PDA

View Full Version : Camp QB Tracking

DesertFox24
07-31-2015, 10:23 AM
So apparently today Cassal was 5-7 with an INT, Tyrod was 3-5 with a TD and a sack, and EJ was 0-3 with 2 sacks.

justasportsfan
07-31-2015, 10:51 AM
So apparently today Cassal was 5-7 with an INT, Tyrod was 3-5 with a TD and a sack, and EJ was 0-3 with 2 sacks.

it's all settled then . Simms is our QB when season starts!

swiper
07-31-2015, 10:56 AM
New QBs. New team. New coaches. New position players. Camp just started. Gotta see how it goes. For each of them.

swiper
07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
The Cassel pick was apparently made by our top draft pick from this year.

(+1) for Darby making a good first impression.

JoeMama
07-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Talk about coming out strong straight outta the gate...

Yeesh.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Sal from Rochester Democrat said that he's never seen a 4th string QB get so many reps....

NOT Joking...

That tells you how good our QBs are looking...

I booked my flight from Atlanta. I think I have a shot!!

ICRockets
07-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Go to the Bills website to check out the TD from Tyrod to Goodwin. He rolls out of the pocket and throws a deep one to a wide open crossing Goodwin in the endzone. Great throw by TT...no wasted motion.

DesertFox24
07-31-2015, 01:59 PM
I am in no way saying one way or the other how it is going to go. Bottom line we have a top 3 defense so it will help, but in order for us to be a super bowl contender we need top 14 to 18 QB play this year.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Go to the Bills website to check out the TD from Tyrod to Goodwin. He rolls out of the pocket and throws a deep one to a wide open crossing Goodwin in the endzone. Great throw by TT...no wasted motion.

Uhhh...that was a terrible throwing motion. Truthfully Cassel's pick looked better.

This is excatly what I'm afraid of with Tyrod...a guy frantically running around wildly heaving balls. He's a cooler version of JP Losman.

HHURRICANE
07-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Read the tweets from practice:

EJ looked awful, Cassel missed throws, and Tyrod missed throws.

Not good.

Yasgur's Farm
07-31-2015, 02:20 PM
Sal from Rochester Democrat said that he's never seen a 4th string QB get so many reps....

NOT Joking...

That tells you how good our QBs are looking...

I booked my flight from Atlanta. I think I have a shot!!Why the hell would they give the 4t QB so many reps when there's a 3 way battle for starter going on? Those 3 should be getting everything.

ICRockets
07-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Uhhh...that was a terrible throwing motion. Truthfully Cassel's pick looked better.

This is excatly what I'm afraid of with Tyrod...a guy frantically running around wildly heaving balls. He's a cooler version of JP Losman.

You prefer it when they tap the ball 900 times before making the throw?

TacklingDummy
07-31-2015, 02:44 PM
And here will be the main reason the Bills finish anywhere from 5-11 to 8-8.

This is a Playoff team with a real QB.

swiper
07-31-2015, 02:58 PM
LOL.. This just posted on TWITTER:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/417671684/Photo_56_normal.jpgJohn Wawrow ✔ @john_wawrow (https://twitter.com/john_wawrow)

Based on my first impressions of EJ at #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) camp opener, he's making many of the same mistakes he did at his first camp. ...

LOL.

Meathead
07-31-2015, 03:26 PM
cancel the season

DraftBoy
07-31-2015, 04:35 PM

There was nothing wrong with the throwing motion on that play. His arm slot was a little lower than over the top but the motion itself was fine and he got plenty of flight on the ball. What's the most impressive part of the throw is that he rolled left despite being right handed and had the arm strength to get the ball there in coverage.

swiper
07-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Why the hell would they give the 4t QB so many reps when there's a 3 way battle for starter going on? Those 3 should be getting everything.

Well Simms is a lot better than any of you realize.

All you fools keep drooling over the fact that Rex tried to trade for Tierod when with the Jets. He saw Simms capabilities up close. I was a fan of McElroy. Simms may end up being better than him. Either way Tierod is fool's gold and EJ Manuel is failure in plain sight for whoever is smart enough to acknowledge it.

swiper
07-31-2015, 04:53 PM
You prefer it when they tap the ball 900 times before making the throw?

Tom says that lets some air out and softens the leather for his supple, well-moisturized hands.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2015, 07:37 AM
There was nothing wrong with the throwing motion on that play. His arm slot was a little lower than over the top but the motion itself was fine and he got plenty of flight on the ball. What's the most impressive part of the throw is that he rolled left despite being right handed and had the arm strength to get the ball there in coverage.

Go to BB.com and watch the highlight video. Per Chris Brown that TD would have been a sack.

swiper
08-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Go to BB.com and watch the highlight video. Per Chris Brown that TD would have been a sack.

If that's really the case, then that will show itself when Taylor gets live game reps in preseason.

sudzy
08-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Sounds like they need to practice their handing off motion. That's the only chance the Bills have.

better days
08-01-2015, 08:59 AM

All you fools keep drooling over the fact that Rex tried to trade for Tierod when with the Jets. He saw Simms capabilities up close. I was a fan of McElroy. Simms may end up being better than him. Either way Tierod is fool's gold and EJ Manuel is failure in plain sight for whoever is smart enough to acknowledge it.

I agree about Simms. He has the arm to play in Buffalo & the rest of the AFC East Conference.

