PDA

View Full Version : Deals to Buffalo on SW from MD,KY,VA,CA

G. Host
07-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Gunny said it was ok to post. Please delete on July 25

*Purchase through July 24, 2003, midnight Pacific Time.
*Travel August 12 through December 13, 2003.

Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY
$34 one-way, to/from Baltimore Washington Int'l, MD
$99 one-way, to/from Louisville, KY
$64 one-way, to/from Norfolk, VA/Southern Virginia
$99 one-way, to/from Sacramento, CA

Southwest Deals (http://www.southwest.com/jp/hotfares2.shtml?src=et072203)

If there is interest I'll continue posting deals each week on Tuesday when I am in town.

:feedback:

Throne Logic
07-22-2003, 08:40 AM
$35 from BWI is wonderful! Problem for me is I'm only about 5 hours out of Buffalo and BWI is 1 1/2 hours in the exact wrong direction. I'll just drive.

Valerie
07-22-2003, 08:59 AM
I fly SouthWest all the time to and from Buffalo. It's cheap and direct. I get the weekly emails too, Throne Logic. :) I'm still waiting for Southwest to start selling tickets for December 21st. I'm going to the Miami v. Buffalo game and I have everything in place, except my airfare.

G. Host
07-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Southwest would be a better deal if parking wasn't so friggin expensive and so long to get from. There is an express shuttle to DC Metro for only $2 bucks but it doesn't run Sunday night.

Valerie
07-22-2003, 09:16 AM
Where do you park, G. Host? I park in the cheap lot, I forget what they call it though. It's $7 a day. They have a bus that takes you to the airport.

How do you go to BWI? BWI Parkway or do you take the beltway to 95? It takes me about an hour to get there. I don't think it's that bad considering National and Dulles are about 45 minutes away too. National is my favorite airport though. I think it's the easiest to get to and the least confusing of all of them.

R. Rich
07-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
Gunny said it was ok to post. Please delete on July 25

*Purchase through July 24, 2003, midnight Pacific Time.
*Travel August 12 through December 13, 2003.

Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY
$34 one-way, to/from Baltimore Washington Int'l, MD
$99 one-way, to/from Louisville, KY
$64 one-way, to/from Norfolk, VA/Southern Virginia
$99 one-way, to/from Sacramento, CA

Southwest Deals (http://www.southwest.com/jp/hotfares2.shtml?src=et072203)

If there is interest I'll continue posting deals each week on Tuesday when I am in town.

:feedback:

I've flown Southwest to Buffalo before ('99 Steelers-Bills game). It's okay. When I go to the games by myself, I just drive because it wouldn't really save me money to fly in to Buffalo and then rent a car for the weekend. I don't mind the drive plus it means I can go where I want when I get there.

WG
07-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Where do you park, G. Host? I park in the cheap lot, I forget what they call it though. It's $7 a day. They have a bus that takes you to the airport.

How do you go to BWI? BWI Parkway or do you take the beltway to 95? It takes me about an hour to get there. I don't think it's that bad considering National and Dulles are about 45 minutes away too. National is my favorite airport though. I think it's the easiest to get to and the least confusing of all of them.

Yeah, those buses are marvelous! LOL

You park your car, then look around at all the "bus stop" options. Since none of them have any indicators, you pick the one where you think the bus that you see across the lot will go to. Then it goes to the other one, b/c unbeknownst to you, it's already been to your stop even tho it's the closer one to the exit.

Then you stand there like a moron for 15 or 20 minutes and wait for the next bus, which comes by w/ two others right behind it.

It's just such a good time... :D

I have someone drop me off at Union Station, take the Marc up to BWI for $5, less RT. It takes about 45 minutes once you get to Union Station which includes the shuttle ride to the terminal, which is about 45 minutes less than if you drive/park and much less than it costs for gas, parking, etc.

Taking the Marc up is the best find that I've made in local travel.

ArcticWildMan
07-22-2003, 11:23 AM
I have a roundtrip from Anchorage to Orlando for $575 for goodness sake. Roundtrip for Kentucky/Buffalo is $200!! Damn!!! That's expensive!!!:eek:

Valerie
07-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Wys, I don't think I'd like taking the Marc train. I HATE being on someone else's clock. I want to leave when I want to leave. lol I've never had a problem with the buses at BWI.:phew:

AWM, I hope you are part of a frequent flyer program of some sort. That's a lot of damn money! And, I'm assuming you have that times four.

