PDA

View Full Version : G Chris Williams cut

The King
07-28-2015, 02:59 PM
According to a Rodak tweet. Chris Williams was cut due to a failed physical.

JoeMama
07-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Oh noez, there goes the season!

I'm excited about John Miller and Richie Incognito as our potential starting guards. That should be a solid L/R duo.

McCoy will probably tweet a thank you at some point.

YardRat
07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Cut or an injury settlement? Either way, it's not surprising.

elltrain22
07-28-2015, 04:01 PM
He probably got hurt when he found out they cut him

Ed
07-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Either way they save themselves about $2.5 mil in cap space this year and I believe another $2.5 mil or so next year. That can all be rolled together to help re-sign Dareus.

Victor7
07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
About time. That move was bad from day one. Dude was never healthy.

Mace
07-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Well, I'm glad they moved on from him in terms of "best for the team", but in terms of "best for the person" I hope his back can heal. Once upon a time, I'd see stuff like this and just be happy we moved on, now I see a relatively young person with chronic back issues trying to put on his shoes after popping a handful of pain pills and muscle relaxers.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Breaking News: Chris Williams is now standing in the doorway to One Bills Drive and refuses to let anyone enter until they resign him. Luckily, he has been unable to stop anyone from simply stepping around him.

Mace
07-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Breaking News: Chris Williams is now standing in the doorway to One Bills Drive and refuses to let anyone enter until they resign him. Luckily, he has been unable to stop anyone from simply stepping around him.

Good one, I admit.

jills
07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
LOL! homers were super excited when stupid Whaley signed him.

SpikedLemonade
07-28-2015, 05:34 PM

Regardless of the injury, this was one of Whaley's dumbest moves.

Whaley has an eye for LB talent but not for OL talent.

tomz
07-28-2015, 06:18 PM
I think this is about the Dareus deal. Needed a little more cap space.

Night Train
07-28-2015, 06:20 PM

Then Cassel is dead man walking.

Crisis
07-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Was a stupid move from day one. Guy was a scrub his entire career.

GingerP
07-29-2015, 06:25 AM
Since he failed his physical, I wonder if he files a greivance. If so, there will be a cap hold for half his number until the greivance is heard (probably not until next season). Usually, that results in some sort of settlement betweent the team and player where he is paid to go away, and that settlement amount will count toward the cap.

Or... he could revert to IR until an injury settlement is negotiated.

MillsapsBillsFan
07-29-2015, 10:15 AM

I don't think that has very much to do with it really, this has everything to do with them freeing up a roster spot and getting rid of an underachieving perpetually injured guard.

He wasn't in line for any meaningful playing time this year anyways.

Bill Cody
07-29-2015, 11:27 AM
when he didn't show for OTA's you could see this coming

better days
07-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm glad they moved on from him in terms of "best for the team", but in terms of "best for the person" I hope his back can heal. Once upon a time, I'd see stuff like this and just be happy we moved on, now I see a relatively young person with chronic back issues trying to put on his shoes after popping a handful of pain pills and muscle relaxers.

I agree, health is most important.

But he has plenty of money to ease the pain.

MANY people with no money suffer just the same.

better days
07-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Then Cassel is dead man walking.

I agree, unless Cassel separates himself & is named the starter, the Bills don't want or need to pay that kind of money to a backup.

CleveSteve
07-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Guess that 6% went to zero.

better days
07-29-2015, 12:15 PM

Pull up a single post where anyone sounded excited about the Chris Williams signing.

Just more BS from a TROLL.

JoeMama
07-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Phew, glad I'm off the hook as a potential "homer" who liked the Chris Williams signing.

I thought that dude was terrible.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/224882-Cordy-Glenn-passed-his-physical?p=3973875&viewfull=1#post3973875

SpikedLemonade
07-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Phew, glad I'm off the hook as a potential "homer" who liked the Chris Williams signing.

I thought that dude was terrible.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/224882-Cordy-Glenn-passed-his-physical?p=3973875&viewfull=1#post3973875

I see I was my usual brilliant self on post # 18:

Chris Williams did not practice last night due to a back injury.

