PDA

View Full Version : The Quarterback With The Most, "Big Play," Ability Is Going To Win The Starting Job

BillsImpossible
08-05-2015, 06:12 PM
The quarterback competition is down to Matt Cassel vs. Tyrod Taylor.

For what it's worth, EJ Manuel had another bad day at camp on Day 6. I think he's officially, "on the bubble," as they say. If EJ continues to be EJ, he's not going to see a snap until the third or even fourth quarter of the 1st preseason game come next Friday. That'll be the tell tale sign of things to come.

On Day 6 of training camp this morning at SJF College, Tryod Taylor had his best outing so far, making a long TD pass by using his feet to get away from the Bills crazy pass rush, and making fewer mistakes.

Matt Cassel had another Matt Cassel day. He made some nice throws, made some bad throws, and continues to struggle throwing the football more than 15 yards.

Tyrod Taylor has the most, "Big Play," ability out of any quarterback on the Bills roster. He's shown that ability consistently every day at training camp so far. He's also made some mistakes, and has missed passes he should make.

What's interesting about Taylor is how he is gradually getting better every day at camp, while Cassel and Manuel continue to stay the same.

Taylor's ability to make big plays happen with his feet is what sets him apart from Matt Cassel. He also has a better long ball, and a stronger arm.

Out of all 3 quarterbacks, Tyrod Taylor has the biggest mountain to climb.

EJ Manuel has the advantage of knowing his surroundings, his players, and game experience over Taylor.

Matt Cassel has the advantage when it comes to game experience and bouncing around the NFL as a true veteran quarterback.

Taylor hasn't had those advantages, yet he's already outplayed the Bills 2013 first round draft pick, and he's giving Matt Cassel a run for his money.

Tryod Taylor starts opening day at The Ralph. Simms is the backup.

Manuel and Cassel get cut. Third QB?

Who cares. If the Bills have to resort to a 3rd quarterback in 2015, let Fred Jackson run the read option.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-05-2015, 06:26 PM
I do like Tyrod's ability to run with the ball (even if he seems to take off a little too often) but i'm not sure he can win the job. He has a shot, but I just don't see him getting much more accurate, thats a thing that is very difficult to fix (see: EJ). I think this might be a case of people wanting the freshest option, the one that has the least tape on him so far. But just because he's new doesn't mean he's the best option.

He never even completed 60% of his passes in college, I don't see him all the sudden getting the ability to do that in the NFL. The only reason I'm using college stats is because he doesn't have enough meaningful NFL stats to make a comparison.

That being said I hope to god that someone proves me wrong and steps up to win the competition. I think he's going to fight as hard as he can, he probably knows this could be his only shot to start in the NFL..

BillsImpossible
08-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Which quarterback can evade the pass rush best?

I don't think that's even a fair question.

The Bills offensive line is designed to run the football. Pass protection is not their strong suit.

I think Roman wants a quarterback that can make plays with his feet after pass protection breaks down.

Big plays, Baby.

Mr. Cynical
08-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Which quarterback can evade the pass rush best?

I don't think that's even a fair question.

The Bills offensive line is designed to run the football. Pass protection is not their strong suit.

I think Roman wants a quarterback that can make plays with his feet after pass protection breaks down.

Big plays, Baby.

I think this is pretty accurate. Rex knows he's not going to have a quick read, quick release, accurate passer. At best he's going to get a semi-quick read, semi-quick release and marginally accurate guy. So, whoever is back there will need to buy time, since the OL isn't going to be able to block forever. And that person is Tyrod, from what I've been reading. BUT, that said, if he is careless with the ball, he won't make it. He *has* to either toss it out of bounds, or tuck and run and not fumble.

I hate this situation given the talent on this team. Grrrr.

BillsImpossible
08-05-2015, 06:54 PM
I do like Tyrod's ability to run with the ball (even if he seems to take off a little too often) but i'm not sure he can win the job. He has a shot, but I just don't see him getting much more accurate, thats a thing that is very difficult to fix (see: EJ). I think this might be a case of people wanting the freshest option, the one that has the least tape on him so far. But just because he's new doesn't mean he's the best option.

He never even completed 60% of his passes in college, I don't see him all the sudden getting the ability to do that in the NFL. The only reason I'm using college stats is because he doesn't have enough meaningful NFL stats to make a comparison.

That being said I hope to god that someone proves me wrong and steps up to win the competition. I think he's going to fight as hard as he can, he probably knows this could be his only shot to start in the NFL..

Just think Eli Manning and big plays. He's not the best passer in the NFL, never will be, but he has 2 rings and Peyton has 1.

Smash mouth football combined with big plays can win Super Bowls.

One final thought from 30 years ago:

Jim McMahon.

