Do The Bills Have A Quarterback That Is Better Than Sanchez/Orton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Do The Bills Have A Quarterback That Is Better Than Sanchez/Orton?

A. Yes, at least 1 out of the 3 will be better than Sanchez/Orton.

B. All 5 quarterbacks are totally equal in talent and they all suck.

C. No, Sanchez/Orton were better than Manuel, Taylor and Cassel.

A, B, or C?

If the Bills do have a quarterback that will be better than Sanchez/Orton, does that make them Super Bowl candidates?

I'm a homer, so yes.

A all the way.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Do The Bills Have A Quarterback That Is Better Than Sanchez/Orton?

Orton, if he wanted to play, would be recruited by half the league.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Orton is way better than Sanchez.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Frenchman
        June and Summertime!
        • Apr 2012

Just wished Orton never retired, he was really good!
        ​Ready for Summertime Fun!

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Do we have a QB better than Fitzpatrick?

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

ORTON SUCKS **** AND GO """"""" his IF YOU PINEOVER HIM AS QB

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Everyone says Sanchez sucks, yet Rex got the Jets to the AFC Championship game two years in a row with him at QB.

I think he could do the same with the Bills & the QB's on the roster now.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Kyle Orton was certainly above average during his brief stint in Buffalo.

You can't say that about anyone currently on the roster and I definitely wouldn't take Sanchez over him.

Orton did his part to get the team over .500 for the first time since 2004. That alone is enough to throw a little praise his way given how win starved this franchise has been for 15 years.

But there's more.

18 TD's vs 10 INT's, 3000+ yards passing (250+ yards/game), an 88 QB Rating, a 64% Completion Rate.

I know a small number of posters have an irrational ax to grind over Orton, but he brought more stability to the QB than we've seen in over a decade.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Orton wasn't great. Not his fault he had to overcome Marrone as a HC.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

But there's more.

18 TD's vs 10 INT's, 3000+ yards passing (250+ yards/game), an 88 QB Rating, a 64% Completion Rate.

I know a small number of posters have an irrational ax to grind over Orton, but he brought more stability to the QB than we've seen in over a decade.
                    Especially if you take into account he wasn't here at camp. He was to say the least at par with Fitz in his 3rd year in the same system under Chan.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Not a huge gap, but I would take Orton over any current Bills QB and Sanchez. Would be great if E.J. could prove me wrong though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't know why everyone is poo-pooing on our QBs. I think all 3 of them are as good as Sanchez, and I think EJ will be a pleasant surprise to the doubters this year. In this league we're now all so used to having instant success with QBs, we don't allow them time to develop anymore. Yes there are guys like Rothlisberger and Luck and Russell Wilson light up the world in the first season, but most QBs take a few years to come into their own. Eli Manning sucked in his first two seasons. Romo took forever to be where he is now. Rodgers took 3 seasons on the bench, Flacco, Brees, RG3, Bridgewater, the list goes on and on. Everyone is high on Tannehill, but it's taking him years to show potential. Why give up on EJ already when he's had 16 games only? Let him play.
                        Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 07-15-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

id rather have orton than cassel, but id rather ej or tyrod earn the starts over either of them. both the vets are very limited. still dont think tyrod can get into the 60%+ completion pcent he needs to be a reliable starter but i hope he surprises us
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

if cassel wins the job, the other two are junk and it puts the bills in a horrible situation.

The reason being that our d should keep us picking between 12-18 on their talent alone. and unless cassel wins us a superbowl as the caretaker, we'll have an average season with another year to not get a great qb. if ej or tyrod win, then the coaching staff sees something and its possible they can keep developing over the next year or two.

cassel winning to me will be a sign that the team is pretty much at its ceiling barring a miracle season.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                              I don't know why everyone is poo-pooing on our QBs. I think all 3 of them are as good as Sanchez, and I think EJ will be a pleasant surprise to the doubters this year. In this league we're now all so used to having instant success with QBs, we don't allow them time to develop anymore. Yes there are guys like Rothlisberger and Luck and Russell Wilson light up the world in the first season, but most QBs take a few years to come into their own. Eli Manning sucked in his first two seasons. Romo took forever to be where he is now. Rodgers took 3 seasons on the bench, Flacco, Brees, RG3, Bridgewater, the list goes on and on. Everyone is high on Tannehill, but it's taking him years to show potential. Why give up on EJ already when he's had 16 games only? Let him play.
                              Three minor points of disagreement.

Flacco started right away and immediately led his team to the playoffs. Ditto Matt Ryan.

RGIII was only impressive his rookie year, and never amounted to anything afterward. His 15 minutes are almost up.

Drew Brees was pretty solid his first stint as a starter (2nd year) but regressed in his 3rd year. However, that one season was an aberration since he's been a superstar from 2004 on up.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X