ArcticWildMan
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm part of a frequent flyer program. Too bad the miles are almost worthless. I have enough for several free tickets now, but surprise, surprise, there are no seats available for frequent flyer redemption.

I'm almost afraid to use them anyway. Last time I got a free ticket with my frequent flyer miles, I wound up getting bumped in Seattle and I had to wait 6 hours for another flight. When i questioned why I wasn't being routed on another flight that was sooner, I was told since I had a frequent flyer ticket, I couldn't fly on that flight.

And Gameboy wonders why I'm so negative about the airlines. They'll tell you anything to get you to fly and award a ton of miles as an extra incentive then treat you like a second class customer once you try to use these so called perks. :rolleyes:

Valerie
07-22-2003, 12:09 PM
I agree. The "perks" about receiving extras from the airlines really aren't perks at all. You have all these miles you can't redeem for tickets for one reason or another. My dad has the same problem. He tried to take my mom to Australia a few years ago. He could get her on a plane to Australia, but he couldn't get her home. All the "frequent flyer" free seats were full. The fact that 60% of the rest of the plane was still empty was besides the point. They designate like one or two "free" seats and then once those are full, tough on you. Even if the entire plane is empty. They still won't let you fly for free. My dad has over a millon miles on one of the airlines and he has troubles too. :(

I guess the key is booking really far in advance so you can get the cheap and/or free seats.

pcnorth22
07-22-2003, 12:40 PM
I park at the Marc/Amtrak lot for $6/day and take the shuttle from there. I've found it to be the easiest. Of course, I'll only do that for short wekend trips... otherwise parking gets too expensive.

Southwest's RR program is great though. Book 4 online and get one free anywehre they fly... any flight thats not full... except for about 8 blackout days a year around holidays. I've flown to San Fran and San Diego with tickets, plus I've got two more at home to use.

Voltron
07-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Southwest is the Cattel car of the airways :D

I don't care how cheap it is I will never fly them EVER again.

If they got any worse everyone on the flight would have to share the bag of peanuts.

G. Host
07-22-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by pcnorth22 Southwest's RR program is great though. Book 4 online and get one free anywehre they fly... any flight thats not full... except for about 8 blackout days a year around holidays. I've flown to San Fran and San Diego with tickets, plus I've got two more at home to use.

SW FF program sucks unless you are a very frequent flier. They expire the miles very quickly - I used to have a lot and when I went back to use them they were gone. They did same thing when I started with them when they have had those paper FF receipts - they asked me to mail originals in (I sent Certified) and then they said they never received it and when I sent my copy they said they only accept originals.

I fly because they are cheap. No other reason and I do not expect their FF points to be worth anything.

MDFINFAN
07-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Man, that's a great deal from Balt to buf..I think I'll be at the game...

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 11:40 AM
I fly SouthWest all the time to and from Buffalo. It's cheap and direct. I get the weekly emails too, Throne Logic. :) I'm still waiting for Southwest to start selling tickets for December 21st. I'm going to the Miami v. Buffalo game and I have everything in place, except my airfare.

I would really like to go to that game too, but I don't know if I'll be able to because I'm not old enough to rent a car, and I don't know how I'll get from the airport to Ralph Wilson Stadium - and back. Taxis are expensive as hell too (aren't they?) I'm not really worried about anything else other then that because I heard there are quite a few hotel rooms within wallking distance of the Ralph.

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 11:46 AM
I also would rather not have to drive from my house to Sacramento Airport. I'm gonna see if I can't get a charter plane for cheap, or hop on an amtrak or something - I don't like driving in big cities.

Valerie
07-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Ublink, why don't you ask a friend or family member for a ride to the airport.

In Buffalo, a lot of hotels offer shuttle bus service to and from the airport. I'm sure once you're in town some kind Zoner with a car would be happy to pick you up and take you to the game and take you back to your hotel afterwards. My dad and I will be renting a car and we should have room for you. :)

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Ublink, why don't you ask a friend or family member for a ride to the airport.