BillsImpossible
08-05-2015, 07:13 PM
I think this is pretty accurate. Rex knows he's not going to have a quick read, quick release, accurate passer. At best he's going to get a semi-quick read, semi-quick release and marginally accurate guy. So, whoever is back there will need to buy time, since the OL isn't going to be able to block forever. And that person is Tyrod, from what I've been reading. BUT, that said, if he is careless with the ball, he won't make it. He *has* to either toss it out of bounds, or tuck and run and not fumble.

I hate this situation given the talent on this team. Grrrr.

EJ Manuel has no excuses for getting a feel for his receivers. He's been throwing to familiar targets since 2013.

Matt Cassel has no excuses either, seeing as Kyle Orton stepped in after Labor Day and didn't have a problem delivering the ball accurately to receivers he never played with.

Tyrod Taylor has played in 1 NFL game, and has nowhere near Cassel's or Orton's experience.

If there's one quarterback that deserves more time to develop, "chemistry," with his receivers, it's Tyrod Taylor.

EDS
08-05-2015, 07:20 PM
I get the sense that things could actually play out much differently with the Bills "brain" trust electing to go with the guy least likely to screw things up since the defense and running based approach will rely on the QB consistently being able to complete a 6 yard pass for a first down more than it will on big plays from the passing game. With guys like Watkins and Harvin big plays could come from missed tackles and such on short passes.

We shall see though.

WagonCircler
08-05-2015, 08:38 PM
The Quarterback With The Most, "Big Play," Ability Is Going To Win The Starting Job.

You put that out there like it's a fact or a quote from Rex. It's neither.

The QB who makes the fewest bad plays is going to win the starting job.

To paraphrase Rex, the Bills need the guy who knows the playbook well enough to check down to the correct running play. He was clearly referring to Cassel.

That's why Cassel is getting the most first team reps, and that's why he will be the starter.

Rex knows he has a pile of excrement at QB. He's dealt with that for his entire career as a HC. Clearly his strategy is winning with Defense, a running game and smart, unspectacular passes.

djjimkelly
08-05-2015, 08:44 PM
what happens when matt simms wins the job lol?

Mr. Miyagi
08-05-2015, 11:45 PM
So who said EJ had another bad day at camp? Is this from BillsImpossible?

Topas
08-06-2015, 02:47 AM
Interesting discussion. Will Rex start the game manager that does not loose games (Matt 'Trent Dilfer'-Cassel) or the strong armed inaccurate big play QB that makes more mistakes (presumably Taylor).

You can argue for both. With our D and with our hopefully good running game we only need a QB and if he makes less mistakes than the big-play guy, it is an easy choice.
But I am actually with the original poster.

A big play guy that can extend plays with his feet and is good for one or two deep passes per game will keep the defense on their heels. And that will make life much easier for our running game. Given that he does not fumble a lot and that the interceptions are the same length as also a punt would have been, I vote for the big-play threat.

But I am biased anyway. If you go back I voted for Tyrod as a starter right after we signed him.

Yasgur's Farm
08-06-2015, 05:25 AM
So who said EJ had another bad day at camp? Is this from BillsImpossible?EJ did not have another bad day...

Generalissimus Gibby
08-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Forget the ****ing love affair with "big plays." The strength of this team is the D, and on offense a very good stable of RBs. That means that for us to be successful we need a very boring brand of football where we control the rock 30 to 40 minutes a game, tire out the opposing D, don't commit stupid penalties, don't commit turnovers, always make sure your trips to the redzone end in at least 3, and be sure to score at least 6 between 40 and 60 percent of the time. Sure, I want to be able to stretch the field on occassion, but I do not want our QBs to have to be in the position that they have to win the football game, I just don't want them to lose.

Topas
08-06-2015, 03:17 PM
I agree with you. I dont want the long pass to be our plan A. But completing two long passes per game will do wonders for your run game.
We could be succesful with a game plan that goes: run run run run run run bomb run run run run run run run run run run run run bomb ...

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you. I dont want the long pass to be our plan A. But completing two long passes per game will do wonders for your run game.
We could be succesful with a game plan that goes: run run run run run run bomb run run run run run run run run run run run run bomb ...

mightysimi
08-07-2015, 10:46 AM
They have to at least try to stretch the field once in a while because if the Gailey era taught us one thing is that never/rarely going deep just means the corners will be jumping all the short routes and stiffle the O.

Mr. Pink
08-07-2015, 11:22 AM
EJ is a dumpster fire.

Whenever the Bills finally cut ties with him, he'll be out of the league.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Tyrod and Cassel seem to be the front runners.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-07-2015, 02:15 PM
They have to at least try to stretch the field once in a while because if the Gailey era taught us one thing is that never/rarely going deep just means the corners will be jumping all the short routes and stiffle the O.

