PDA

View Full Version : Kromer Suspended 6 Games

DraftBoy
08-02-2015, 08:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505967/article/bills-suspend-aaron-kromer-for-first-6-games-of-2015

The Buffalo Bills suspended offensive line coach Aaron Kromer for the first six games of 2015 season, the team announced Sunday.

The Bills were investigating into the arrest of Kromer for allegedly punching a teenage boy last month. He had been placed on an indefinite paid leave.

The team released the following statement:

"Over the past several weeks the Bills organization has gathered information regarding the incident involving offensive line coach Aaron Kromer.

"We worked in conjunction with the NFL on this matter and we are highly supportive of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy that holds all NFL and club employees to a higher standard.

Goobylal
08-02-2015, 08:31 PM
And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2015, 08:32 PM
And Greg Hardy did infinitely worse and got just 4 games without pay. No prior history and a misdemeanor that was dropped and he gets 6 games?

I think it's pretty harsh as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-02-2015, 09:34 PM

This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.

HHURRICANE
08-02-2015, 09:38 PM
This was a punishment by the Bills, not by the league. I think the Bills chose to send a harsher punishment.

Also, Hardy had to sit out most of a contract year (though he was paid) and his suspension was only cut from 10 to 4 games after an appeal.

No the league was involved.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-02-2015, 09:46 PM
No the league was involved.

The league was involved, but the article says the punishment came from the Bills.

Mace
08-02-2015, 09:51 PM

This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.

Meathead
08-02-2015, 10:11 PM
very reasonable imo

act like the white guys, kromer

better days
08-02-2015, 10:14 PM
This isn't a player, it's a coach who socked a minor and paid his way out of it. After Cutler last year, he's lucky to have a job. Try and repeat the words, "this is a coach", like a supervisor to your immature players.

He's lucky to keep his job and the harsh Bills suspension likely will keep the NFL from acting.

2 strikes for a 48 year old coach who appears to be unwinding awful quick closing on 50.

As was said before, the Bills acted in Concert with the NFL to hand down the punishment so it would be very surprising to see the NFL add anything more.

Kromer is on double secret probation & anymore screw ups will most likely end his career as an NFL Coach.

Scumbag College
08-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?

YardRat
08-03-2015, 04:52 AM
I believe he's allowed to participate in camp and preseason.

Novacane
08-03-2015, 06:01 AM
He's lucky he still has a job.

Topas
08-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I dont know. In the interweb times there is such a quick rush to judgment. I would like to know more details what happened. Did he pay the parents millions because he pushed their kids like crazy. Or did he push them and he preferred to have that resolved quickly. Such a big difference.

How can anyone say he deserved that suspension when it is not clear what happened. And in my book it is ok to give kids who steal chairs at night some "education".

And with regard to the Cutler thing. I dont know the details, but calling out Cutler is a positive in my book.

better days
08-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Can he coach during the preseason and during the preparation for weeks 1-6 and just not during gameday? Or is he gone til the end of October from the team?

Yes Kromer can Coach in preseason.

His suspension does not start until Sept 7.

The King
08-03-2015, 11:53 AM
This was a tactful move by the Bills. They get to keep him on during the most important time of the year.

Saratoga Slim
08-03-2015, 02:03 PM
This was a tactful move by the Bills. They get to keep him on during the most important time of the year.

Exactly.

I was actually a little surprised he wasn't released. Comparing punishments 20 year old players have received is laughable. He's a coach and should be held to a way higher standard. If your 48 year old leaders can't refrain from beating up kids, how can they expect the players to?

Mace
08-03-2015, 04:10 PM
I dont know. In the interweb times there is such a quick rush to judgment. I would like to know more details what happened. Did he pay the parents millions because he pushed their kids like crazy. Or did he push them and he preferred to have that resolved quickly. Such a big difference.

How can anyone say he deserved that suspension when it is not clear what happened. And in my book it is ok to give kids who steal chairs at night some "education".

Well, the Bills and the NFL can say he deserved the suspension. Remember, the Bills and NFL also investigated and evidently concluded it was worth 6 games. Evidently also, because you don't hear anything about Kromer fighting it, he appears to think it was worth 6 games and is taking his medicine, knowing better as well.