Being thrown on your back all game will do that.

JoeMama
07-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I see I was my usual brilliant self on post # 18:

Chris Williams did not practice last night due to a back injury.

Being thrown on your back all game will do that.

Awesome +1

better days
07-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Like I said, not one single post that anyone was excited about the Chris Williams signing in that thread.

Just the rant of one of the IDIOT TROLLS on this board.

jills
07-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Funny, I remember an idiot homer making claims such as:

Marrone can Coach him up.

Williams started at LG last year for the Rams.The Rams gave up 36 sacks last year.4th fewest in the NFC & 8th fewest in the entire NFL.He is expected to compete for the starting LG spot in Buffalo.Maybe he is not as bad as people have been saying.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

better days
07-29-2015, 07:16 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

OK, let's see the ACTUAL post of that.

I KNOW I did not say that because I have ALWAYS had a VERY LOW OPINION of Marrone Myself!

better days
07-29-2015, 07:35 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

And if as you said. HOMERS were excited about the Chris Williams signing, you should be able to come up with one REAL post that proves that with no problem.

Instead, you post more FAKE BS, TYPICAL TROLL.

And EVEN in your FAKE post, it does not sound like real excitement about the signing of Chris Williams.

More like MAYBE this guy can be DECENT.

BertSquirtgum
07-29-2015, 08:55 PM

Name them.

JoeMama
07-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Name them.

Yeah I can't recall too many Bills fans that hyped CW.

The consensus was more like, "Hey, it can't hurt to give a former 1st rounder a look. He's a low cost signing with potential upside", but that's about it. And a handful of posters who were like, "He's awful and not worth a roster spot".

I seriously can't recall anyone being "super excited".

That's a bogus claim unless someone can dig through the archives and find these mysterious CW homers. I know plenty of homers on this site but I sure as hell can't remember any of them saying CW would be some kind of awesome player for us.

So I'm giving the so-called homers a pass until I'm shown otherwise.

jills
08-01-2015, 09:23 PM
OK, let's see the ACTUAL post of that.

I KNOW I did not say that because I have ALWAYS had a VERY LOW OPINION of Marrone Myself!

Are you calling me a liar?

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/homer-1395332.png

better days
08-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Are you calling me a liar?

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/homer-1395332.png

And those two posts equate to EXCITED to you? LMAO.

And Chris Williams did win the starting LG job & played the best there of any Bills player while he was healthy last year.

jills
08-02-2015, 12:18 PM
And those two posts equate to EXCITED to you? LMAO.

And Chris Williams did win the starting LG job & played the best there of any Bills player while he was healthy last year.

Williams started at LG last year for the Rams.

The Rams gave up 36 sacks last year.

4th fewest in the NFC & 8th fewest in the entire NFL.

He is expected to compete for the starting LG spot in Buffalo.

Maybe he is not as bad as people have been saying.

LMAO!!!! Pretty sound logic right there homer.

He played 3 games like utter crap and was graded negatively in both (passing game/running game) by PFF, only 5 starting G graded worse than him. On top of that, got replaced by Urbik who graded way better than this POS.

Do you have any more BS to be debunked?

Please, do yourself a favor and stop making an *** out of yourself, it's really embarrassing to be honest.

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Sooooo. One homer. Not homers, correct? Do you care to stop making an ass out of yourself as well?

better days
08-02-2015, 09:24 PM
LMAO!!!! Pretty sound logic right there homer.

He played 3 games like utter crap and was graded negatively in both (passing game/running game) by PFF, only 5 starting G graded worse than him. On top of that, got replaced by Urbik who graded way better than this POS.

Do you have any more BS to be debunked?

Please, do yourself a favor and stop making an *** out of yourself, it's really embarrassing to be honest.

Again there was NO EXCITEMENT in any post by me about Chris Williams.

And Chris Williams played better than the CRAP that replaced him except maybe Urbick from game 9 on.