PDA

View Full Version : John Miller dominating!!!

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Miller is looking like a stud!!!!!!

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-3

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Woods unfortunately not so good.

YardRat
08-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Disappointing to see Wood getting blown up by second-stringers.

Luisito23
08-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Disappointing to see Wood getting blown up by second-stringers.

Disappointing, but not surprising...Wood hasn't been good for a while now.

Goobylal
08-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Who is the backup? Urbik?

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2015, 08:24 PM
I wanted a center drafted this year. I love wood but he has regressed and I don't know why.

YardRat
08-03-2015, 05:09 AM

Oh, I agree completely.

DesertFox24
08-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Yeah I was wondering the same thing about wood he is too athletic and strong to get man handled like he does on occasion. That being said hopefully having some good guards around him can help him regain his form soon.

JoeMama
08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
What's the deal with Eric Wood?

He's been such a stalwart... yet he's been getting an increasing number of lackluster reviews in the past year, year and a half.

I chalked up last season to him being surrounded by subpar guards. Being a lineman is a position where you can easily look terrible if the guys next to you are bums. So much of the job description relies on cohesion.

I feel like he can rebound.

Still, early reports are troubling.

Meathead
08-03-2015, 09:02 AM
hasnt been the same since breaking his leg

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2015, 11:25 AM
"Woods sucks! I told you so!!! I should bump all the old posts I made about how Woods sucks so you all know I'm right!"

better days
08-03-2015, 11:37 AM
"Woods sucks! I told you so!!! I should bump all the old posts I made about how Woods sucks so you all know I'm right!"

Are we talking about Robert Woods or Eric Wood?

sukie
08-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Wood better not play like a ******* around Richie.

- - - Updated - - -

Wood better not play like a ******* around Richie.

kingJofNYC
08-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Miller was a considered a possible fit at Center leading up to the draft. Wood is dead weight, he's making top 5 center money and he's not even top 10.

YardRat
08-03-2015, 02:11 PM
What's the deal with Eric Wood?

He's been such a stalwart... yet he's been getting an increasing number of lackluster reviews in the past year, year and a half.

I chalked up last season to him being surrounded by subpar guards. Being a lineman is a position where you can easily look terrible if the guys next to you are bums. So much of the job description relies on cohesion.

I feel like he can rebound.

Still, early reports are troubling.

Just IMO, but I don't think he's ever been stout/strong enough to anchor a line. Last year it seemed like a lot of games (watching replays) he was taking bad steps/making bad reads also, but in all honesty I can't say how much of that might have been piss-poor coaching.

Goobylal
08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Just IMO, but I don't think he's ever been stout/strong enough to anchor a line. Last year it seemed like a lot of games (watching replays) he was taking bad steps/making bad reads also, but in all honesty I can't say how much of that might have been piss-poor coaching.
Or compensating for the guys around him. Hopefully it was both of those.

YardRat
08-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Or compensating for the guys around him. Hopefully it was both of those.

Maybe, but one the plays that sticks out to me the most is against Houston when he stepped left/forward instead of right/back or up/read and let JJ Watt swing in behind him for an easy sack. IMO if you're concentrating on compensating for somebody else you do it in favor of the side where the best defensive player in the league is lining up, not the opposite.

Night Train
08-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Agreed. I made that comment last year and I was hoping good Guard play by Incognito and Miller would help but 1 on 1 situations still arise due to certain schemes... and he isn't able to anchor.

Remember the Raiders game when former UB LB Mack pushed him back like a blocking sled ? How is it going to get better against a true DT ? Better keep an open mind on upgrading that position, sooner than later.

Mace
08-03-2015, 04:28 PM
hasnt been the same since breaking his leg

Actually he was. He broke his leg playing guard and was a good guard the next year also before they moved him back to center almost by default which kind of annoyed me at the time.

I think it will get better though with Incognito and Miller on either side in a run blocking offense. Roman runs a complicated o-line setup, Wood is in a position of doing his blocking job and also making line calls, might just be he's learning a new system with new guards at his sides, and a fierce, talented Ryan defense in front of him to make it rougher early in camp this year.

Goobylal
08-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Maybe, but one the plays that sticks out to me the most is against Houston when he stepped left/forward instead of right/back or up/read and let JJ Watt swing in behind him for an easy sack. IMO if you're concentrating on compensating for somebody else you do it in favor of the side where the best defensive player in the league is lining up, not the opposite.
You block the way the play is called. It wouldn't surprise me to learn they wanted him to do that even though Watt was on the other side, given what Watt did to them that day.

Jimkelly12203
08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
You block the way the play is called. It wouldn't surprise me to learn they wanted him to do that even though Watt was on the other side, given what Watt did to them that day.

Wood played fantastic alongside Levitre. Neither has been the same since they have separated.

swiper
08-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Wood played fantastic alongside Levitre. Neither has been the same since they have separated.

The change in Wood came when Joe D'Alessandris left. It's purely a coaching thing. More so than his injury. I'm not a rosy glasses guy, but I expect Wood's play to pick up this year now that the Marrone/Hackett crowd is gone. You could see the difference in every guy that was left over from D'Alessandris to Hackett & Pat Morris.

He did get hammered in that Oakland game by Khalil Mack. That was ugly.

justasportsfan
08-03-2015, 08:24 PM
We will see if Wood sucks under new coaching or if he sucked like everybody else under Marrone and co.