PDA

View Full Version : WNSA BREAKING NEWS!!! Bills come to agreement with 2 picks and working with others..

Michael82
07-22-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm listening to Jim Brinson on WNSA and I just heard the Sports ticker. This is what they said....

Bills signed LB Mario Haggan, and have a verbal agreement with LB Angelo Crowell! They also said that the Bills are VERY close to signing DE Chris Kelsay and DB Terrence McGee. All players should be on the field by Thursday! :up:

As far as Willis McGahee, Tom Donahoe said that it will take a little more time to get a contract done for McGahee, but is confident that it will get done.

Jan Reimers
07-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Go TD!

LtBillsFan66
07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
What was everyone worried about?

:phew:

Aero II
07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
With the other reports, that woild make 3 done today.
:hail: TD

Novacane
07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
I'll breath easy when Willis is signed

Michael82
07-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'll breath easy when Willis is signed

Why? He doesnt even factor into this season. He wont be practicing. All he will be doing is watching and catching balls from the JUGs machine. I don't think they really NEED to have him signed at the beginning of camp. I wouldn't mind as long as its sometime next week. :D

Doc
07-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Willis will get signed eventually. It may not be by the start of camp or even in the first week after, but I doubt he'll sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year. I can't even think of the last time someone did that, and it would be very bad for Willis' future.

Novacane
07-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Why? He doesnt even factor into this season. He wont be practicing. All he will be doing is watching and catching balls from the JUGs machine. I don't think they really NEED to have him signed at the beginning of camp. I wouldn't mind as long as its sometime next week. :D

Because if this drags on I could see that a-hole Rosenhous saying the heck with it............willis will re-enter the draft next year. If he does not play FB this year he gets insurance money

ryven
07-22-2003, 01:00 PM
TD is cleaning up out there.

Michael82
07-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Because if this drags on I could see that a-hole Rosenhous saying the heck with it............willis will re-enter the draft next year. If he does not play FB this year he gets insurance money

Nope, then Rosenhaus would look like the biggest jackass ever! He promised to have McGahee signed and in the team's training camp while he was raving about McGahee. He told the bills that he will get him signed and will NOT holdout. He will really piss off TD and many other teams if he breaks his own promise.

Earthquake Enyart
07-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Kelsay is the one they need to get signed.

Michael82
07-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Kelsay is the one they need to get signed.

I totally agree!!! :up:

Novacane
07-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Nope, then Rosenhaus would look like the biggest jackass ever! .

What do you mean look like.......he already is one of the biggest jackass' ever

Voltron
07-22-2003, 01:48 PM

What do you mean look like.......he already is one of the biggest jackass' ever

I agree but he is respected for what he does for his clients. If he were to screw the Bills like that He would lose a lot of respect around the league.

ryven
07-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Does anyone have an update to whats going on? any other signed yet?

venis2k1
07-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Dont forget, this isnt the last(or first) time we have to deal with Rosenhaus, he is Travis Henrys agent(among others) on the bills roster.

TypicalBill
07-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Doc
I doubt he'll sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year. I can't even think of the last time someone did that, and it would be very bad for Willis' future.

can he do that? :eek: ... then re-enter next years draft and get top 10 money :(

Ð
07-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Why would any team draft a player that hasn't played for over a year and is coming off rehab for a catastrophic industry in the top 10 ? The Bills are in the driver's seat on this one...

SABURZFAN
07-23-2003, 12:35 AM
:up:

let's hope that TD gets everybody signed quickly.

Dozerdog
07-23-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm with Ð on this one.

1) Next season's draft is very deep- and deep at RB. If Maurice Clarrett declares (and he will) McGahee would be hard pressed to be a top 5 pick even if he was never injured.

2) He's hurt- that will scare clubs away from using a top 10

3) The added albatross of being a problem in negotiations will drop his value more.

He would have to score a huge contract just to make up what he would have made in this lost season of colecting a paycheck- call it the Peca syndrome. Did Peca ever really reclaim the 2.5 million he lost if he just would have signed w/ Buffalo in the first place?