If the Bills, the NFL & Kromer are fine with a 6 game suspension, all of them evidently know he deserved it, imho.

Goobylal
08-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Well, the Bills and the NFL can say he deserved the suspension. Remember, the Bills and NFL also investigated and evidently concluded it was worth 6 games. Evidently also, because you don't hear anything about Kromer fighting it, he appears to think it was worth 6 games and is taking his medicine, knowing better as well.

If the Bills, the NFL & Kromer are fine with a 6 game suspension, all of them evidently know he deserved it, imho.
Kromer was never going to fight the suspension because he'd get fired. 5/8ths of a salary is better than 0/8.

And it appears, according to the recent update in the PCP, that Kromer got the maximum penalty for a first time violator. I hope he didn't pay that kid much money because it didn't help.

Mace
08-03-2015, 06:59 PM
I hope he didn't pay that kid much money because it didn't help.

Well, he didn't get convicted for socking a kid, or lose his job for socking a kid, so it looks like something helped him keep away from 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none), and it was probably money well spent for his circumstances by what I can see.

Not real sure what you think it didn't help besides not getting convicted of socking a kid, getting 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none if you get convicted for socking a kid).

Goobylal
08-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Well, he didn't get convicted for socking a kid, or lose his job for socking a kid, so it looks like something helped him keep away from 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none), and it was probably money well spent for his circumstances by what I can see.

Not real sure what you think it didn't help besides not getting convicted of socking a kid, getting 0/8ths, time in jail with mean people if you get a cranky judge, a criminal record, and worse career possibilities (like none if you get convicted for socking a kid).
He wasn't going to see jail time for a misdemeanor, with no prior history. But the payoff to the kid might have been a wash WRT to the legal fees he avoided.

Mace
08-03-2015, 07:08 PM
He wasn't going to see jail time for a misdemeanor, with no prior history. But the payoff to the kid might have been a wash WRT to the legal fees he avoided.

I don't know it quite works out that way with every Florida judge who gets a celebrity (sort of, though certainly some of them), but I think he paid to save his job and career and it seems to have worked, costing him 6 games instead of career, which still looks like money well spent in his case, if so.

EDS
08-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Please, please someone go to training camp and wave a beach chair in the stands with a sign that says "Hey Kromer, hope you don't mind I borrowed your beach chair!"

Mace
08-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Please, please someone go to training camp and wave a beach chair in the stands with a sign that says "Hey Kromer, hope you don't mind I borrowed your beach chair!"

Then ask him to sign it.

trapezeus
08-05-2015, 07:17 AM

or he doesn't, and his family and loved ones have broken this down for him. You made a gaff with cutler that made you a toxic person to hire. and then this was your second strike. you fight the bills on this, it's strike 3 and you are out of the NFL. So try and make peace with no matter how wrong you think it is.

Mace
08-06-2015, 05:31 PM
or he doesn't, and his family and loved ones have broken this down for him. You made a gaff with cutler that made you a toxic person to hire. and then this was your second strike. you fight the bills on this, it's strike 3 and you are out of the NFL. So try and make peace with no matter how wrong you think it is.

Well, maybe, I don't really know. But he should have been smart enough to realize that on that night when he went down to argue with teenagers about beach chairs. All he had to do was call the police if it was such a big deal ? And your typical police do not want to go through the hassle of paperwork and arrest and try and make peace in a circumstance like a guy being upset about kids on his beach chairs fishing in the night. Give them a talking to, send them home if next door, let the guy get his chairs, go back to the diner or driving around.

If innocent, the circumstances will speak for themselves in court. If questionable even, it becomes obvious over an adult confronting teens over beach chairs late at night, when the police are involved, doesn't it ? Why didn't he call the police and wait for them ? What was so important about his beach chairs late at night ? Why couldn't he open the door and yell "Shut up, put the chairs back or I'm calling the cops", or film it on his cellphone and show the cops, or go right to their parents to catch them in the act since they were neighbors ?

Because with his sound adult judgement he thought it was wise to he-man it with his son for backup. You don't want to look bad in front of the boy or family when you're an o-line coach who has previously delivered weeping apologies to bewildered football teams ?

Maybe, I dunno. You'd sort of expect a pro coach to act with a better sense of maturity if he's got a grip on himself though wouldn't you ?