PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Colts - what's your outcome?

Oaf
07-03-2015, 11:02 PM
See poll and post any reasoning below.

Despite how strong Luck and co are, and that they're likely the better team, I like us week one at home with a competent offensive coordinator and a defense that can match up. No Dareus will hurt. I see this being like 2013's opener against NE, except with a slightly better performance by EJ when it matters and the W.

Bills 27-20.

feldspar
07-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Well, the point spread is Bills +2.5 right now, I believe.

If I had a strong objective feeling, I'd bet.

I don't have a strong objective feeling. This game could go any number of ways.

Luisito23
07-04-2015, 05:32 AM
Colts by a bit, but only because they have Luck on their side...Although I do agree with Feldspar that it could go either way.

better days
07-04-2015, 08:16 AM
See poll and post any reasoning below.

Despite how strong Luck and co are, and that they're likely the better team, I like us week one at home with a competent offensive coordinator and a defense that can match up. No Dareus will hurt. I see this being like 2013's opener against NE, except with a slightly better performance by EJ when it matters and the W.

Bills 27-20.

The only thing better about the Colts than the Bills is their QB.

In every other respect (except maybe OL) the Bills are a better team from the Coaching down.

Opening Day, in Buffalo, I expect the Bills to win by a bit & maybe a good bit.

Jan Reimers
07-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Bills by 2 TDs. The Colt's Luck runs out. . . of the pocket and into the waiting arms of our blitzing D.

Meathead
07-04-2015, 10:04 AM
well if rexys d rep is legit, and it is, he should have a pretty powerful unit in wk one. i suppose you can say that about anybody but with starting lineups ill take rexy and the reasonably stacked starting defense. from there its hand off thirty plus times and win a sleeper. the total pts over under should be like nine lol ok ten

really i think this is an easy call. those 2.5 look juicy. but thats why i gave up betting on sports i guess

JoeMama
07-04-2015, 10:07 AM
No idea what to make of the Colts.

I don't think they're a particularly talented team, player for player.

They just have an amazing quarterback and play in the softest division in the NFL.

We could pull it off, sure, but we really need to see how our QBs develop (or fail to develop) over the next 2 months.

Our D helped us beat the mighty Packers last season, so I could see it happening against the Colts -- who are considerably worse than the Packers.

Scumbag College
07-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Bills 41-17.

Albany,n.y.
07-04-2015, 11:35 AM
Colts made a big push in the offseason & should win early. Whether they hold up or not is another story because some of their acquisitions have a lot of miles on them.

EJ (or Tyrod) vs Luck is all you need to know

Colts off season moves:http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/13/8205529/2015-nfl-free-agency-grades-winners-losers-jets-bills-jaguars-colts
Indianapolis Colts

Signed: RB Frank Gore, WR Andre Johnson, DE Trent Cole, DE Kendall Langford, SS Mike Adams, CB Darius Butler, OT Todd Herremans, QB Matt Hasselbeck, G Joe Reitz
Lost: C A.Q. Shipley, DE Cory Redding, DB Sergio Brown
Cut: DT Ricky Jean-Francois

The Colts' free agency haul will probably be a source of disagreement among many because they got a lot older while spending a lot of money, particularly with the addition of running back Frank Gore and receiver Andre Johnson. The contracts those two players received may end up being albatrosses for Indy, but they do have the potential to pay off big time in 2015.

Gore is the perfect fit for Pep Hamilton's power-O run game, and it's pretty intriguing to imagine Johnson catching passes from Andrew Luck.

Those aren't the only two moves. The Colts made a few nice signings that have flown under the radar. Adding Kendall Langford and Trent Cole to the defensive line shores up the depth, and adding Todd Herremans should be an important move early next year, if he can stay healthy. It never hurts to have a backup quarterback, of course, and keeping Matt Hasselbeck around for another season is a savvy move.

justasportsfan
07-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Bills passing Offense will struggle but run game and D picks up the slack.

10-7 bills

Mace
07-04-2015, 03:55 PM
I went with Bills by a bunch. Road game for Indy, Rex's first (he'll have the Bills pumped), the Bills defense will be savagely aggressive, while Luck impresses me, and they've given him some weapons, Indy still seems to me like the weakest supposed contender.

Defense will be all over him like a cheap suit, and the Bills will pile up field goals thanks to Dan Carpenter with the odd touchdown by McCoy and one improbable passing score to Watkins or Harvin.

Bills 26, Indianapolis 10.

k-oneputt
07-04-2015, 05:42 PM
20-16

Meathead
07-04-2015, 08:10 PM
10-7 bills

yeah i was thinking 13-10 but keeping them to one score (or less) would be awesome

better days
07-04-2015, 09:00 PM
I went with Bills by a bunch. Road game for Indy, Rex's first (he'll have the Bills pumped), the Bills defense will be savagely aggressive, while Luck impresses me, and they've given him some weapons, Indy still seems to me like the weakest supposed contender.

