PDA

View Full Version : Incognito Named LG Starter

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Per Rex Ryan after practice today...

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 2m minutes ago
Rex Ryan just declared Richie Incognito the starting left guard. Same with Cordy Glenn at left tackle.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Also named Eric Wood starter at Center. So the left side of the line is completely set, which isn't a huge surprise.

SpikedLemonade
08-02-2015, 10:33 AM
This will prove to be a mistake.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:34 AM

Not sure they really had another option. Richardson and Miller are fighting for the RG spot.

SpikedLemonade
08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Not sure they really had another option. Richardson and Miller are fighting for the RG spot.

I agree the options are very limited by now. Just not enough effort put in to improve the OL during this off-season.

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I agree the options are very limited by now. Just not enough effort put in to improve the OL during this off-season.

I think everybody agrees on that.

SpikedLemonade
08-02-2015, 10:38 AM
I think everybody agrees on that.

Not everybody.

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 11:55 AM

I think Richardson just getting time because of Miller's injury. Come Week 1 I see the starting line left to right being Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller and Henderson. Richardson seems to being groomed for the primary backup swing G spot.

Skooby
08-02-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm hoping the time off helped Ritchie become healthy & get him motivated to play hard, the guy can play.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping the time off helped Ritchie become healthy & get him motivated to play hard, the guy can play.

They are saying he looks great in camp.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I knew Rex wouldn't play games with positions. The starter at QB will come quick

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 12:26 PM
They are saying he looks great in camp.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I knew Rex wouldn't play games with positions. The starter at QB will come quick

It's Cassel's job to lose if the early reports are true. Tyrod might be making noise but I just don't see him as a long term NFL starter.

JoeMama
08-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Sounds great to me.

Incognito getting in dude's faces at LG, then -- my guess -- John Miller steps up big as a rookie and does well at RG, just like Seantrel Henderson did at RT last season.

Lots of potential on this line.

The Jokeman
08-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Sounds great to me.

Incognito getting in dude's faces at LG, then -- my guess -- John Miller steps up big as a rookie and does well at RG, just like Seantrel Henderson did at RT last season.

Lots of potential on this line.

Henderson won the job last year by default as Kujo looked horrible. Hopefully the same isn't happenimg with Miller this year.

swiper
08-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Is Urbik still with us?

MillsapsBillsFan
08-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Incognito was at worst an average guard before he took time off. Do people really think there are two guards on our roster right now that are better than Incognito? Because I don't. This move isn't surprising to me at all.

The news is that he looks great and he's in great shape.

Syderick
08-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Is Urbik still with us?

Yes

swiper
08-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Evan Mathis is still out there looking for work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/02/jets-have-spoken-to-evan-mathis-but-price-too-high/

Pegula doesn't blink at cost. They must feel set at guard. They haven't made a play for Mathis.

Mace
08-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Evan Mathis is still out there looking for work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/02/jets-have-spoken-to-evan-mathis-but-price-too-high/

Pegula doesn't blink at cost. They must feel set at guard. They haven't made a play for Mathis.

I think they're only 7.3 mil below cap less 1.1 for practice squad = 6.2 and need account for in-season adds for flexibility in case of injuries, plus...Dareus extension on the horizon. They can't afford 5 million for Mathis, so Pegula has to blink at cost about now.

Mace
08-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Not everybody.

Like me. I'm not afraid to say I'm not convinced they were bad and coaching won't make a diff. I'd have felt better with Iupati (Roman familiarity) in the fold, good with Battle, best of all with Mike Solari coaching it, but run offense is easier on the line anyway, coaching has to be better than last year by default, and they're stocked with young upside.

sudzy
08-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Henderson won the job last year by default as Kujo looked horrible. Hopefully the same isn't happenimg with Miller this year.

Sounds like Miller isn't just winning the job by default.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia) John Miller just held his own in back to back 1on1 attempts versus Dareus and Kyle Williams. What a way to start for the rookie #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash)

<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2015-08-02T15:25:06+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 02 Aug 2015, 15:25:06 (UTC)">11:25 AM - 2 Aug 2015

</time> (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/627862694683512832)

Glad to hear Incognito is playing well. The guard play will be a lot better this year then last year.

Goobylal
08-02-2015, 07:24 PM
No surprise as he was a Pro Bowler at LG for the Dols in 2012. He'll be an excellent player for the Bills and solidify the left side, helping out both Glenn and Wood instead of hurting them like the LG's did the past couple years. And early reports are Miller looks great at RG. All that's needed is for Kujo (Or Hend) to be a passable RT and the OL is fine.

Goobylal
08-02-2015, 07:28 PM
It's Cassel's job to lose if the early reports are true. Tyrod might be making noise but I just don't see him as a long term NFL starter.
Yeah...no. Cassel looks horrible. I hope they cut him and save his $5M salary.

better days
08-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Is Urbik still with us?

It looks like Urbick will back up the entire interior OL.

LG, C, RG. Urbick is a good guy to have on the bench & he will no doubt see some playing time.

