PDA

View Full Version : 26 Days Until Training Camp: When Will The Quarterback, "Separation," Begin?

BillsImpossible
07-05-2015, 01:05 PM
It already started but they're just not telling us?

The first week of training camp?

The first preseason game?

The last preseason game?

When do you expect to see or hear any signs of, "separation," at the quarterback position?

As much as the Bills coaching staff might want to hide who their starter is going to be, I think the coaching staff, media, and fans will make up their minds by week 2 of training camp and everyone will know who the Bills starting quarterback is going to be this year by the second week in August.

So I hope.

The longer the competition goes on, the silver lining says the better for a high draft pick in 2016.

Meathead
07-05-2015, 02:07 PM
i know who it will be right now

Mace
07-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I can honestly say I have no clue. At this point I'd guess they'll claim separation, whether there is or not, the week heading into the 3rd preseason game, because it's the game where the starters traditionally get their greatest chunk of playing time.

Night Train
07-06-2015, 04:32 AM
:deadhorse

HHURRICANE
07-06-2015, 07:03 AM
Matt Cassel in a dog fight...meaning they are all dogs with fleas.

Mr. Miyagi
07-06-2015, 08:41 AM
I really hope they name the starter as soon as possible. The offense needs to have time to learn the guy's cadence and tendencies.

bleve
07-07-2015, 12:34 PM
No separation any further than where they are now. I think EJ will continue to be the inconsistent project, Cassel will not get any better than he's been for 10 years (and that's not very good). They're in a win now mode, so given no further separation, I think the vet gets the nod.

BillsFanInMass
07-08-2015, 02:46 PM
I think Tyrod is gonna end up winning the job. He is way more mobile and has the stongest arm.

swiper
07-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Separating crap from crap leaves you with multiple piles of crap.

BillsImpossible
07-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Separating crap from crap leaves you with multiple piles of crap.

I think that means we'll see separation about an hour before kickoff against the Colts.

Ryan and Roman will decide the matter with a coin toss. Heads on EJ, Tails on Taylor.

BillsImpossible
07-08-2015, 06:11 PM
The separation could begin as soon as the Bills defense goes full speed against the offense in training camp.

Rex isn't going to, 'dial it down,' at all come July 31. My guess is that the, "rotation," at quarterback won't last very long.

The earlier the separation the better for the Bills. I want the Bills starting QB to get the majority of snaps in training camp.

JoeMama
07-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I doubt any of them are capable of creating much separation.

Whoever gets tabbed to start will likely be just as lackluster by the end of camp as they were entering camp.

If you take three average QB's and run them through ONE training camp, chances are, you're still gonna wind up with three mediocre QB's in five weeks.

Just sayin'.

JoeMama
07-10-2015, 05:38 PM
OK nevermind what I just said.

Now I'm rooting for Matt Cassel for playing it cool as if he meant to do this.

Awesome.

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/52d5c01b83/N67MXZQTiS4HHz0f6kCs_m14.gif

Patti120
07-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Has my vote!

better days
07-11-2015, 07:54 AM
The separation could begin as soon as the Bills defense goes full speed against the offense in training camp.

Rex isn't going to, 'dial it down,' at all come July 31. My guess is that the, "rotation," at quarterback won't last very long.

The earlier the separation the better for the Bills. I want the Bills starting QB to get the majority of snaps in training camp.

The Bills will run TC the same way they ran OTA's, with two different fields & all of the QB's getting a good number of reps.

I think it will be like one of those house hunting shows, OK we have to eliminate one of the three, which shall it be?

That will leave two QB's to fight it out until one does show he is clearly better than the other.