PDA

View Full Version : Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia)

Matt Simms is having a better day than EJ Manuel thus far. #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia)

EJ Manuel is not having a banner practice this morning. He's off. #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

Vic Carucci ✔ @viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci)

EJ Manuel's first pass in team period badly underthrown for Chris Gragg. #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)

EJ Manuel holds the ball on his first pass in 11-on-11s with first team. Would-be sack. Crowd groans. Then overthrows Hogan next play.

Vic Carucci ✔ @viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci)

EJ Manuel's ball-handling issues continue. Just dropped a shotgun snap. Fumbled 2 snaps on Day 1. #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

Tyler Dunne ✔ @TyDunne (https://twitter.com/TyDunne)

An EJ Manuel misfire vs. Air. Local chimes in, "Come on EJ, get it together."

Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak (https://twitter.com/mikerodak)

Better showing from QBs today in routes vs. air but a pair of overthrows by EJ Manuel on deep balls. Andre Reed instructing him to arc ball.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports (https://twitter.com/SalSports)

It is three days in a row for first-team reps for Matt Cassel. It's him and Tyrod today. At least in this team O session. Interesting.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports (https://twitter.com/SalSports)

So, unless something changes in next few minutes, looks like EJ got 1 day with 1st unit. Normal rotation would suggest he gets 2 days in row

After 3 days of practice, EJ continues to be EJ. Now he's getting his reps cut, spending less time with the first team offense.

I think it's safe to say that the Bills quarterback competition is now between Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Noticed you selectively removed the tweets regarding EJ's TD pass to Gragg. At least attempt to present a fair argument.

Meathead
08-02-2015, 10:27 AM
cancel the season

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Noticed you selectively removed the tweets regarding EJ's TD pass to Gragg. At least attempt to present a fair argument.

I'm talking about his entire body of work today, not one nice pass.

EJ has already been demoted. If the, "rotation," held true, he would have spent the majority of the day with the first team.

That was not the case, as Sal Capaccio pointed out.

Cassel and Taylor got the majority of first team reps this morning, even though the rotation said it was EJ's turn to play with the 1's.

notacon
08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
"Day 3: EJ Manuel Has Another Bad Practice At Training Camp"

So what?

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:46 AM
I'm talking about his entire body of work today, not one nice pass.

EJ has already been demoted. If the, "rotation," held true, he would have spent the majority of the day with the first team.

That was not the case, as Sal Capaccio pointed out.

Cassel and Taylor got the majority of first team reps this morning, even though the rotation said it was EJ's turn to play with the 1's.

I'm not saying he had a good day, I'm saying you're intentionally leaving things out.

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm not saying he had a good day, I'm saying you're intentionally leaving things out.

Everyone wants to see progress in EJ Manuel. Unfortunately, that is not happening. If he was showing any signs of progress, I would be the first to post about it!

After 3 days of training camp, he's been bad. So bad that Matt Simms is getting more reps any 4th string quarterback should ever see.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Everyone wants to see progress in EJ Manuel. Unfortunately, that is not happening. If he was showing any signs of progress, I would be the first to post about it!

After 3 days of training camp, he's been bad. So bad that Matt Simms is getting more reps any 4th string quarterback should ever see.

Once again I'm not saying Manuel is going well or progressing at all. I'm saying you're leaving things out on purpose to fit your own personal agenda.

swiper
08-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Manuel's terrible, but it's only day #3. New coaches. New players. New scheme.

He's playing one of the hardest positions in all of sports. They all look bad for a reason. It's only day #3.

And you posted TWEETS (or parts of TWEETS) that were already posted.

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Once again I'm not saying Manuel is going well or progressing at all. I'm saying you're leaving things out on purpose to fit your own personal agenda.

My own personal agenda? Huh?

What am I supposed to do? Say that EJ Manuel had 1 really nice throw today, but he sucked too?

Manuel is going to get cut and Matt Simms is going to be the Bills 3rd QB.

Sorry to be so blunt, but all of my hope for EJ Manuel is gone after 3 days of training camp.

A 7 yard pass to Chris Gragg isn't relevant to the conversation.

JoeMama
08-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Defense is usually a step ahead of the offense this time of year. And in our case, with the talent on our defense, probably many steps ahead of the offense.

Still, very discouraging reports on EJ.

