PDA

View Full Version : No more than 1 game for Brady....bet on it!

HHURRICANE
07-18-2015, 07:42 AM
He's got the media and legal machine running.

sudzy
07-18-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm thinking he'll get off without missing a game. The courts are neutering the NFL.

Skooby
07-18-2015, 08:16 AM
I'd bet you ZB's if I had any.

gr8slayer
07-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Should be 0 games, this whole thing is stupid.

JoeMama
07-18-2015, 09:08 AM
If the ban is only two games, can we lobby for those two games to be effective against Buffalo?

Considering all the emotional harm he's inflicted upon us over the years, I think this is the only proper course of action!

better days
07-18-2015, 09:12 AM
Should be 0 games, this whole thing is stupid.

What was stupid was for Brady to not acknowledge he wanted his footballs deflated.

He should have just said from the start, yeah, I asked those guys to deflate the balls for me, my bad.

It would have likely resulted in a minimal fine if Brady had done that.

Instead, not only did he refuse to own up to it, he refused to cooperate with the NFL investigation.

IMO, the punishment has more to do with refusal to cooperate with the NFL than it does with the deflating of footballs.

JoeMama
07-18-2015, 10:12 AM
What was stupid was for Brady to not acknowledge he wanted his footballs deflated.

He should have just said from the start, yeah, I asked those guys to deflate the balls for me, my bad.

Instead, not only did he refuse to own up to it, he refused to cooperate with the NFL investigation.

IMO, the punishment has more to do with refusal to cooperate with the NFL than it does with the deflating of footballs.

^
right thuuure!

I think at this point, it's more about Brady's refusal to cooperate with the NFL too.

When accused, he got really obstinate and petulant about it. Then shut down the NFL's overtures to find out what happened.

It would probably be a non-issue and a minimal fine if he just said, Yeah **** it, I like them *****es deflated! What of it???

feldspar
07-18-2015, 10:15 AM

That's the thing; he should be suspended for failure to cooperate with the investigation alone. That's always been part of it.

What would be the message if he weren't suspended? Stonewall everybody, keep your mouth shut, deny everything, don't cooperate, and then everything magically disappears and you're let off scot-free? No. Trust me, the NFL does not want to set that precedent.

We already know how Brady can keep his mouth shut. He should be doing that now...accept the punishment and shut up.

capitolneal
07-18-2015, 11:30 AM
I just want him to play week two so the defense can drill his ass

YardRat
07-18-2015, 11:42 AM
**** him, he should be Pete Rose'd.

Mr. Pink
07-18-2015, 12:20 PM
**** him, he should be Pete Rose'd.

Pete Rose shouldn't even be Pete Rose'd anymore. Neither should Shoeless Joe at this point.

That being said, I'd Brady sits two games for this...his suspension being halved, since that's what usually happens when anyone appeals.

HHURRICANE
07-18-2015, 02:28 PM
I just want him to play week two so the defense can drill his ass

I'll take the free win. Let them drill him in New England. I think we would be the only team to beat the Pats three times in a row.

GingerP
07-18-2015, 03:54 PM
I'll take the free win. Let them drill him in New England. I think we would be the only team to beat the Pats three times in a row.

Indy beat them in 3 straight games from 2005 - 2006

Denver beat them 3 straight times from 2005 - 2006

NJBillsfan
07-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I could see this as a one game suspension but they won't pass the judgement until after week 1. There is no way the nfl wants the first game of the season between the pats and steelers played without Brady. They would just hold off on the sentence and he will miss the bills game only.

BillsImpossible
07-18-2015, 04:44 PM
The 4 game suspension will stand because Roger Goodell showed Tom Brady some tapes the Patriots would rather not see the light of day.

Just a hunch.

Zoneblitser
07-20-2015, 12:54 PM
That's the thing; he should be suspended for failure to cooperate with the investigation alone. That's always been part of it.

What would be the message if he weren't suspended? Stonewall everybody, keep your mouth shut, deny everything, don't cooperate, and then everything magically disappears and you're let off scot-free? No. Trust me, the NFL does not want to set that precedent.

We already know how Brady can keep his mouth shut. He should be doing that now...accept the punishment and shut up.

We now have a women running for president using that same tactic.

Generalissimus Gibby
07-20-2015, 06:08 PM
As all other things, pretty boy will get a "fair" "punishment" by the league for his/her (OT I know, but I seriously see Brady doing a Jenner a couple decades from now) offense. He will be unable to start in week one. So Bellicheat* puts in the backup for the first series, he gets injured and in comes Brady.