PDA

View Full Version : Good will announce Brady decision a day before season starts....

MidnightVoice
07-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Roger Goodell: No timeline on Tom Brady appeal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502927/article/roger-goodell-no-timeline-on-tom-brady-appeal

"There is no timeline," Goodell told TribLive.com on Tuesday.....
Goodell's statement Tuesday falls in line with an appeals process that has no true precedent in terms of timeframe. The New Orleans Saints' coaching staff heard back on their bounty-related penalties after four days and the players heard back in eight. Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy, whose suspension was recently reduced to four games, waited 43 days to hear the result, while Adrian Peterson waited eight and Ray Rice 22.

Regardless, New England will be waiting nervously. Without a timeline in place, the team will have to continue the delicate balance of prepping backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and game planning without Brady for the first four games of the season

There will be no suspension, but NE will have wasted the entire preseason getting a BU ready. That way Goodell causes maximum damage with does not suspend Brady at all :D

trapezeus
07-21-2015, 01:36 PM
i hope when the announce that brady's suspension has been lifted that they announce that you can do whatever you want to win games and that there is no rule book.

at least let the other 31 teams know that following the rules are for suckers....officially.

sudzy
07-21-2015, 02:37 PM
i hope when the announce that brady's suspension has been lifted that they announce that you can do whatever you want to win games and that there is no rule book.

And all games will be played in THUNDERDOME!!!!!

YardRat
07-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I hate to say it, but the longer the ruling drags out the more probable it is Brady gets off with nothing. What better PR stunt could be pulled to open the season?

BuffaloRedleg
07-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Someone who is smart: If they do it the day before the season starts, does that allow him time to file an official court appeal in time for the Bills game?

I was pretty sure his plan was to appeal the decision in court allowing him to play this season, and then retire before the court case goes through.

Am I off on that?

X-Era
07-22-2015, 04:52 AM
I hate to say it, but the longer the ruling drags out the more probable it is Brady gets off with nothing. What better PR stunt could be pulled to open the season?
What will piss me off is when Marcia litigates and the suspension is suspended pending litigation. And that golden opportunity we have to beat NE in week 2 evaporates.

swiper
07-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Beating the Patriots with Brady at QB will be much more enjoyable than beating them with unnamed back-up.

OpIv37
07-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Beating the Patriots with Brady at QB will be much more enjoyable than beating them with unnamed back-up.

Except that we won't beat them if Brady plays. We probably won't beat them if he doesn't play.

swiper
07-22-2015, 07:59 AM
Except that we won't beat them if Brady plays. We probably won't beat them if he doesn't play.

So you're not of the "EJ will blossom in his 3rd year" school of thought?

OpIv37
07-22-2015, 08:06 AM
So you're not of the "EJ will blossom in his 3rd year" school of thought?

No, I'm more of the "we are squandering a great D and above average RB/WR talent because we don't have a QB or an OL" school of thought.

Meathead
07-22-2015, 09:28 AM
honestly dont care if he plays or not but id like to see personal and professional integrity reinforced. only way to do that is to uphold the suspension or better yet expand it

trapezeus
07-22-2015, 10:26 AM

you never know. we probably beat them last year if that random 15 yard penalty on 4th and 1 wasn't called.

if they remain protected with BS calls and the cheating that gives them outlier performance figures, no one is going to beat them with the best team in the league.

CommissarSpartacus
07-22-2015, 10:05 PM

A question for you, since you're a mod.

How come my my thread on Brady's suspension gets banished to the NFL forum "because it's not Bills related" and yet when I take a look a few weeks later, there are threads about it all over the first page?

Could it possibly be that only people that are allowed to voice an opinion in this forum are Brady and Pats haters?

Because I defend them, my threads are buried?

Bills fans can't stand any opinions that don't already consider Brady and the Pats guilty?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-22-2015, 11:30 PM
Captain America does not whine

Bill Cody
07-23-2015, 11:26 AM
IMO the delay is because Goodell has made a offer to reduce to 2 games and Brady has so far declined to accept it. Both sides have something to lose if the case goes to court. I think the league sees that Brady is reluctant to go to court so they are refusing to budge on anything less than 2 games and letting time pass to announce a decision to put the pressure on Brady to accept. Not sure whether either side will cave. Goodell is boxed in. He'd like to cut this back because as it is now the league has made the PSI of a football equal to Greg Hardy's suspension for assaulting and threatening his girlfriend, not a good look for the league. But some owner's want Brady's suspension totally upheld so Goodell can't cave and give him nothing or one game, not going to happen.

CommissarSpartacus
07-24-2015, 08:57 PM
IMO the delay is because Goodell has made a offer to reduce to 2 games and Brady has so far declined to accept it. Both sides have something to lose if the case goes to court. I think the league sees that Brady is reluctant to go to court so they are refusing to budge on anything less than 2 games and letting time pass to announce a decision to put the pressure on Brady to accept. Not sure whether either side will cave. Goodell is boxed in. He'd like to cut this back because as it is now the league has made the PSI of a football equal to Greg Hardy's suspension for assaulting and threatening his girlfriend, not a good look for the league. But some owner's want Brady's suspension totally upheld so Goodell can't cave and give him nothing or one game, not going to happen.