I want to see improvement. There's plenty of reps to be had. I hope he can pick up steam, but it's gonna be a long uphill climb.

We need a competent QB in the worst way. I'd hate to see the rest of the talent on this team go to waste because of one position.

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Manuel's terrible, but it's only day #3. New coaches. New players. New scheme.

New coaches, new players, new scheme.

For Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel, and Matt Simms, yes.

For EJ Manuel? Not exactly, he should have the advantage over every other QB because he has played with Watkins, Wood, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Gragg, Jackson, Brown, Dixon, Henderson, Glenn, Richardson, and a lot of other players on offense.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 11:51 AM
My own personal agenda? Huh?

What am I supposed to do? Say that EJ Manuel had 1 really nice throw today, but he sucked too?

Manuel is going to get cut and Matt Simms is going to be the Bills 3rd QB.

Sorry to be so blunt, but all of my hope for EJ Manuel is gone after 3 days of training camp.

A 7 yard pass to Chris Gragg isn't relevant to the conversation.

The truth would be a good start.

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 12:02 PM

For EJ Manuel? Not exactly, he should have the advantage over every other QB because he has played with Watkins, Wood, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, Gragg, Jackson, Brown, Dixon, Henderson, Glenn, Richardson, and a lot of other players on offense.

He also has the most pressure on him of the guys to perform and maybe it's in his head. Sad he hasn't stepped up yet but I'm holding off judgement until we see these guys in game situations.

Skooby
08-02-2015, 12:12 PM
For all those that missed last years pre-season games, EJ was straight-up awful when he played. Then the regular season began and it became abundently clear after 1 month of ineptness that the team needed to move on. Maybe you guys like EJ or whatever but we need to fill his space with someone that might actually play back-up QB for us.

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 12:23 PM
For all those that missed last years pre-season games, EJ was straight-up awful when he played. Then the regular season began and it became abundently clear after 1 month of ineptness that the team needed to move on. Maybe you guys like EJ or whatever but we need to fill his space with someone that might actually play back-up QB for us.

Yet at the same time I don't want to hear that Tyrod is better than EJ because he is reminiscent of Mike Vick. As to me Mike Vick is not a good NFL QB.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 12:23 PM
cancel the season

I told you Cassel is the starter Mr 1000%!

jills
08-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Why am I not surprised?

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 12:28 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]
After 3 days of practice, EJ continues to be EJ. Now he's getting his reps cut, spending less time with the first team offense.

I think it's safe to say that the Bills quarterback competition is now between Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor.

Think this sums it up nicely.

Mr. Pink
08-02-2015, 12:28 PM
EJ Manuel is bad? Say it ain't so!

No one has figured this out by now? Seriously?

BillsImpossible
08-02-2015, 12:29 PM
The truth would be a good start.

Please enlighten us to the truth about EJ Manuel.

I'm not in denial. I supported him! Next to betterdays and Meathead, I was third in the EJ Manuel fan line.

Betterdays, what do you think? Is EJ done, or should we continue to wait for a miracle?

YardRat
08-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Defense is usually a step ahead of the offense this time of year. And in our case, with the talent on our defense, probably many steps ahead of the offense.

The offense should be at least a couple of steps ahead of 'air', though. Maybe even three.

swiper
08-02-2015, 01:10 PM

You really don't understand anything about football. Those players are running different routes, plays, cadence.

No one hates Manuel more than I do. But my goodness. You sound foolish and whiny.

stuckincincy
08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
What does it matter?

All the concessions the NFLPA has extracted from the NFL has turned training camp into little more than a Tai-Chi session in pads and spikes... :sigh:

casdhf
08-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Please enlighten us to the truth about EJ Manuel.

I'm not in denial. I supported him! Next to betterdays and Meathead, I was third in the EJ Manuel fan line.

Betterdays, what do you think? Is EJ done, or should we continue to wait for a miracle?
God this post is an idiot. How about: "other than a nice TD pass, EJ was terrible."

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Go tie rod! Steer the team!

- - - Updated - - -

You can't circle a wagon without a tie rod!

sudzy
08-02-2015, 04:54 PM
I told you Cassel is the starter Mr 1000%!

I believe that was 1,000,000,000%.

