PDA

View Full Version : 50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 30 Days or Less Away From A Starting Quarterback

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 03:09 PM
As of today, (July 25th) the Bills are 50 days away from the start of their run at Super Bowl 50 at home against the Colts.

HHURRICANE
07-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Apparently Kyle Williams said the D was told to be relentless in the spring. There is no front runner yet but Cassel's tough spring was a non issue based on what Rex was trying to do.

I think Cassel will be the starter.

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Apparently Kyle Williams said the D was told to be relentless in the spring. There is no front runner yet but Cassel's tough spring was a non issue based on what Rex was trying to do.

I think Cassel will be the starter.

That's Whaley's guy. He signed Cassel and gave up a 5th round pick for a 6th round pick this year, and a 7th rounder in 2016.

Cassel has a $4.75 million cap hit in 2015.

Tyrod Taylor is Rex's guy. He personally recruited Taylor and gave up nothing to sign him.

EJ Manuel looks like the odd man out, but he still has about 30 days to prove he's worth keeping.

If Cassel can't run Roman's offense, his dead cap hit is minimal if he gets cut. Doug Whaley would have to admit he made a bad trade and gave up way too much to sign Cassel.

swiper
07-25-2015, 03:53 PM
EJ Manuel is Whaley's guy. When he was forced down Doug Marrone's throat, he fought back. Then he walked out when he found out Whaley was gonna shove Manuel down his throat for a second year in a row.

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Rex and Roman already know who their starting quarterback is going to be.

I think it's a foregone conclusion.

Why? Because Ozzie Newsome would have replaced Tyrod Taylor with a better quarterback if he thought it was necessary.

There were plenty of Orton's, Sanchez's, and Fitzpatrick's out there to replace Taylor, but Newsome didn't do it.

Why not?

For 4 years in Baltimore, Tyrod Taylor was good enough to backup a Super Bowl winning quarterback in Joe Flacco.

I honestly think Ozzie Newsome let Tyrod Taylor go because he knew he had a franchise QB in Flacco that rarely gets injured, AND because he thinks Taylor deserves a legitimate shot at being a franchise QB.

September 13th, 2015.

Tyrod Taylor starts.

Albany,n.y.
07-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Ozzie didn't let Taylor go. Taylor let Taylor go. When a QB is a backup to a franchise QB, the GM has no say in the matter. All he can do is try to trade him after his 3rd season. The problem was since Flacco was never out, Taylor had no market value & was worth more keeping in his final year.

I'm all for Taylor winning the starting job, but if I had to change the title of this thread it would be
50 Days Away From The Home Opener, 395 Days or Less Away From A starting Quarterback.

swiper
07-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Rex and Roman already know who their starting quarterback is going to be.

I think it's a foregone conclusion.

Why? Because Ozzie Newsome would have replaced Tyrod Taylor with a better quarterback if he thought it was necessary.

There were plenty of Orton's, Sanchez's, and Fitzpatrick's out there to replace Taylor, but Newsome didn't do it.

Why not?

For 4 years in Baltimore, Tyrod Taylor was good enough to backup a Super Bowl winning quarterback in Joe Flacco.

I honestly think Ozzie Newsome let Tyrod Taylor go because he knew he had a franchise QB in Flacco that rarely gets injured, AND because he thinks Taylor deserves a legitimate shot at being a franchise QB.

September 13th, 2015.

Tyrod Taylor starts.

LOL. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. IF Newsome thought he was an asset, he would have tried his hardest to hang on to him. They have had Kubiak, then Trestman as OC. They all thought Taylor wasn't cut out for playing #2.

Newsome, a good GM (something Bills fans haven't seen in a long time), let his rookie contract expire then let him walk. They upgraded by going out and getting Matt Schaub - which is who the Bills should have gotten.

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Ozzie Newsome let Tryrod Taylor go out of respect for Tyrod Taylor.

He deserves a chance to be a franchise quarterback. He would never get that chance in Baltimore.

Novacane
07-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Ozzie is going to regret not placing the franchise tag on TT!

Yasgur's Farm
07-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Ozzie Newsome let Tryrod Taylor go out of respect for Tyrod Taylor.

He deserves a chance to be a franchise quarterback. He would never get that chance in Baltimore.Specify this as your opinion and not fact... 90% of negative comments will disappear

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Specify this as your opinion and not fact... 90% of negative comments will disappear

Everything on this board is opinion. Do I really need to clarify that?

Yasgur's Farm
07-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Only if you don't want to open yourself up to some of the posters criticism.

BillsImpossible
07-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Only if you don't want to open yourself up to some of the posters criticism.

I like constructive criticism.

Mace
07-25-2015, 06:04 PM
I like constructive criticism.

Personally, I see criticism, unless I am offering it, as a tool of the vile masses who refuse my offered enlightenment. Constructive ? Hah, I thought of that already, so trying to help me insults my intelligence unless it is in helping me carry something heavy or awkward, in which case I welcome proactive discourse to lessen my inconvenience.

JoeMama
07-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Bills football can't get here soon enough!

Now that the Women's World Cup is over (champions, baby!) and the US Men's Team completely bombed out in the Gold Cup, there's literally nothing good happening in the world of sports right now.

But at least Sergey Kovalev is fighting tonight! That'll ease the pain.

Come on training camp, start now now now.

better days
07-26-2015, 09:08 AM
That's Whaley's guy. He signed Cassel and gave up a 5th round pick for a 6th round pick this year, and a 7th rounder in 2016.

Cassel has a $4.75 million cap hit in 2015.