In Buffalo, a lot of hotels offer shuttle bus service to and from the airport. I'm sure once you're in town some kind Zoner with a car would be happy to pick you up and take you to the game and take you back to your hotel afterwards. My dad and I will be renting a car and we should have room for you. :)

If I can get a room within a mile of the Ralph, I'll just walk to and fro - it's just the ride from the airport, and back that I'm concerned about. I want to leave the same day of the game if I can book a flight out of Buffalo after the game that will give me plenty of time to pack up, get through security and get to my gate.

I also don't know which airport I'll be flying into or anything like that yet because I haven't booked anything yet. I heard that charter flights are pretty cheap - It shouldn't cost too much for me to fly from Merced to Sacramento where I can hop on my 747.

I also want to tailgate with some fellow bills fans too. I'll bring some mexican food (non perishable stuff obviously - like tortillas, and canned salsa - the rest I'll just go to a grocery store for). Oh yeah, I'll also bring/get some alcohol too.

God this is going to be sooooooo fun - I start saving money for this game with my next paycheck.

Valerie
07-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Well, my dad and I are getting into Buffalo that Saturday, so I don't think we could help you get to your hotel. But, we fly out on Sunday after the game. So we could definitely take you to the airport. We could pick you up before the tailgate, that way we had your luggage and then you could ride with us to the airport after the game. :)

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 01:19 PM
About getting the ride to the airport from a friend or family member - yeah right - for one thing, even if my parents were going to be around (they're going to be in Europe the day we play the fish in Buffalo - I think) second off everyone else I know probably would say no. I don't like relying on other people anyways.

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 01:20 PM
We'll have to see what happens - if things work out right, I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

Valerie
07-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore About getting the ride to the airport from a friend or family member - yeah right - for one thing, even if my parents were going to be around (they're going to be in Europe the day we play the fish in Buffalo - I think) second off everyone else I know probably would say no. I don't like relying on other people anyways.
That's sad, UBlink. Your friends should be willing to help you out. That's what friends and family are for. Sometimes in this life, we need to rely on others. I like you, but I think you have a lot of anger inside. Maybe if you were a little nicer to people and smiled more, your friends would say yes instead of no. Just a thought. :)

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 01:32 PM
It's not like that, it's just that that would be quite a big favor, and in all honesty, I wouldn't help them out like that either. They'd say yes if it was an emergency (as would I), but it's not. And on top of that they probably wouldn't know how to get to Sacramento - or the airport in Sacramento. By the way, how do you know if I smile a lot or not?

I don't have a lot of anger inside. I don't know where you get that from.

Valerie
07-23-2003, 01:39 PM
lol I don't. But, judging by your posts, it doesn't seem like you smile a lot.

I don't know where anger comes from either.:idunno: But, you should try to find a way to release it. And I don't mean running around like a crazy man either. lol For me, I've found that church helps. Find a place where you can go and find peace and start from there. Then, when faced with an annoying situation, instead of blowing up, take a deep breath and calm down. I just think it's sad to see such a young kid with so much anger in him. :(

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 03:11 PM
I don't have 'so much anger' in me.

The only times that I've talked about me getting into fights on here are IMO more then justified - beating up a tweaker who does nothing but go out and steal from people who work hard for their stuff is more then justified - and although he's never ripped me off personally - he has ripped some friends of mine off.

And the Heroin Addict at work - don't even get me started on him. If he screws up just one more time, he's gone - which is only a matter of time. The moron crashed a tractor towing a groundsweeper into a powerpole a few weeks ago for crying out loud - he should have been canned for that. But he's on his last write up, and I give him about a month tops - and that's being very gracious.

Dozerdog
07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
There are no hotels that I'm aware of remotely close to the Stadium- not even walking distance.

There is only 1 airport as well- Flying in to Niagra Falls or Rochester from Calofornia would be a waste- no significant savings to make it worth while.

G. Host
07-23-2003, 06:36 PM
R. Rich and I stayed in Blasdell and Rich walked to/from Hotel while there.

Buffalo Resouces (http://members.cox.net/billswatch/buffalo/index.html). Look at Hotel List near Ralph (http://members.cox.net/billswatch/buffalo/hotels.html) . I need to do a new one and I am already working on it.

Maybe I should ask if BillsZone wants to merge with me? ;) My site has been up since 1996 which would make it one of the oldest Bills sites on the web.

ublinkwescore
07-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Nice, G.Host