PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick Rips NFL For Not Adopting Expanded Replay Cameras

BillsImpossible
07-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Never thought I would agree with the HC, (Hoody Cheater) but he's got a point. Very ironic, but very true.

The NFL owners considered adding fixed cameras on the goal lines (of all places), sidelines, and end lines but chose not to.

Why the hell not? What's wrong with technology, NFL?

The Cowboys are using drones to film their practices, every NFL team is using tech that monitors and records everything from how fast a player is running to how fast their heart is beating to what time players are going to bed. Ask Chip Kelly or LeSean McCoy about that.

It is 2015, not 1915. Cameras aren't new. Ever hear of a throwable camera?

http://www.serveball.com/

The technology is amazing. Cameras can get ran over and thrown around today. Why not use them?

http://www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/bill-belichick-rips-nfl-for-not-adopting-expanded-replay-cameras/

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter (http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12559656/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-unhappy-lack-end-zone-cameras), Belichick ranted in front of league officials over their excuse that the cameras would be too expensive to install.

<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/22537614/PREM-1x1_SportsBreak_ContentBreak_Desktop_0" name="google_ads_iframe_/22537614/PREM-1x1_SportsBreak_ContentBreak_Desktop_0" width="1" height="1" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="max-width: 100%; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; vertical-align: bottom; width: 1px;"></iframe>

“They were in a meeting the other day with Dean Blandino, the head of the officials, and Bill Belichick got up there, and in profane language, told the NFL: ‘We spend money to send the Pro Bowl to Brazil, we spend money to go overseas to London, but we can’t spend money to have four cameras in the end zone, four cameras to help determine the correct call in the end zone on certain plays?'”
Belichick was much calmer when talking to reporters about the decision.
“It’s disappointing every year we can’t afford that, as a league,” Belichick told reporters Tuesday. “They brought that up as a concern. It was kind of surprising to hear that.”
We’re surprised too. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business. Players, coaches, and executives are paid in the millions. Commissioner Roger Goodell, who many would say hasn’t had the greatest year in terms of leading the league, gets paid $44 million a year!

Interesting, isn't it?

Why doesn't the NFL want to pay for simple fixed cameras on the goal lines?

Too costly? We all know that's a bunch of crap. That explanation is insulting to any football fan. They think we're THAT dumb?

Very surprising to read that the NFL chose not to take advantage of something that could have helped the league grow its fan base by giving the fans what they want (cool camera candy), instead of letting NFL fans speculate that the league is fixed.

YardRat
07-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Billy B can eat a bag of dicks, I don't care if he is right on this one.

BillsImpossible
07-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Billy B can eat a bag of dicks, I don't care if he is right on this one.

Belicheat wasn't the only head coach or GM in the NFL that wanted the cameras.

Of course, the NFL uses Bill Belichick in the media as their perfect controlled opposition.

Has any other coach been so vocal about it? No.

Because their lines weren't written in the NFL's script.

It's a fixed league, and I will still watch because it's entertainment.

The WWF of the 1980's and the NFL of today have a lot in common.

More cameras would expose the theater.

Strongman
07-17-2015, 10:50 PM
If Belicheat wants them, then it's for some other motive besides getting the calls correct...

Novacane
07-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Where they need more cameras is on the Patriots sideline.

better days
07-18-2015, 07:38 AM
I think the NFL should have the cameras as Belicheck says.

And Robert Kraft should be forced to pay for them as punishment for the cheating his team has done.

Night Train
07-19-2015, 06:31 PM
He only likes spy cameras.

Thurmal
07-19-2015, 08:45 PM
If I worked for the Patriots, I would like the officiating to stay just like it is.

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Bellichick, once again, is right on this one.