And Meathead might want to re-think those odds.

sudzy
08-02-2015, 05:06 PM

So, for fair and balanced reporting, EJ throws TD pass. In other news, blind squirrel finds nut. Film at 11.

swiper
08-02-2015, 05:12 PM
So, for fair and balanced reporting, EJ throws TD pass. In other news, blind squirrel finds nut. Film at 11.

Right. I guess we're supposed to get that Gragg is our #1 TE now because of that play too.

sudzy
08-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Right. I guess we're supposed to get that Gragg is our #1 TE now because of that play too.

Inform the Dolphins that we have rescinded our offer for Clay. He can go back to them now.

better days
08-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Joe Buscaglia said of day 2, "Manuel average, Cassel struggles"

"On the 2nd day of practice, EJ Manuel got his turn with the first-team offense and had a blatantly average session."

"The good part for Manuel, though is that average was good enough to put him ahead of the player that took Fridays first team snaps: Matt Cassel."

"Cassel, quite honestly, has been a very big disappointment two days into camp."

From Video I have watched, EJ throws the prettiest long ball & threw TD's to Gragg, Woods & Hogan that I saw on Video.

I would say Tyrod throws the 2nd best deep ball & Cassel is third in that dept.

But Cassel throws the best short/intermediate ball of the three from what I read.

I think it is way too early to call as Rex has said.

I can't wait for that first Preseason game.

WagonCircler
08-02-2015, 10:14 PM
No one hates Manuel more than I do..

I beg to differ.

better days
08-02-2015, 10:16 PM
I beg to differ.

Why the HATE for EJ?

Meathead
08-02-2015, 10:18 PM
i was being sarcastic

yeah it would be great if ej looked good right out of the chute but honestly we should all know by now it would mean literally nothing anyway. he could be lighting up the rochester sky with blazing football laser rockets and it wouldnt mean ѕhit. so looking average/bad means the same as well - nothing

can we at least wait until a couple preseason games are over before we start handing out the cyanide capsules

WagonCircler
08-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Why the HATE for EJ?

I don't hate EJ. I just know a horrible, unfixable, fatally flawed, worthless Quarterback when I see one. I called Todd Collins on draft day, Vince Young on day one, Kelly Holcomb instantly and was the Grand Marshall of the Trent Edwards ****** BLOWS parade. There's a litany of others. When you've been a Bills fan your whole life, you become an authority on bad QBs. You can spot them quicker than a methane leak.

I think EJ is a very nice kid, and I don't say that about many NFL players. I just HATE his game. He suffers from fatal, incurable inaccuracy. He was born without that particular instrument in his tool bag, and you can't acquire that gift. You can move the needle a tiny bit, but you cannot overcome that deficiency at the NFL level. EJ has the exact same mechanics problems that he had at FSU and in high school, and he struggles so mightily with those problems, as well as his hand eye coordination and likely depth perception, that it has and always will hinder him from being able to read and react appropriately to complex or even rudimentary Defensive schemes.

Furthermore, the pick that we wasted on him has metastasized in the form of Whaley's ego and stubbornness, resulting in his refusal to even draft a single QB, long after it was clear that EJ was a bust. His ineptness and lack of ability have held this team back.

In short, nice kid, terrible ****ing Quarterback.

Hope this was helpful.

Ginger Vitis
08-03-2015, 05:50 AM
No one hates Manuel more than I do.

And in your screwed up warped mind if other posters on this site don't spend hours a day on this site bashing Manuel like you do you accuse us of liking him or thinking he has potential.. Get a life

trapezeus
08-03-2015, 07:43 AM
i think its seeming more like cassel will be the starter. and i just don't think that's good for long term hopes of winning a superbowl.

If EJ doesn't have it, he doesn't hvae it. but hvaing a guy at his ceiling barely able to fend off a younger guy who isn't getting it, is not inspiring.

and no one will pay the price with losing their job by missing on EJ.

That's the bills tradition.

better days
08-03-2015, 10:17 AM
i think its seeming more like cassel will be the starter. and i just don't think that's good for long term hopes of winning a superbowl.

If EJ doesn't have it, he doesn't hvae it. but hvaing a guy at his ceiling barely able to fend off a younger guy who isn't getting it, is not inspiring.

and no one will pay the price with losing their job by missing on EJ.

That's the bills tradition.

Nix was GM when EJ was drafted.

But let's say Whaley played a big role in that.

You would seriously want him fired because EJ didn't pan out?