Forgive me, I do occassionally JP Losman flashbacks. Yeah, JP had a cannon of an arm and with sweet Lee man could he throw a beauty of a downfield spiral. Unfortunately at medium range (10 to 20 yard passes) where football games are won and lost he either dithered way too long and then either threw a gawd awful pick that literally caused your head to hurt, or he would fumble the ball. As for the Gailey era, yes I remember that too, especially after Fitzpicksix got figured out and people realized that it was physically impossible for him to complete a pass of longer than five yards. I do agree with the need to run, run, dink for seven, first down, run, and then play action bomb for 40 for TD or Redzone and then run, dink, run, 6. However, I do not want a QB who can go long or int/inc and that is it. Just get me a qb who is medium range 10 to 20 every time and every now and again 40 to 60 for a TD, in other words a competent QB.

Now about EJ, it has been said over the course of his pro and semi pro (college) career that he could make nice throws to the side lines but never utilized or performed poorly over the middle of the field, has this changed this camp? I do live in KC and have not really had that much time to follow Bills camp so does anyone know has he shown any improvement over years' past in this regard?

better days
08-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Forgive me, I do occassionally JP Losman flashbacks. Yeah, JP had a cannon of an arm and with sweet Lee man could he throw a beauty of a downfield spiral. Unfortunately at medium range (10 to 20 yard passes) where football games are won and lost he either dithered way too long and then either threw a gawd awful pick that literally caused your head to hurt, or he would fumble the ball. As for the Gailey era, yes I remember that too, especially after Fitzpicksix got figured out and people realized that it was physically impossible for him to complete a pass of longer than five yards. I do agree with the need to run, run, dink for seven, first down, run, and then play action bomb for 40 for TD or Redzone and then run, dink, run, 6. However, I do not want a QB who can go long or int/inc and that is it. Just get me a qb who is medium range 10 to 20 every time and every now and again 40 to 60 for a TD, in other words a competent QB.

Now about EJ, it has been said over the course of his pro and semi pro (college) career that he could make nice throws to the side lines but never utilized or performed poorly over the middle of the field, has this changed this camp? I do live in KC and have not really had that much time to follow Bills camp so does anyone know has he shown any improvement over years' past in this regard?

EJ has still been inconsistent, but so have Cassel & Taylor.

Both EJ & Taylor have the arm to throw in the wind in Buffalo, but it looks like Cassel does not have the arm.

ticatfan
08-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Can then all and start over.

better days
08-10-2015, 11:03 AM
How can you see the keyboard with your head so far up EJ's ass?

I have said I don't care if it is EJ, Tyrod or even Cassel that wins the starting job as long as the best man wins.

And after the scrimmage Saturday night, Rex singled out EJ as the only QB he was impressed by.

All the EJ HATERS will look like the fools they are when EJ wins the starting job.

WagonCircler
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I have said I don't care if it is EJ, Tyrod or even Cassel that wins the starting job as long as the best man wins.

And after the scrimmage Saturday night, Rex singled out EJ as the only QB he was impressed by.

All the EJ HATERS will look like the fools they are when EJ wins the starting job.

First of all, even if you DID say that you don't care, your billions of posts make it clear that you were lying.

And secondly, EJ "won the starting job" last year, and we "haters" saw how that turned out.

Enjoy the short time he has left in this league. For EJ, NFL definitely means NOT FOR LONG.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Can I kill this thread with Ryan's quote today. He said that the "most consistant" guy is winning the job.

As a side note Cassel had his best day of camp and says his confidence is building around his foot.

FYI....

Saratoga Slim
08-10-2015, 03:56 PM
You had me until the part about cutting Cassel AND Manuel and letting Simms be the backup. That's baloney.

better days
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
First of all, even if you DID say that you don't care, your billions of posts licking EJ's sack make it clear that you were lying.

And secondly, EJ "won the starting job" last year, and we "haters" saw how that turned out.

Face it, your boyfriend sucks balls. Enjoy the short time he has left in this league. For EJ, NFL definitely means NOT FOR LONG.

I have defended EJ from the ridiculous HATE.

But this year, with the arrival of Taylor & Cassel, the only thing negative I have said about either of them,is that Cassel is mediocre & old.

I would prefer EJ or Tyrod win the job for that reason.

WagonCircler
08-10-2015, 06:39 PM
He "won the starting job" last year.

How'd that work out?

better days
08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
He "won the starting job" last year.

How'd that work out?

The Bills have a REAL Coach this year.

We will see how it works out with good coaching & a REAL NFL offense.

WagonCircler
08-10-2015, 06:44 PM

Is that "real coach" going to throw that passes for EJ? Because EJ couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Face it, your boyfriend is a BUST. No accuracy = no career.