YardRat
08-03-2015, 05:12 AM
Well, with Kromer being benched for 6 games, the start of this season hopefully proves that we would have been better with nobody instead of Morris and Marrone.

Ginger Vitis
08-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Not everybody.

2 posters think enough was done to upgrade the OL.. lol keep on thinking you're pathetically superior in football knowledge because 1 or 2 homers disagree with you and just about everyone else on this site

JoeMama
08-03-2015, 06:15 AM

How so?

Is it about that Jonathan Martin scandal?

I say let bygones be bygones.

Even if he's a bad dude, he's our bad dude now. So long as he directs his anger at opposing defense instead of his teammates, I have no doubt this will work out fantastically for us.

He's a really solid player to anchor LG.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2015, 06:45 AM
I think our line is way better than last year. From what I hear the Dolphins line is struggling mightily in camp and they sucked last year.

Rather have improvement. Wood is the one who is making me nervous.

Meathead
08-03-2015, 07:43 AM
i have to admit even before his scandal in miami i really didnt like richie and was glad to see him leave. to me he was a typical male ass hole, the common white version of what i point out we have a disproportionate amount of in our blackness bc we arent allowed to point at them and call them ass holes

but as mlk told us many times, suffering brings redemption. it seems his self-inflicted wounds from being an ass hole has brought him wisdom. same with percy, actually. this is why it is important to develop the ability to be able to point at them and call them ass holes when they are being ones, to provide some pushback to the darkened state they are in, and to give them a better/earlier chance at that kind of redemption

im glad he and percy are here and we get to watch their redemption first hand. oh and they are pretty good ball players too

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-03-2015, 10:16 AM
And here we go. Our typical gratuitous racial commentary. Doesn't matter what the topic we always end up back there....

Goobylal
08-03-2015, 10:49 AM
2 posters think enough was done to upgrade the OL.. lol keep on thinking you're pathetically superior in football knowledge because 1 or 2 homers disagree with you and just about everyone else on this site
Whether the Bills did "enough" to improve the OL remains to be seen. But I think they did.

swiper
08-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I, the eternal pessimist, believe this line will prove to be noticeably better than last years version. Couple new players. New coaches. Kuoandijo, Richardson & Henderson have a season under their belt. I think the Bills are going to throw rotating RBs at opponents that will make their heads spin.

Would I rather have Mathis over Incognito? Yep. But I can live with it.

CleveSteve
08-04-2015, 07:15 AM
If Wood is really stinking up the joint I'd sign Mathis and put Incognito back at center like he played at college ASAP. JMO.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-04-2015, 10:49 AM
If Wood is really stinking up the joint I'd sign Mathis and put Incognito back at center like he played at college ASAP. JMO.

With what money? Unless someone with a big hit gets cut we dont have the cap room for Mathis

gr8slayer
08-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Not everybody.

To be fair, it's not something that you can build in a single off-season. It took the Cowboys 5 years to fully build the OL to be what it is today.

Goobylal
08-04-2015, 11:34 AM
With what money? Unless someone with a big hit gets cut we dont have the cap room for Mathis
The Bills have $7.8M in cap space, which is more than enough (probably a 1-year $4.5M deal would suffice to get Mathis). And Cassel could be cut to save another $4.75M.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-04-2015, 11:39 AM
And here we go. Our typical gratuitous racial commentary. Doesn't matter what the topic we always end up back there....

To be fair, racial commentary in a topic about Incognito is expected

justasportsfan
08-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Whether the Bills did "enough" to improve the OL remains to be seen. But I think they did.

I think the OL improved but not because of what the bills did, but simply because Marrone QUIT!

the offense was regressing under him and Orton made the O look somewhat decent if we can even call it that.

Goobylal
08-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I think the OL improved but not because of what the bills did, but simply because Marrone QUIT!

the offense was regressing under him and Orton made the O look somewhat decent if we can even call it that.
Marrone quitting was a big part. Adding Incog and Miller, and Kujo potentially developing, as well as Glenn being healthy going into camp, are also major reasons.

Meathead
08-04-2015, 07:15 PM
I, the eternal pessimist, believe this line will prove to be noticeably better than last years version.

how could it not be

Mike13
08-04-2015, 10:16 PM

Well when you throw around the N bomb as much as Richie does, its bound to come up.

justasportsfan
08-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Marrone quitting was a big part. Adding Incog and Miller, and Kujo potentially developing, as well as Glenn being healthy going into camp, are also major reasons.

Under Marrone , adding Incog and Miller would do nothing , Kujo would never develop and Glenn would continue to regress

Famous Amos
08-06-2015, 01:39 PM
To be fair, it's not something that you can build in a single off-season. It took the Cowboys 5 years to fully build the OL to be what it is today.

And they built up their oline through the draft, too.

Famous Amos
08-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I don't agree with Incognito's personal opinions and beliefs but, unlike some here, I was sad to see him go the first time. I enjoyed his mean streak on the line. He was a run blocking mauler when he was here. Glad to have him back. Hopefully if he gets racist, FredEx will put him in place.

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2015, 01:55 PM
And they built up their oline through the draft, too.

We would never dare to that since we undervalue OL.