PDA

View Full Version : If The Bills Don't Make The Playoffs In 2015, What Happens In 2016?

BillsImpossible
07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
The Pegulas have invested a lot of money in the Bills during their first off season as owners and they want to see results.

9-7 and no playoffs would be considered a huge failure. The Bills should be better than last year. If they're not, what happens?

That depends on the circumstances. The quarterback, whoever it is will likely be the single reason why the Bills fail in 2015.

Everything will get blamed on the QB.

Does Whaley get canned? Hard to say, especially if he hits on multiple draft picks (again) in Darby, Miller, Williams, and O'Leary.

I think Doug Whaley has done an excellent overall job drafting players, especially on defense. He whiffed on Teddy Bridgewater.

One could argue he actually did draft the best QB in 2013 out of a class that didn't offer much in terms of talent.

My guess is nothing happens to Whaley and the Pegulas spend big money on a Eli Manning, Rivers, Bradford, and maybe even a Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks have already made it known that they intend to keep Wilson, but they haven't played a snap yet in 2015 and money talks.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Pegulas sign Russell Wilson, the Bills win the Super Bowl in 2016, and New York legalizes weed too?

As Don King once said, "Only in America."

Happy Independence Day, Bills fans.

Go USA.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Weed legal here in Oregon as of yesterday

BuffaloWingEater
07-02-2015, 07:15 PM
they make the playoffs in 2016

Mace
07-02-2015, 07:37 PM
We add more ex-Ryan-playoff-Jets to the roster and staff to do it better. If Whaley nods affirmative, he's safe. Ted Black will take more of a guiding hand to make sure 2018 turns out better, and they'll build something footballish that delights people.

Ed
07-02-2015, 08:01 PM
They try again. Whaley and Rex arent going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Weed legal here in Oregon as of yesterday

What took so long?

OpIv37
07-02-2015, 08:15 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs, then Pegula has to bite the bullet and admit he made the same mistake he did with the Sabres: putting fancy rims and a booming stereo system in a rusted out 1989 Chevy Citation.

YardRat
07-02-2015, 08:25 PM
http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/m1-tank-9.jpg

Meathead
07-02-2015, 08:54 PM
meh. qb is the obvious focus but lots of things could go wrong even if the qb play is more than adequate. most classic is a string of injuries, also most common in terms of taking down a team. it would have to be obvious coaching malpractice to have any chance of rexy not sticking

djjimkelly
07-03-2015, 06:05 AM
maybe billsimpossible gets a girlfriend if the bills dont make the playoffs

Edward Robinson
07-03-2015, 03:44 PM
I think 2015 is a no lose season for the BILLS. If we make the playoffs and a least win 1 playoff game then thats great, but if dont make the playoffs then that would put us in a better position to draft another QB if EJ or TT doesnt work out

better days
07-03-2015, 04:20 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs, then Pegula has to bite the bullet and admit he made the same mistake he did with the Sabres: putting fancy rims and a booming stereo system in a rusted out 1989 Chevy Citation.

As with the Sabres, Pegula is looking at the big picture with the Bills.

He wants to build both organizations that will win over a long period of time.

He is not looking for a flash in the pan for either team.

And Rex has said that is the reason he chose to Coach the Bills, he said this will be his last job.

SpikedLemonade
07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Rex said.

Rex said.

Rex said.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I would absolutely do back flips with joy if we somehow signed Russell Wilson, but there is absolutely no chance that happens. Seattle would never simply let him walk, they are certainly going to re-sign him.

But even we assume they suddenly hated Wilson's guts and could never stomach the thought of him wearing Seahawks blue again, they still wouldn't just let him become a free agent. He would be a tag and trade guy and easily fetch a very high 1st or multiple 1sts.

Then you have to give him one of the largest contracts ever, which the Bills are not in position to do without removing a piece from our mega D Line. I'd do i for Wilson but it's still a major switch.

better days
07-06-2015, 11:50 AM
I would absolutely do back flips with joy if we somehow signed Russell Wilson, but there is absolutely no chance that happens. Seattle would never simply let him walk, they are certainly going to re-sign him.

But even we assume they suddenly hated Wilson's guts and could never stomach the thought of him wearing Seahawks blue again, they still wouldn't just let him become a free agent. He would be a tag and trade guy and easily fetch a very high 1st or multiple 1sts.

Then you have to give him one of the largest contracts ever, which the Bills are not in position to do without removing a piece from our mega D Line. I'd do i for Wilson but it's still a major switch.

Wilson is too young & has had too much success for the Seahawks to let him get away.

Philip Rivers on the other hand is older & has not had as much success as Wilson, I think he might become available next year.