He needs to get some experience, but it would not surprise me to see him make the team.

swiper
08-01-2015, 09:10 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/06/04/matt-simms-quarterback-buffalo-bills/28490535/

DraftBoy
08-01-2015, 09:15 AM

I watched it, and I saw what Brown said. Whether it would of been a sack or not is not germane. You commented about the throwing motion being poor which I disagree with. The motion was fine and the arm strength was nice to see.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm excited to see what Simms can do in live action. I'm just afraid he's going to see so few reps he won't have a real opportunity to showcase himself.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Well this is encouraging

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/627498775683182592

Mike Rodak @MikeRodak
I'm not sure that Manuel and Matt Cassel could look worse than they just did. No INTs, but partly because they were so inaccurate. 1 for 8.

better days
08-01-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm excited to see what Simms can do in live action. I'm just afraid he's going to see so few reps he won't have a real opportunity to showcase himself.

The way Roman runs TC practice with simultaneous action of two offenses going at the same time, I think there will be plenty of reps for all 4 QB's in camp.

sudzy
08-01-2015, 10:25 AM
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Vic Carucci ‏<s>@</s>viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci) <small class="time"> 57m57 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/627502038511955969) </small> For the 2nd day in a row, Tyrod Taylor had the best throw of <s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) Camp practice. This one was a long TD to Caleb Holley.
33 retweets 29 favorites

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

swiper
08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Great. Now we're focusing in on a single throw a day looking for a glimmer of hope.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
After two days it appears that Cassel and EJ are getting most of first team reps.

IMO these coaches are smart enough to know what the pecking order should look like.

I'm going on record that Tyrod is third string or cut when season starts barring injury.

sudzy
08-01-2015, 01:37 PM
IMO these coaches are smart enough to know what the pecking order should look like.

Let's pencil in the order now:
1st string : Old recycled CRAP
2nd string: Confused inaccurate CRAP
3rd string: Run around like a chicken with his head cut off CRAP

ublinkwescore
08-01-2015, 01:58 PM
So Tyrod Taylor is fools gold?

They said that about mario, and voila - the dude's a sack machine - at his position, which should make Tyrod Taylor a touchdown machine !!! CHAMPIONSHIP BABY THE GHOSTS OF SUPERBOWLS PAST ARE ABOUT TO BE EXORCISED!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just not this year :(

kishoph
08-01-2015, 02:56 PM
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Vic Carucci ‏<s>@</s>viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci) <small class="time"> 57m57 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/627502038511955969) </small> For the 2nd day in a row, Tyrod Taylor had the best throw of <s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) Camp practice. This one was a long TD to Caleb Holley.
33 retweets 29 favorites

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The throw came on a 1 on 1 drill, although I guess the good news is Taylor didn't pull it down and run with it.

swiper
08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
So Tyrod Taylor is fools gold?

They said that about mario, and voila - the dude's a sack machine - at his position, which should make Tyrod Taylor a touchdown machine !!!

I never called MW fool's gold. That was some other poser. Anyone who has hopes that Tyrod Taylor does anything is wishing on a star that's gonna fizzle.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Cassel to stick with the 1's. Manuel and Taylor will rotate in along with the 2's and 3's.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 18s seconds ago
Rex says that Matt Cassel will stick with 1s in 11-on-11s because he is older. Taylor and Manuel will rotate between 1s and 2s/3s.

Seems like a clear indication that Cassel leads the competition.

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 12:31 PM

33 retweets 29 favorites

If playing QB was just about "nice throws".

sudzy
08-02-2015, 05:33 PM
If playing QB was just about "nice throws".

It's obviously not about nice throws in Buffalo.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-02-2015, 06:45 PM
How our OL handling our DL? Those guys opening holes for McCoy is what will make or break this season.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 06:47 PM
How our OL handling our DL? Those guys opening holes for McCoy is what will make or break this season.

Today most people said the run blocking looks good, but the pass blocking has been really bad.

better days
08-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Today most people said the run blocking looks good, but the pass blocking has been really bad.

There are not too many defenses the Bills OL will face that can compare to this Bills DL.

Too bad two of those DL's that can compare are in the AFC East, the Fins & Jets.

Night Train
08-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Cassel to stick with the 1's. Manuel and Taylor will rotate in along with the 2's and 3's.

Seems like a clear indication that Cassel leads the competition.

It's probably by default, unfortunately.

I agree Simms should get a fair shot. The original plan was to spread reps out over both pratice fields so no one was shorted, including Simms. If he's the only QB with a good arm, then give him equal reps. The rest of the roster is deep and this QB issue needs to find a clear answer, if possible.

trapezeus
08-03-2015, 10:47 AM
the whole thing seems sad. they all must feel like they are light years better than the other guys, yet no one has come out to distinguish themselves from the group. That's telling.

Cassel - tobe the QB we need, if he's the starter, needs to look very stable and accurate right now. limited big play ability, but confidence that he just gets it. and that you know what you have in him. from the reports, it does not seem like that's where he's at. that's annoying

EJ - to be the qb we need, he needs to get pencilled in with the starters and take the reigns. he hasn't done it. reports make it seem like he's literally no different than the day we got him. as a result, he hasn't earned more time and he isn't showing any reason to believe in him. this puts the org in a difficult spot as we really don't have any upside in qb. the best we can have is cassel, someone who isn't doing steady steering of the ship.

Tyrod - at this point from the reviews, he looks mostly gadgety. some plays here and there that make you happy that he can do big things, but he isn't showing the command that he can start. he doesn't look like someone who got stuck behind a franchise QB. he looks like a back up. someone who when push comes to shove, can keep your team at .500. That's not enough to be the starter.

DesertFox24
08-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I would rather EJ throw picks then make late decisions, it is so frustrating that he is still be tentative. Guy is a good guy and I was hoping he would become a top 16 QB but that will never happen.