I don't see who you could get that is any better than Whaley.

Maybe you would prefer John Idzik?

trapezeus
08-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Nix was GM when EJ was drafted.

But let's say Whaley played a big role in that.

You would seriously want him fired because EJ didn't pan out?

I don't see who you could get that is any better than Whaley.

Maybe you would prefer John Idzik?

it's becoming clear that whaley knows defense and he doesn't have much grasp on offense. and he doesn't need to be fired just as of yet. but he took a lot of credit when he picked EJ. He said his career was linked to the success of EJ. and EJ has a low bar to pass to be starter. we all want him to get it because it will mean our QB situation was solved at a time our defense was great. But it looks less likely that it's going to happen.

since whaley has had some success, unlike other GM's, perhaps a serious reevaluation of offensive scouting starts. perhaps roman gets more input during the draft this year.

and i love how every failure is linked to the guy who left the building and all successes given to the guys in the building.

TacklingDummy
08-03-2015, 10:38 AM
The good news, the Bills defense is good enough so that they won't lose less than 10 games.

Meathead
08-03-2015, 11:13 AM
nothing is becoming clear yet. not even close

i realize we have nothing else to talk about but really we wont know anything until after the second preseason game at the very earliest. and even then its almost a complete illusion anyway

they have no choice but to make a decision on the qb starter based on the fake games but its a very poor way to evaluate. game planning and opponent preparation makes all the difference, as we see every season after joe nobody looks great in fake games but blows when the bullets are real, and vice versa

i still think ej is the logical choice to be given the first shot at it, but any of the three could end up starting game one. if its not ej i hope its tyrod. cassel just isnt good and is best as an insurance policy in case the other two actually are hot garbage

Raptor
08-03-2015, 11:21 AM
The best part about this is the evolution of the fans waking up about EJ. Realistically I should go bump all the threads from when he was drafted that I posted in trying to explain to people that it was completely asinine to think this kid was ever going to be a good QB let alone a franchise one.

Nearly 3 years later he's bout to flame out of the league and his replacement at FSU, Winston, proved that EJ was actually holding the team and offense back from its full potential

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2015, 11:23 AM
The best part about this is the evolution of the fans waking up about EJ. Realistically I should go bump all the threads from when he was drafted that I posted in trying to explain to people that it was completely asinine to think this kid was ever going to be a good QB let alone a franchise one.

Nearly 3 years later he's bout to flame out of the league and his replacement at FSU, Winston, proved that EJ was actually holding the team and offense back from its full potential
Hello? Are you really OpIv? Sounds like all you're interested in is being right and "I told you so".

HHURRICANE
08-03-2015, 12:26 PM
nothing is becoming clear yet. not even close

i still think ej is the logical choice to be given the first shot at it, but any of the three could end up starting game one. if its not ej i hope its tyrod. cassel just isnt good and is best as an insurance policy in case the other two actually are hot garbage

Maybe you can explain to me how EJ is the logical choice? Missing throws and fumbling snaps is nobody's fault but his. I'd love Cassel no to be our best option but these other guys aren't the answer.

For the record, other than his rookie season, Tyrod had to fight just to keep the backup gig in Baltimore. EJ was so bad last pre-season that he couldn't even move the ball. The problem here is that everyone wants to have this optimism that we haven't seen the entire picture on either one of these guys...truth is we have.

Bill Cody
08-03-2015, 02:27 PM

wow good for you

better days
08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Maybe you can explain to me how EJ is the logical choice? Missing throws and fumbling snaps is nobody's fault but his. I'd love Cassel no to be our best option but these other guys aren't the answer.

For the record, other than his rookie season, Tyrod had to fight just to keep the backup gig in Baltimore. EJ was so bad last pre-season that he couldn't even move the ball. The problem here is that everyone wants to have this optimism that we haven't seen the entire picture on either one of these guys...truth is we have.

So, what competition has Tyrod had to fight off to keep his back up job in Baltimore?