I wasn't aware of a report saying Brady is reluctant to take it to court. Have you read something I haven't?

I can't see Brady accepting any sort of suspension or other sort of punishment because no matter how light, it's an admission of guilt.

Brady has tons of money. I could see him retiring and telling the NFL to shove it before admitting to the world he's a cheater.

YardRat
07-25-2015, 05:11 AM
A question for you, since you're a mod.

How come my my thread on Brady's suspension gets banished to the NFL forum "because it's not Bills related" and yet when I take a look a few weeks later, there are threads about it all over the first page?

Could it possibly be that only people that are allowed to voice an opinion in this forum are Brady and Pats haters?

Because I defend them, my threads are buried?

Bills fans can't stand any opinions that don't already consider Brady and the Pats guilty?

There is no 'official policy' as you insinuate that I know of (other than the TOS, of course), and some actions are left up to our personal discretion and interpretation.

better days
07-25-2015, 09:18 AM

Greg Hardy was suspended on 9-17 of last year. He missed the vast majority of last season.

Any games he misses this year are in ADDITION to the season Hardy already missed.

better days
07-25-2015, 09:36 AM

A win is a win. I doubt Brady or the Cheaters or the Cheaters fans would think less of winning a game Rodgers or Luck or Peyton Manning missed.

swiper
07-25-2015, 12:16 PM
A win is a win. I doubt Brady or the Cheaters or the Cheaters fans would think less of winning a game Rodgers or Luck or Peyton Manning missed.

LOL. Says one of the people that whined that the Pats "handed" Marrone that last game. ****ing hypocrite.

better days
07-25-2015, 08:51 PM
LOL. Says one of the people that whined that the Pats "handed" Marrone that last game. ****ing hypocrite.

LMAO, when you are no longer in contention to make the playoffs, or you have already made the playoffs & an extra win will not improve your standing at all, is the only time a win does not matter.

better days
07-25-2015, 09:18 PM
LMAO, when you are no longer in contention to make the playoffs, or you have already made the playoffs & an extra win will not improve your standing at all, is the only time a win does not matter.

And only an IDIOT TROLL that knows nothing about football would not understand that.

CommissarSpartacus
07-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Gee, guess who the owners are who are pushing Goodell to hang Tom Brady?"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-colts-ravens-owners-most-vocal-in-pushing-tom-brady-suspension/ar-AAduqDB?srcref=rss

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-26-2015, 12:22 PM
all of them? Didn't the Pats* owner accept his punishment? Loss of pick, $M ...?

Victor7
07-27-2015, 12:04 PM
There was a report from the AP last week about the NFLPA offering the league a deal of a big ass fine in exchange of the complete removal of the 4 game suspension.

How's that for total bullcrap huh ??

Yeah we'll pay a gazillion dollar fine. (That'll hurt them !! I mean its money they lack right ?? right ??) But you drop the suspension.

Absolute garbage. Brady can't come out of this clean. He just can't. If he does I think its the end for Goodell. Its been reported more than once that other owners (not just Irsay and the Ravens guy) are fed up with the clear as daylight pro NE agenda of Goodell. This would be his demise.

JoeMama
07-27-2015, 09:51 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/11754125_1664795110401323_6304418046874890257_n_zpsvbdms80h.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/11754125_1664795110401323_6304418046874890257_n_zpsvbdms80h.jpg.html)

bleve
07-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Well now there's a report (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tom-brady-destroyed-phone-suspension-to-be-upheld/ar-AAdBouH) that the suspension will be upheld, and that there's allegations that Brady destroyed his phone.

The NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal and uphold the four-game suspension he is facing for his alleged role in Deflategate, according to one report.
Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN’s “First Take” Tuesday morning that a source told him Roger Goodell will not reduce or overturn Brady’s suspension (https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/626030539049463808). Perhaps more shocking, Smith cited a separate source who told him Brady actually destroyed his own personal cell phone rather than just refusing to turn it over.

OpIv37
07-28-2015, 11:03 AM
If the cell phone piece is true, I don't see how Brady could possibly sue. It's going to be hard to win a lawsuit after getting caught destroying evidence.

DraftBoy
07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
If the cell phone piece is true, I don't see how Brady could possibly sue. It's going to be hard to win a lawsuit after getting caught destroying evidence.

Going to be a hell of sell job to convince a judge in a civil suit that the phone was intentionally destroyed.

swiper
07-28-2015, 11:59 AM
And only an IDIOT TROLL that knows nothing about football would not understand that.

Understand that you are a stupid hypocrite that constantly talks out of both sides of his mouth? Yeah. We all get that.

better days
07-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Understand that you are a stupid hypocrite that constantly talks out of both sides of his mouth? Yeah. We all get that.

LMAO at the TROLL.

You understand NOTHING.