X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Doug Whaley Was Right, EJ Manuel Should Have Started All 16 Games Last Year

Hindsight is 20/20, crystal clear vision.

Doug Whaley had it right. The Bills should have let EJ start all 16 games in 2014.

The team would be better off today if Orton never stepped on the field.

Doug Marrone wanted no part in the development of EJ Manuel last year.

Whaley deserves credit for being right.

The Bills would be more ahead of the game today if Marrone stuck to the team's game plan instead of going rogue and abusing his power.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Doug Whaley Was Right, EJ Manuel Should Have Started All 16 Games Last Year

I don't know; I kinda enjoyed not completely sucking ass for once.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

You made your point in the other thread.. No need for this one hence why many consider you to be "thread obsessed"

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Why? So they'd be one year closer to realizing he sucks and needs to be replaced?

Shouldn't they have already figured that out?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

EJ is never going to start an NFL game again.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
            Yeah, it was great watching Orton slide short of a first down to lose a game or to watch Orton lose to the Raiders.

A team that beat only two other teams besides the Bills.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
              You can thank the defense for that. Not Kyle Orton.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Naturally Bills impossible is relying on 20/20 hindsight, because during the season he was backing Kyle Orton.

If Kyle Orton started against the Houston Texans, the Bills would be 5-2. If the Chicago Bears never parted ways with Kyle Orton, maybe the Bears beat the Colts in Super Bowl XLI? After getting benched in Denver in favor of football Jesus, Orton rode the NFL veteran quarterback donkey all the way to Dallas in search of

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8520/kyle-orton 6'4 228 lbs, 31 years old, low mileage, seasoned veteran with 9 seasons under his belt and a huge chip on his shoulder after getting screwed over. 2008-2010 stats look exactly like what the Bills are looking for. 20 TD's, half the Int's, and 3500 yards passing on

The NFL will do everything possible to have the Broncos and Patriots meet in the AFC Championship Game, but the Buffalo Bills spoil the party in Week 16 and win the AFC East for the first time since I didn't have hair on my balls. An NFL Western showdown between the Buffalo Bills and the Denver Broncos? Peyton Manning,

Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick. He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for. He is quietly having an excellent year. He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4%

I'll grant you that Manuel should have started week 17 after we were eliminated (though beating even a half-strength Pats team was still nice), but there was no way we should have rode him the whole season. He was a complete disaster in Houston.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Did Whaley really say that?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

The Bills were a playoff team with Orton. EJ was not playing well at all, or did we forget that already? We wanted to win games.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

its almost like i'm in bizzaro world and people don't recall anything ej had done and what the team was doing when he was starter.

This team would have gone 5-11 or 6-10 last year with ej under center for the full season. had that happened Whaley and EJ would be on the street corner today and we definitely would be moaning about our lack of talent at QB, and likely probably wouldn't have got Rex, as the defense probably would have stopped playing hard at some point in the season and would have fallen off the cliff.

orton wasn't worth much, but he did land us our first winning season in almost a decade, and gave us and his teamates a glimmer of hope and something to play for in December.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                        The Bills were a playoff team with Orton. EJ was not playing well at all, or did we forget that already? We wanted to win games.
                        EJ was 2-2.

Orton was 7-5 but would have been 6-6 if the Pats* played their starters in the last game.

The Bills were NOT a playoff team with Orton, you are delusional.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                          its almost like i'm in bizzaro world and people don't recall anything ej had done and what the team was doing when he was starter.

This team would have gone 5-11 or 6-10 last year with ej under center for the full season. had that happened Whaley and EJ would be on the street corner today and we definitely would be moaning about our lack of talent at QB, and likely probably wouldn't have got Rex, as the defense probably would have stopped playing hard at some point in the season and would have fallen off the cliff.

orton wasn't worth much, but he did land us our first winning season in almost a decade, and gave us and his teamates a glimmer of hope and something to play for in December.
                          I see that argument and it has some truth to it. But on the other hand I can't help but feel "so what" about what we did last year. I think Orton did get us an extra couple games but we weren't really close to the playoffs and now Orton's retired, not that he was ever going to win us anything. Yeah EJ wasn't good. But we'd sure know a lot more about him now if he had continued to play wouldn't we? The sample size on a guy that came here with obvious holes in his game is still small. Is he worthless? Some have already decided he is. I'm not smart enough to know that. I doubt Castle or Tie Rod is the answer. So what really did those extra couple games do for us going forward? Orton was a small band aid on a huge gash. And now the band aid is off. Should I be excited yet?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            The Bills were a playoff team with Orton.
                            Let me think about that.....ummm........no. Orton did what Orton does, win about half his games. That isn't playoffs.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

I will give Orton credit for the Lions win, but nothing else.

I also blame Orton for the Raiders loss.

I think the Bills would have had pretty much the same record with EJ starting the entire season.

Comment

Working...
                              X