PDA

View Full Version : Gosdar Cherilus Visitimg Bills today

whkfc
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosder_Cherilus

And has signed according to his wiki page. I kmow its not reliable in the least just thought id share.

SpikedLemonade
07-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Assuming he comes very cheap, it will be all about his health.

He was once very very good.

JoeMama
07-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Yaaaaaas. Worth a look. Dude was killer when healthy.

Ed
07-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I already like him better than Wayne Hunter and Chris Williams.

sukie
07-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Not familiar with him

Skooby
07-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Where do the parents come up with these names ?

The last buffalo fan
07-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Where do the parents come up with these names ?

Welcome to America, beotch!!

IlluminatusUIUC
07-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Not familiar with him

Former 1st round pick of the Lions, got a decent RT contract from the Colts but got cut after two years. 100 starts so far, would be a decent pick up imo

sudzy
07-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Wasn't he the Demigod from Ghostbusters?

swiper
07-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Outside the of the obvious "who t. f. is this guy?" question - I still don't get it Whaley. If the tackle position was a question mark to you, so much so that you are looking at guys like this and Battle - why, t. f., didn't you use a throw-away 7th round pick and take La'el Collins, who is going to be a far better pro that either one of those guys? That is a GM failing.

SpikedLemonade
07-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Not drafting La'el Collins was a big mistake.

The truth is that the Bills have been unable to properly evaluate OL talent for a couple of decades now.

I appreciate that options at QB have been very limited over the past decade, but the neglect of the OL over that same time period has been completely incompetent.

AND whoever wants to mention Incognito in response to this post right now can shove him up their old WNY deserting Florida ass.

Mace
07-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Not familiar with him

Decent talent once, ran into chronic injury issues, offseason knee surgery. 70th ranked blocker of 84 qualifying tackles last season per Pro Football Focus. That the line needy Colts booted him already is not a good sign. Even with no legs he's head and shoulders (haha) above Wayne Hunter and 2 feet behind (hoho) a generic UDFA tackle who is at least healthy.

The song they sing is that he has experience, and had upside once before injuries, but I don't know what value that has if he goes down again after a game and a half.

I don't really see the point of them plumbing the depths of linemen even as backups or insurance when they have young ones with potential and it's a run blocking offense, unless they're looking for mentors or teachers, in which case they may as well hire Anthony Munoz as a consultant/special assistant.

Clearly has the coolest name of those available however, which will gain points with Rex.

YardRat
07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Worth a peek.

better days
07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
He left Buffalo without a contract according to profootballtalk.

HHURRICANE
07-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Not drafting La'el Collins was a big mistake.

The truth is that the Bills have been unable to properly evaluate OL talent for a couple of decades now.

I appreciate that options at QB have been very limited over the past decade, but the neglect of the OL over that same time period has been completely incompetent.

AND whoever wants to mention Incognito in response to this post right now can shove him up their old WNY deserting Florida ass.

I guess all 32 GMs in the league must suck. If we drafted this guy and he got brought up on murder charges this board would be crucifying Whaley. Sorry but he's a good GM for not taking this guy.

Uncle Jesse
07-30-2015, 08:08 AM
He hasn't signed, he headed to Detroit for a visit.

IlluminatusUIUC
07-30-2015, 09:46 AM
I guess all 32 GMs in the league must suck. If we drafted this guy and he got brought up on murder charges this board would be crucifying Whaley. Sorry but he's a good GM for not taking this guy.

The very first thing they did after the draft was over was send Rex Ryan to Louisiana to try to put the moves on Collins. If they thought Collins was worth a max UDFA deal, he was clearly worth the 7th rounder we used on Dezmin Lewis.

All that happened is Collins' agent bluffed that he would sit out the season if drafted late and all the GMs (Whaley included) bought it.

OpIv37
07-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Yeah well, if Whaley's so great, we'd have better tackles and wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, he loaded up on RB's with no OL to block for them and WR's with no QB to throw to them.

EricStratton
07-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Didn't Collins agent make it known that if he was drafted later he wouldn't sign which would allow him to re-enter the draft next year?

IlluminatusUIUC
07-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Didn't Collins agent make it known that if he was drafted later he wouldn't sign which would allow him to re-enter the draft next year?

Yes, but it was a bluff and the agent admitted as much after he signed with Dallas.

better days
07-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah well, if Whaley's so great, we'd have better tackles and wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, he loaded up on RB's with no OL to block for them and WR's with no QB to throw to them.

You can only draft or sign as a FA players that are available to the team.

You seem to think the real world is like Madden football where you can get any player you want.

The real world does not work that way.

swiper
07-30-2015, 11:11 AM
I guess all 32 GMs in the league must suck.

No. Not all 32 teams had needs at tackle like the Bills did apparently. Whaley is acting desperate now.

If we drafted this guy and he got brought up on murder charges this board would be crucifying Whaley. Sorry but he's a good GM for not taking this guy.

He was NEVER brought up on murder charges.

Whaley failed and is NOT a good GM.

Wake up and find a clue.

MillsapsBillsFan
07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Yes, but it was a bluff and the agent admitted as much after he signed with Dallas.

Do you have a link for that? Im not saying you're lying, but I genuinely didnt hear about the agent saying it was a bluff.

I do agree though, seems like he would have been worth the 7th. Most 7th rounders dont even make the team so if something would have happened it wouldnt have mattered

Mace
07-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, before anyone gets too upset or excited about the tackle issue, it's notable they're looking at vet backup/insurance type guys not day one starters. Granted, if Cherilus was fully healthy and on top of his game he's starter material, but if he was, the Colts wouldn't have released him so early.

I'd guess the reason they haven't kicked the tires on Jake Long is because he figures if healthy he's starter material, and Cherilus left to shop himself to see if he can get a starter bite also. Wayne Hunter probably came fast and cheap because he had no illusions.

OpIv37
07-30-2015, 06:59 PM
You can only draft or sign as a FA players that are available to the team.

You seem to think the real world is like Madden football where you can get any player you want.

The real world does not work that way.
Your response didn't address my post at all.

I never said that we will have star players at every position and I've admitted in the past that there weren't any good QB op options this year. But when the QB is questionable, the smart play is to protect him with an OL that can establish a running game. Instead, we went nuts on skill positions.