Meathead
08-03-2015, 05:50 PM
ive explained it a million times

practice and preseason games mean close to nothing, you cant tell how a player will do until the games are real. coaches have no choice but to evaluate and make cutdown decisions based on them but its a highly error prone process. the smart coaches wait until they see actual game production over a period of time before making long term determinations on whether to keep a guy on the team or not, especially highly drafted ones, and especially qbs

ejs career start pretty much matches 95% of first round quarterbacks: up and down with progress being painfully slow. hes had tough breaks and lots of bad coaching decisions around him. this is the year those excuses wont hold up anymore, but we wont know if hes turned the corner or not until he gets a handful of real games under his belt. theyve invested a lot in him and they need to get an answer on whether or not hes made the classic year three qb jump and the only way to do that will be to let him play

any fan that thinks they know now whether he will be viable long term is deluding themselves. you are dramatically overemphasizing every little thing and its only four days into camp! youve got a whole new offensive system, new players all over the place, and 3 qb sharing first team reps. of course its going to be ugly for a while

unless one of these guys blows everybody away in preseason, highly unlikely, the logical choice is to give ej the first starting shot. i seriously doubt anybody is going to emerge as clearly better than the others, so i still expect ej to be the game one starter

BillsFanCupp38
08-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Bb.com pretty much said that EJ had his best day today. Doesn't say a whole lot because his other days have been subpar. But maybe he is getting his rythym. Tyrod Taylor had a couple nice touchdown passes as well. Didn't say anything about Cassel.

better days
08-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Bb.com pretty much said that EJ had his best day today. Doesn't say a whole lot because his other days have been subpar. But maybe he is getting his rythym. Tyrod Taylor had a couple nice touchdown passes as well. Didn't say anything about Cassel.

Joe Buscalgia said EJ had the best day 2.

So 2 days out of 4, EJ was the best QB.

Still a long way to go before anyone is named starter.

djjimkelly
08-04-2015, 04:19 AM
Joe Buscalgia said EJ had the best day 2.

So 2 days out of 4, EJ was the best QB.

Still a long way to go before anyone is named starter.

yeah ive read from several places that monday night EJ looked rather good. and whats real funny i come to the bills zone and NOT 1 POST about the qbs once EJ looks decent to good. but im sure if he was crap on monday night 10 threads.

i truly dont care who the qb is at this point. however if taylor looks great say it if taylor looks **** say it same with EJ and cassel.

but i guess thats what some need. the sky is falling everyday

djjimkelly
08-04-2015, 04:25 AM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/03/who-will-be-the-bills-qb-our-day-four-report/

k-oneputt
08-04-2015, 06:18 AM
Hello? Are you really OpIv? Sounds like all you're interested in is being right and "I told you so".

He is right. And anyone who really watched those Manuel FSU teams already knew that.

JoeMama
08-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Rejoice, EJ rebounded from an ugly start and put together a nice string of plays.

He found Sammy Watkins deep down the left sideline for a touchdown, and then in red zone work, had a would-be touchdown negated by a MarQueis Gray drop, and then found Marcus Easley for a touchdown from about 10 yards out. The final few throws were the type of performance the Bills want to see from him, but to this point it’s been too few scattered. Consistency is the key.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-4

It ain't the type of **** that's gonna make you "shout" but it's a start, I guess.

Baby steps...

Meathead
08-04-2015, 08:00 AM
@KevinMassare
EJ Manuel has been great today. Sharp and has waited for his read. Nice find with Chris Gragg.

@haprusak: EJ with a nice pass to Marquise Goodwin in the corner of the end zone. @WGRZ http://t.co/BFtugHyRNd

Dave Thompson @BuildingROC
Goodwin runs down a deep ball from EJ during passing drills #Bills pic.twitter.com/YSjz18H21f

@ChrisTrapasso
Back to back great catches by R Woods & M Goodwin on perfect go routes passes by EJ Manuel & Matt Cassel for TDs. Then Dez Lewis drops TD.

‏@ChrisTrapasso
Easily EJ's best practice. The #Bills QB "rankings" tonight were IMO - 1. EJ Manuel 2. Tyrod Taylor ..... 3. Matt Cassel

props to protocol69 at bbi for putting these together

gr8slayer
08-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Manuel is the best QB currently on the roster, it's that simple. Going by what we currently have to work with, he's our best chance at a future.

