Good will announce Brady decision a day before season starts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Good will announce Brady decision a day before season starts....

Roger Goodell: No timeline on Tom Brady appeal

It's been more than a month since Tom Brady appealed his four-game suspension. Roger Goodell said Tuesday there's no timeline for a decision on Brady's status.

"There is no timeline," Goodell told TribLive.com on Tuesday.....
    Goodell's statement Tuesday falls in line with an appeals process that has no true precedent in terms of timeframe. The New Orleans Saints' coaching staff heard back on their bounty-related penalties after four days and the players heard back in eight. Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy, whose suspension was recently reduced to four games, waited 43 days to hear the result, while Adrian Peterson waited eight and Ray Rice 22.

Regardless, New England will be waiting nervously. Without a timeline in place, the team will have to continue the delicate balance of prepping backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and game planning without Brady for the first four games of the season

There will be no suspension, but NE will have wasted the entire preseason getting a BU ready. That way Goodell causes maximum damage with does not suspend Brady at all

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Good will announce Brady decision a day before season starts....

i hope when the announce that brady's suspension has been lifted that they announce that you can do whatever you want to win games and that there is no rule book.

at least let the other 31 teams know that following the rules are for suckers....officially.

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
      i hope when the announce that brady's suspension has been lifted that they announce that you can do whatever you want to win games and that there is no rule book.

And all games will be played in THUNDERDOME!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I hate to say it, but the longer the ruling drags out the more probable it is Brady gets off with nothing. What better PR stunt could be pulled to open the season?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

Someone who is smart: If they do it the day before the season starts, does that allow him time to file an official court appeal in time for the Bills game?

I was pretty sure his plan was to appeal the decision in court allowing him to play this season, and then retire before the court case goes through.

Am I off on that?

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I hate to say it, but the longer the ruling drags out the more probable it is Brady gets off with nothing. What better PR stunt could be pulled to open the season?
            What will piss me off is when Marcia litigates and the suspension is suspended pending litigation. And that golden opportunity we have to beat NE in week 2 evaporates.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Beating the Patriots with Brady at QB will be much more enjoyable than beating them with unnamed back-up.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Beating the Patriots with Brady at QB will be much more enjoyable than beating them with unnamed back-up.
                Except that we won't beat them if Brady plays. We probably won't beat them if he doesn't play.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Except that we won't beat them if Brady plays. We probably won't beat them if he doesn't play.
                  So you're not of the "EJ will blossom in his 3rd year" school of thought?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    So you're not of the "EJ will blossom in his 3rd year" school of thought?
                    No, I'm more of the "we are squandering a great D and above average RB/WR talent because we don't have a QB or an OL" school of thought.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

honestly dont care if he plays or not but id like to see personal and professional integrity reinforced. only way to do that is to uphold the suspension or better yet expand it
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        you never know. we probably beat them last year if that random 15 yard penalty on 4th and 1 wasn't called.

if they remain protected with BS calls and the cheating that gives them outlier performance figures, no one is going to beat them with the best team in the league.

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          A question for you, since you're a mod.

How come my my thread on Brady's suspension gets banished to the NFL forum "because it's not Bills related" and yet when I take a look a few weeks later, there are threads about it all over the first page?

Could it possibly be that only people that are allowed to voice an opinion in this forum are Brady and Pats haters?

Because I defend them, my threads are buried?

Bills fans can't stand any opinions that don't already consider Brady and the Pats guilty?
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

Captain America does not whine

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

IMO the delay is because Goodell has made a offer to reduce to 2 games and Brady has so far declined to accept it. Both sides have something to lose if the case goes to court. I think the league sees that Brady is reluctant to go to court so they are refusing to budge on anything less than 2 games and letting time pass to announce a decision to put the pressure on Brady to accept. Not sure whether either side will cave. Goodell is boxed in. He'd like to cut this back because as it is now the league has made the PSI of a football equal to Greg Hardy's suspension for assaulting and threatening his girlfriend, not a good look for the league. But some owner's want Brady's suspension totally upheld so Goodell can't cave and give him nothing or one game, not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X