Defense will be all over him like a cheap suit, and the Bills will pile up field goals thanks to Dan Carpenter with the odd touchdown by McCoy and one improbable passing score to Watkins or Harvin.

Bills 26, Indianapolis 10.

I would love to see Harvin return the opening kickoff in the 2nd half for a TD, blowing the game wide open, forcing Luck to play catch up.

You know anytime the Bills have the lead, Rex is going to bring the house to get to the QB.

Meathead
07-04-2015, 09:52 PM
howard ballard plays d now?

sudzy
07-05-2015, 05:27 AM
I look for the home crowd, Rex Ryan and his defense to keep it close. I just see a great QB making a play when he needs to and which ever below average QB the Bills start, not.

Colts 21-Bills 18.

Historian
07-05-2015, 06:04 AM
Losing Darius is huge.

Clots 17
Bills 14

Meathead
07-05-2015, 06:49 AM
damn i forgot about that :(

better days
07-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Losing Darius is huge.

Clots 17
Bills 14

I think Rex will make adjustments to compensate for the lack of Dareus in this game.

Bills 28

Colts 20

GreedoII
07-06-2015, 08:32 AM
great matchup to start the season with the Colts being dreadful against the run and Pagano a terrible HC.....27-10 Bills

sukie
07-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Colts by a bit... Unfortunately thier "Luck" is better than any luck the Bills might have during the game.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Losing Dareus is huge, but gaining McCoy is bigger. The Patriots have shown the model to beat the colts is to just keep running them over (well, and cheat, but I don't think we need that).

This should be a hell of a game though, because both the Colts offense and the Bills D can finish the year #1.

Oaf
07-06-2015, 02:11 PM
I have a feeling the offense will perform slightly better than expected, and defense slightly flatter than expected.. It'll be close.

Novacane
07-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Should be a close game. The D will pressure Luck into a couple of mistakes. If our QB doesn't return the favor the Bills win by a TD

Night Train
07-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Colts are not road warriors and are still searching for a running game. D struggles against the run.

But Luck can win the game all by himeself, even on D.

Got it..

Victor7
07-07-2015, 01:30 PM
A bit early since we don't know who's gonna be our QB but lets do it

I'm gonna say Bills by a bit. All the emotion from Rex's home opener will carry the D (even if Dareusless) to an amazing performance.

On offense a healthy dose of Shady and Fred will have the Colts D on their heels. They do however play one of the best QB's in the game so Luck will keep it close but not close enough.

Mr. Miyagi
07-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Obviously I want the Bills to win, but I'm concerned about their WRs versus our CBs.

We have Gilmore on Andre Johnson and McKelvin on TY Hilton. Yikes.

Victor7
07-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Obviously I want the Bills to win, but I'm concerned about their WRs versus our CBs.

We have Gilmore on Andre Johnson and McKelvin on TY Hilton. Yikes.

That's what worries you ? ... Johnson is not the same guy he was a couple of years ago in Houston and Gilmore is pretty darn good anyway. Hilton on McKelvin is a bit more concerning but its not like its a mismatch for the ages. Besides our DL should be able to pressure Luck.

I worry about our QB situation way more than our corners to be honest.

Mr. Miyagi
07-08-2015, 07:23 AM
That's what worries you ? ... Johnson is not the same guy he was a couple of years ago in Houston and Gilmore is pretty darn good anyway. Hilton on McKelvin is a bit more concerning but its not like its a mismatch for the ages. Besides our DL should be able to pressure Luck.

I worry about our QB situation way more than our corners to be honest.
Whoever at QB only needs to throw short passes and hand off to the RBs. Indy's defense is nothing special.

better days
07-10-2015, 08:55 AM
It will be interesting to watch the 5 minute pregame talk on CBS.

They will spend a couple minutes talking about Luck, the additions of Gore & Johnson to the Colts, then what?

The talk will be about Rex coming from the Jets to Coach the Bills.

The additions of McCoy, Clay, Harvin. The resigning of Hughes who the Bills stole from the Colts.

Aside from QB, the Bills are a BETTER team than the Colts are.

And this game will prove a QB can not win a game by himself. Not even one as good as Luck.

k-oneputt
07-10-2015, 10:05 AM
By far better talent then the Colts outside of the most important piece.
If the Bills had Luck they would be he SB favorites

JoeMama
07-10-2015, 04:47 PM
I remember laughing my ass off when an Indy sports columnist predicted the Colts to beat us in 1999 season opener.

I feel like I deserve redemption for that.

I don't just want the Bills to beat the Colts, I need the Bills to beat the Colts.