add on another game for it, rejecting the appeal.

YardRat
06-23-2015, 08:21 PM
10 hour meeting. No decision expected until just before training camps (about five more weeks).

Jeff1220
06-23-2015, 09:28 PM
And of course, when Goodell reduces the suspension, all the talking heads that're so far up Brady/Belicheck/Kraft's butts will laud the move as the right thing to do, and that should have never been so high to begin with.

Meathead
06-23-2015, 09:40 PM
you see it means any time he respirates which would be ...

ah forget it

YardRat
06-24-2015, 04:44 AM
And of course, when Goodell reduces the suspension, all the talking heads that're so far up Brady/Belicheck/Kraft's butts will laud the move as the right thing to do, and that should have never been so high to begin with.

They are already all over that...I had NFLN on for awhile yesterday and the Brady Lovefest going on made me check the channel to see if I had mistakenly put it on ESPN.

Night Train
06-24-2015, 04:56 AM
Reported some 30 + lawyers were there.

Yeah, it's all about nothing. LOL.

YardRat
06-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Reported some 30 + lawyers were there.

Yeah, it's all about nothing. LOL.

Did you see the woman with blonde hair when the group was entering the building? Straight out of Hunger Games, from the looks of it.

HHURRICANE
06-24-2015, 05:59 AM
Anything less than a two game suspension is a travesty. Let's be honest we don't care as long as he misses week 2! :)

Meathead
06-24-2015, 07:30 AM
its already a travesty

Victor7
06-24-2015, 09:12 AM
I think we can all agree he didn't come clean. Why else would they be in the appeal for 10+ hours ??? Had he come clean it would've been a swift and direct meeting. Yeah Rog. My bad I did tell them to deflate those balls. Sorry. Roger accepts apology takes a game or two off the suspension and they all go have drinks.

The fact that it lasted that long tells me that Brady sat there under oath and what not and lied through his ****ing teeth trying to convince Roger that 2 low level employees took it upon themselves to alter with the footballs of one of the league's biggest stars.

Ok Tom. Sure thing. Very believable. You lying sack of ****.

We'll see what happens. Knowing Goodell and his allegiance to Kraft he'll reduce the suspension to a game or two. That's just how it is. Kraft owns him.

Meathead
06-24-2015, 09:49 AM
still amazes me that he only got four games to begin with

he altered the freakin object of the game! and ONLY for his teams benefit!!!

i mean its hard to imagine a worse offense. pete rose is permanently banned for betting. i get that, but petes addiction didnt alter the outcome of games. how is brady not banned for at least a season when its obvious his cheating DOES alter the outcome of games? ppl will say well they were still really good and they might have won one more game a season at best by cheating with the football. so?!?!?! one more win per season is freaking HUUUUGE, especially since the playoffs are involved!!!!

a season long ban at a minimum was the only acceptable punishment. what he got was a joke and will be an even bigger joke if they reduce it now

crazy freakin world we live in

justasportsfan
06-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Brady's truth " I'm above the law . Don't you know who my daddy is?"

JohnnyGold
06-25-2015, 09:33 PM
still amazes me that he only got four games to begin with

he altered the freakin object of the game! and ONLY for his teams benefit!!!

i mean its hard to imagine a worse offense. pete rose is permanently banned for betting. i get that, but petes addiction didnt alter the outcome of games. how is brady not banned for at least a season when its obvious his cheating DOES alter the outcome of games? ppl will say well they were still really good and they might have won one more game a season at best by cheating with the football. so?!?!?! one more win per season is freaking HUUUUGE, especially since the playoffs are involved!!!!

a season long ban at a minimum was the only acceptable punishment. what he got was a joke and will be an even bigger joke if they reduce it now

crazy freakin world we live in

Agreed man.

Deflate gate is actually teetering dangerously close to being that moment in NFL history, where the game starts trending downward (for me, at least).

Adam Silver should take note: Goodell has built his leagues on a house of cards, and answers to too many external factors. He would have been wise to pass up some of the billions from networks in order for some league hegemony. Now he's in a position where I can absolutely promise you, at least one fan (myself) has lost some respect for the integrity of the league. Brady cheated, and then refused to comply with a league investigation. He plays for an organization that has cheated before. How can he let this slide? It's a *****ing joke.

The best response from the NFL would have been to strip the Patriots of their titles, and ban Beliceck and Brady for life.

Laugh all you want at that, and call me a homer, but when Donald Sterling did far... far far far far... less to compromise the integrity of the NBA, Adam Silver forced the sale of his team. The NFL is it's own business, they don't have to answer to the courts in terms of player suspensions. The Patriots are known cheaters, and they just won another Super Bowl in the midst of yet another cheating scandal. And yet it's not supposed to matter because Goodell and Kraft are friends? Look man, point blank--its ANNOYING to be a football fan right now. I don't want to argue with Pats fans about this garbage. Their team cheated, and the league chose to basically allow it by only doling out a slap on the wrist, and even allowing an appeal. That doesn't make me excited to spend money on their product. I have bought Sunday Ticket every year for a long time, and at this point im kind of ho-hum about buying it again this season.

I'll just get annoyed every time the Pats play. But it's lost it's appeal. It's not that annoyance I used to have with Michael Jordan's Bulls when they killed my Knicks... because that came with a healthy degree of respect. It's losing its appeal.