• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation to Donate $1.2 Billion to Charity

Jesus tap dancing christ this is fantastic.
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation to Donate $1.2 Billion to Charity

Wow, 1.2B, thats impressive. Ralph, you were not a good owner, but always a first class character, in life and death. RIP Ralph.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Ralph is cheap.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

awesome

trump acting like a dick, the kardashians asses, and faux racism gets all the play and this will get almost zero attention
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

What a greedy SOAB, stuffing his mattress with all that cash he didnt sign player wi....oh wait...

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Ralph is cheap even in his death.

-OPiv
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• elroy16
              • May 2014

The team was sold for $1.4 billion and they're turning right around and giving away 1.2 of it. That is unreal. I have no words for how much respect I have for the Wilson family.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Isn't this old news? I heard about this last year right after he died.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Ralph Wilson was horrible as an NFL owner and great as a philanthropist. I have no problem praising his character while criticizing his performance.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Ruben Gant still wants his money.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      Ralph is cheap.
                      They pried that $ out of his dead hands.

Comment

• Strongman
                        • Apr 2006

It's incredibly generous. Ralph was pretty shrews financially so I'm certain there is a huge tax advantage to his heirs for doing this while also drawing a big salary for running his foundation. Still, it's good to see billionaires who, post mortem, had a sense of social responsibility and wanted to use their legacy to improve things like helping the homeless.

I don't want to diminish the good this foundation is doing, but it is a reality. I'd much rather a Charitable Foundation function like this than say the Walton Family's Foundation which basically uses it's money to further the interests of Walmart Inc.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
                          It's incredibly generous. Ralph was pretty shrews financially so I'm certain there is a huge tax advantage to his heirs for doing this while also drawing a big salary for running his foundation. Still, it's good to see billionaires who, post mortem, had a sense of social responsibility and wanted to use their legacy to improve things like helping the homeless.

I don't want to diminish the good this foundation is doing, but it is a reality. I'd much rather a Charitable Foundation function like this than say the Walton Family's Foundation which basically uses it's money to further the interests of Walmart Inc.
                          Well, Jerry Jones net estimated worth is 4.2 billion, Donald Trump 4. Whatever the tax advantage is, even if it was a full 1.2 billion, 1.2 billion in charity is 1.2 billion in charity. They just just gave away more than 25% of Trump and Jones individual net worth. That's staggering impressive.

They gave away nearly entirely what they made in selling the team, that's more staggering.

Wilson essentially had his team sold to a local owner for charity when you really stop and think about it. When you wrap your head around that, the jaded "tax breaks" thought kind of evaporates imho.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                            Isn't this old news? I heard about this last year right after he died.
                            It's probably old news but worth thinking about in real time. Wilson essentially sold his team for a couple hundred million in gain to his family, probably less legal fees and applicable taxes. Rest of that money is going to other people.

It's worth noting.

Comment

• Strongman
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Well, Jerry Jones net estimated worth is 4.2 billion, Donald Trump 4. Whatever the tax advantage is, even if it was a full 1.2 billion, 1.2 billion in charity is 1.2 billion in charity. They just just gave away more than 25% of Trump and Jones individual net worth. That's staggering impressive.

They gave away nearly entirely what they made in selling the team, that's more staggering.

Wilson essentially had his team sold to a local owner for charity when you really stop and think about it. When you wrap your head around that, the jaded "tax breaks" thought kind of evaporates imho.
                              As I said, I think it is incredibly generous. When a Charitable Foundation acts in the same socially responsible manner as the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation, I have zero problem with them taking advantage of the tax breaks. Heck, I even hope Ralph's estate has to pay zero in taxes.

In contrast, an entity like the Walton Family Foundation is just a way for that family to shelter their wealth and further the interests of Walmart Inc. through it's "charitable" acts. SOmething like that, I'm very much against.

Comment

Working...
                              X