50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 30 Days or Less Away From A Starting Quarterback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 30 Days or Less Away From A Starting Quarterback

As of today, (July 25th) the Bills are 50 days away from the start of their run at Super Bowl 50 at home against the Colts.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: 50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 30 Days or Less Away From A Starting Quarterba

Apparently Kyle Williams said the D was told to be relentless in the spring. There is no front runner yet but Cassel's tough spring was a non issue based on what Rex was trying to do.

I think Cassel will be the starter.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Re: 50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 30 Days or Less Away From A Starting Quarterba

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
      Apparently Kyle Williams said the D was told to be relentless in the spring. There is no front runner yet but Cassel's tough spring was a non issue based on what Rex was trying to do.

I think Cassel will be the starter.
      That's Whaley's guy. He signed Cassel and gave up a 5th round pick for a 6th round pick this year, and a 7th rounder in 2016.

Cassel has a $4.75 million cap hit in 2015.

Tyrod Taylor is Rex's guy. He personally recruited Taylor and gave up nothing to sign him.

EJ Manuel looks like the odd man out, but he still has about 30 days to prove he's worth keeping.

If Cassel can't run Roman's offense, his dead cap hit is minimal if he gets cut. Doug Whaley would have to admit he made a bad trade and gave up way too much to sign Cassel.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

EJ Manuel is Whaley's guy. When he was forced down Doug Marrone's throat, he fought back. Then he walked out when he found out Whaley was gonna shove Manuel down his throat for a second year in a row.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Rex and Roman already know who their starting quarterback is going to be.

I think it's a foregone conclusion.

Why? Because Ozzie Newsome would have replaced Tyrod Taylor with a better quarterback if he thought it was necessary.

There were plenty of Orton's, Sanchez's, and Fitzpatrick's out there to replace Taylor, but Newsome didn't do it.

Why not?

For 4 years in Baltimore, Tyrod Taylor was good enough to backup a Super Bowl winning quarterback in Joe Flacco.

I honestly think Ozzie Newsome let Tyrod Taylor go because he knew he had a franchise QB in Flacco that rarely gets injured, AND because he thinks Taylor deserves a legitimate shot at being a franchise QB.

September 13th, 2015.

Tyrod Taylor starts.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Ozzie didn't let Taylor go. Taylor let Taylor go. When a QB is a backup to a franchise QB, the GM has no say in the matter. All he can do is try to trade him after his 3rd season. The problem was since Flacco was never out, Taylor had no market value & was worth more keeping in his final year.

I'm all for Taylor winning the starting job, but if I had to change the title of this thread it would be
            50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 395 Days or Less Away From A starting Quarterback.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
              Rex and Roman already know who their starting quarterback is going to be.

I think it's a foregone conclusion.

Why? Because Ozzie Newsome would have replaced Tyrod Taylor with a better quarterback if he thought it was necessary.

There were plenty of Orton's, Sanchez's, and Fitzpatrick's out there to replace Taylor, but Newsome didn't do it.

Why not?

For 4 years in Baltimore, Tyrod Taylor was good enough to backup a Super Bowl winning quarterback in Joe Flacco.

I honestly think Ozzie Newsome let Tyrod Taylor go because he knew he had a franchise QB in Flacco that rarely gets injured, AND because he thinks Taylor deserves a legitimate shot at being a franchise QB.

September 13th, 2015.

Tyrod Taylor starts.
              LOL. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. IF Newsome thought he was an asset, he would have tried his hardest to hang on to him. They have had Kubiak, then Trestman as OC. They all thought Taylor wasn't cut out for playing #2.

Newsome, a good GM (something Bills fans haven't seen in a long time), let his rookie contract expire then let him walk. They upgraded by going out and getting Matt Schaub - which is who the Bills should have gotten.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Ozzie Newsome let Tryrod Taylor go out of respect for Tyrod Taylor.

He deserves a chance to be a franchise quarterback. He would never get that chance in Baltimore.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Ozzie is going to regret not placing the franchise tag on TT!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Ozzie Newsome let Tryrod Taylor go out of respect for Tyrod Taylor.

He deserves a chance to be a franchise quarterback. He would never get that chance in Baltimore.
                    Specify this as your opinion and not fact... 90% of negative comments will disappear

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                      Specify this as your opinion and not fact... 90% of negative comments will disappear
                      Everything on this board is opinion. Do I really need to clarify that?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Only if you don't want to open yourself up to some of the posters criticism.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          Only if you don't want to open yourself up to some of the posters criticism.
                          I like constructive criticism.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I like constructive criticism.
                            Personally, I see criticism, unless I am offering it, as a tool of the vile masses who refuse my offered enlightenment. Constructive ? Hah, I thought of that already, so trying to help me insults my intelligence unless it is in helping me carry something heavy or awkward, in which case I welcome proactive discourse to lessen my inconvenience.

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Bills football can't get here soon enough!

Now that the Women's World Cup is over (champions, baby!) and the US Men's Team completely bombed out in the Gold Cup, there's literally nothing good happening in the world of sports right now.

But at least Sergey Kovalev is fighting tonight! That'll ease the pain.

Come on training camp, start now now now.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X