Tyrod Taylor is Rex's guy. He personally recruited Taylor and gave up nothing to sign him.

EJ Manuel looks like the odd man out, but he still has about 30 days to prove he's worth keeping.

If Cassel can't run Roman's offense, his dead cap hit is minimal if he gets cut. Doug Whaley would have to admit he made a bad trade and gave up way too much to sign Cassel.

If Cassel does not win the starting QB job, I think he could be cut.

His $4.75 mill could be carried over to next year when the Bills could use every penny to resign players the Bills want to keep.

And IMO, the trade for Brown was much worse than the trade for Cassel, even if Cassel gets cut.

BuffaloRedleg
07-26-2015, 09:26 AM
"starting"

Albany,n.y.
07-26-2015, 09:38 AM
LOL. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. IF Newsome thought he was an asset, he would have tried his hardest to hang on to him. They have had Kubiak, then Trestman as OC. They all thought Taylor wasn't cut out for playing #2.

Newsome, a good GM (something Bills fans haven't seen in a long time), let his rookie contract expire then let him walk. They upgraded by going out and getting Matt Schaub - which is who the Bills should have gotten.
Please. Don't say something is ridiculous & then come up with a ridiculous post yourself. Kubiak wanted to sign Taylor in Denver & offered him more than the Bills.
No GM can try his hardest to keep a backup QB going into his 2nd contract when he has a relatively young franchise QB. In the salary cap era it can't be done because the original team has a starter & the backup wants to try to land a starter's job. It's not the way the NFL works anymore. What a team tries to do is trade the backup before his contract runs out. The problem with Taylor was that since he had virtually no real game NFL experience, he didn't have any real market value to trade. The fact that Ozzie Newsome, who I consider the best GM in the NFL, decided that keeping Taylor in 2014 instead of getting a mid round pick for him was worth it, is a lot more indicative of what the Ravens think of Taylor than what you've theorized. Also-Have you seen Schaub play recently? He's a disaster & actually makes Cassel look good.

BillsImpossible
07-26-2015, 01:17 PM
....The fact that Ozzie Newsome, who I consider the best GM in the NFL, decided that keeping Taylor in 2014 instead of getting a mid round pick for him was worth it, is a lot more indicative of what the Ravens think of Taylor...

Spot on accurate. Rex tried to trade for him in 2012 or 2013, but Newsome declined.

I wonder how many draft picks Ozzie Newsome said no to in favor of keeping Tyrod Taylor?

If Newsome didn't think he was any good, he would have traded Taylor before his contract expired.

BillsImpossible
07-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Tryod Taylor's jersey number?

swiper
07-26-2015, 05:09 PM
EJ Manuel plays QB with the confidence of a scared little boy.

swiper
07-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Please. Don't say something is ridiculous & then come up with a ridiculous post yourself. Kubiak wanted to sign Taylor in Denver & offered him more than the Bills.
No GM can try his hardest to keep a backup QB going into his 2nd contract when he has a relatively young franchise QB. In the salary cap era it can't be done because the original team has a starter & the backup wants to try to land a starter's job. It's not the way the NFL works anymore. What a team tries to do is trade the backup before his contract runs out. The problem with Taylor was that since he had virtually no real game NFL experience, he didn't have any real market value to trade. The fact that Ozzie Newsome, who I consider the best GM in the NFL, decided that keeping Taylor in 2014 instead of getting a mid round pick for him was worth it, is a lot more indicative of what the Ravens think of Taylor than what you've theorized. Also-Have you seen Schaub play recently? He's a disaster & actually makes Cassel look good.

Please. That isn't right at all. Keep dreaming that the GM "let him go to try and get a starting job." Schaub is what he is. He had a bad year in Oakland. Lots of QBs have. Kubiak wanted Schaub. Try again.

It would be a little surprising that a team with legitimate playoff aspirations would hand him the keys to the starting offense, but Cassel and Manuel don’t exactly inspire a ton of confidence, either.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-tyrod-taylor-is-candidate-to-start-in-buffalo-20150630-story.html

Matt Schaub was one of, if not the, most sought after veteran QB this off-season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-expected-to-sign-quarterback-matt-schaub-sources-say-20150331-story.html

Any one who thinks Tryod Taylor is starter material is just plain stupid.

better days
07-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Please. That isn't right at all. Keep dreaming that the GM "let him go to try and get a starting job." Schaub is what he is. He had a bad year in Oakland. Lots of QBs have. Kubiak wanted Schaub. Try again.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-tyrod-taylor-is-candidate-to-start-in-buffalo-20150630-story.html

Matt Schaub was one of, if not the, most sought after veteran QB this off-season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-expected-to-sign-quarterback-matt-schaub-sources-say-20150331-story.html

Matt Schaub had a bad year in Texas before the bad year in Oakland.

So much so that the Texans unloaded him to the Raiders for only a 6th rnd pick.

And the QB that replaced Schaub in Texas was none other than Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it is not like the Texans got rid of Schaub because they had a better young QB they wanted to start.

The good news for the Ravens is that Flacco is an iron man that doesn't miss games.

Bill Cody
07-27-2015, 08:27 AM
There's a lot of tortured logic in this thread by folks trying to prove their agenda even if they really can't.

swiper
07-27-2015, 04:12 PM
There's a lot of tortured logic in this thread by folks trying to prove their agenda even if they really can't.

Mainly by folks believing that Tyrod Taylor is better that Matt Schaub.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2015, 07:32 AM

Who is stupid now?

SeatownBillsFan21
09-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Swiper looks stupid after week one no doubt.