Meathead
08-04-2015, 11:45 AM
as cautiously hopeful as i have been about ej, even im not ready to say that. its possible tyrod could emerge as the best, though i not counting on that. ej appears to have the most potential but he has to do it first and certainly he has to do it this year. we wont know until they actually play real games so its most likely going to be him that gets first crack at it. cassel is never going to be anything more than insurance if the other two end up sucking chefs salty chocolate balls

dont even want to think about what the bills are going to have to give up to get somebody decent in here if all three fail this season, but they will have to. so keep your fingers crossed one of these guys surprises

better days
08-04-2015, 11:48 AM
He is right. And anyone who really watched those Manuel FSU teams already knew that.

You mean the people that watched EJ win every bowl game he played for the Noles?

k-oneputt
08-04-2015, 12:51 PM
You mean the people that watched EJ win every bowl game he played for the Noles?

Already been through this. Go ahead list those bowl teams EJ beat.

I like EJ, and I want him to be good, but he just can't play qb in the NFL. He doesn't have the instincts or accuracy to win in the league.

better days
08-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Already been through this. Go ahead list those bowl teams EJ beat.

I like EJ, and I want him to be good, but he just can't play qb in the NFL. He doesn't have the instincts or accuracy to win in the league.

You should get a job with the Bills as the GM.

To KNOW EJ can't play QB in the NFL after 14 starts while Rex & Whaley don't know that, the Bills could use your expertise.

k-oneputt
08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
I knew he couldn't do it when he was drafted,
If you want to dig up old threads I said the one qb we do not want to draft was EJ.
Then of course we draft him.
Go ahead start digging.

better days
08-05-2015, 06:59 AM
I knew he couldn't do it when he was drafted,
If you want to dig up old threads I said the one qb we do not want to draft was EJ.
Then of course we draft him.
Go ahead start digging.

Like I said, the Bills could use your expertise, go get hired.

trapezeus
08-05-2015, 07:20 AM
BEtter days, i think we see more or less eye to eye on EJ.

i agree 14 games isn't enough. but, EJ really needed to come into OTAs and camp ahead of a weak QB class. the first two years he had the luxury of being on a team that had a coach and GM that wanted him. Now he doesn't have that. so the fact he still comes in and doesn't separate himself immediately is concerning.

He can still get it, but literally by mid season, if he's played games, that's the end of his window.

k-oneputt
08-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Like I said, the Bills could use your expertise, go get hired.

You're right. Especially over the previous 15 yrs, but that not saying much.

k-oneputt
08-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Cassel is going to start.

EJ better get it together quick or he won't even be on a roster in another month.

better days
08-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Cassel is going to start.

EJ better get it together quick or he won't even be on a roster in another month.

I think one of those two will not be on the roster by the start of the season.

So far it is neck & neck.

So who do they keep?

The cheap inexperienced QB with yes I will say it potential, or the more expensive seasoned Vet with the rag arm?

sudzy
08-05-2015, 02:24 PM
So who do they keep?

With this defense?
The QB that won't make the dumb play when the games on the line. And that's not EJ.

better days
08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
With this defense?
The QB that won't make the dumb play when the games on the line. And that's not EJ.

WHY? You don't think this defense is good enough to bail out a QB that makes a dumb play?

EJ may make the dumb play, but I think he is also more likely to make the BIG play than Cassel.

sudzy
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
With this defense and RBs, it should be able moving the chains. Keep the defense fresh. I don't expect these QB to win us many games, just don't cost us any games.

swiper
08-05-2015, 05:08 PM
BEtter days, i think we see more or less eye to eye on EJ.

i agree 14 games isn't enough. but, EJ really needed to come into OTAs and camp ahead of a weak QB class. the first two years he had the luxury of being on a team that had a coach and GM that wanted him. Now he doesn't have that. so the fact he still comes in and doesn't separate himself immediately is concerning.

He can still get it, but literally by mid season, if he's played games, that's the end of his window.

LOL. More failed hope. Do you know how many QB experts that they have made Manuel work with so far?

Read this: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/19826/quarterback-guru-joe-dickinson-observing-bills-practices

He has worked with Steve DeBerg, David Lee, Joe Dickinson, and....

Manuel also has worked with QB gurus George Whitfield, Steve Calhoun and Ken Mastrole.

That is 6 different QB "gurus." And he still sucks.

The Jokeman
08-05-2015, 05:15 PM
With this defense and RBs, it should be able moving the chains. Keep the defense fresh. I don't expect these QB to win us many games, just don't cost us any games.

Shhh don't tell people Seattle's secret to success the last two years they actually think Russell Wilson's a better QB than Andrew Luck.