WagonCircler
08-10-2015, 06:47 PM

By the way...which QBs did the real coach bring to Buffalo? I know it was 3 out of the four on the roster.

Was EJ one of them?

swiper
08-11-2015, 05:08 AM
Matt Cassel throws 3 TDs in camp at yesterday's practice. He's fired up, asking to play the entire game on Friday. And, of course, there is no love here for him. This b/c you'd have to wade through the Manuel-lovers to find it.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Cassel-would-like-to-play-the-whole-game/21844087

I guess his rating must be up over 150 by Yasgur's standards. :lol: I mean, after all, Manuel went 5 for 11 in the scrimmage and had a rating of 109 so Yasgur anoints him the starter. LOL.

LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Camp-Highlight-Cassel-Long-Touchdown-to-Watkins/0cc6f8d7-c745-463c-8e16-9e38b54f624f) to Sammy TD pass.

LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Camp_Highlight_Cassel_Long_Pass_to_Clay/410a6e45-a381-4ba7-9bee-97f75ef68712)

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2015, 05:08 AM
Cleaned it up... Points will be issued next time.

swiper
08-11-2015, 05:12 AM
As we all express our opinions about the QB we prefer, Matt Cassel explains the challenges going on for all 3 QBs in this particular camp:

Cassel on why consistency hasn’t shown up yet (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/08/10/cassel-on-why-consistency-hasnt-show-up-yet/)

<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(0, 30, 52);">Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2015-08-10T17:28:37-0400" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; border-color: initial; cursor: pointer;">August 10, 2015 – 5:28 pm </abbr></small>

Rex Ryan and his offensive staff are waiting to see day-after-day consistency from their quarterbacks in the three-man competition. To this point in camp it hasn’t revealed itself. Ryan is being patient knowing it’s early in camp. He’s also being patient for a couple of other important reasons.

First and foremost the offense is going against one of the top defenses in the league every day in practice, although Monday saw some of the best pass protection by the first unit all camp. The other point to remember is this offense is a new system for all three quarterbacks and is as varied and multiple as any in the NFL.

“I feel like it has been a little bit of back and forth,” said Matt Cassel of the quarterback competition. “And I think it has been back and forth in terms of offense. We have had production one day and the next day the defense does a good job. Its been more back and forth in that manner.

“And then when we go in we review the film and to correct those mistakes that you made and build on the successes you had and the things you did right. And that is what this time of year is built for, for everybody. I think it is one of those things you come out, you get repetitions and at the same time we are all learning. There is a lot of install going on and again this is only our third, fourth time going through all of this since spring.

“It’s a new offense so there are going to be mistakes that will inevitably happen. But its about correcting those things and like you said becoming more consistent.”

When the consistency kicks in is anyone’s guess, but new offenses, especially ones with a lot of new pieces like the Bills have (McCoy, Clay, Harvin, Incognito, Miller, Cassel, Taylor) take time to jell.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/08/10/cassel-on-why-consistency-hasnt-show-up-yet/

Night Train
08-11-2015, 07:24 AM
The QB who will keep the turnovers down will win the job. This is why I believe Manuel will not start. Still too erratic.

They wish to see more from Taylor but Cassel is the clear #1 for now... since they will run the ball a ton and Cassel can hit play action passes short to medium range.

In addition, knowing the playbook, reading defenses and having command in the huddle. The players probably trust Cassel the most right now. Taylor must impress to change their minds.

better days
08-11-2015, 07:27 AM
First of all, even if you DID say that you don't care, your billions of posts make it clear that you were lying.

Enjoy the short time he has left in this league. For EJ, NFL definitely means NOT FOR LONG.

Billions of posts?

In the first place, all I have ever said about EJ is that 14 games is not enough time to judge him.

But when EJ was drafted, I wanted the Bills to draft Mike Glennon, not EJ.

It is not like I have ever said EJ will be a great QB.

But EJ does have the size & work ethic you would want in a QB.

In addition, EJ is a great guy, the type of person you want to root for to succeed.

But you are the person lying when you say I am all about EJ winning the job.

As I said before, I really don't care who wins the starting QB job, let the best man win.

WagonCircler
08-11-2015, 08:36 AM
As we all express our opinions about the QB we prefer, Matt Cassel explains the challenges going on for all 3 QBs in this particular camp:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/08/10/cassel-on-why-consistency-hasnt-show-up-yet/

Cassel sounds like a pretty smart guy.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-11-2015, 09:04 AM
EJ didn't win the job last year. He was GIVEN the job and the management at the end of the camp found they must bring in Orton.

cookie G
08-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Cassel sounds like a pretty smart guy.

Smart enough to hang around in the league being as bad as he is.

HAMMER
08-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Have you watched the Jets the last few years? The similarities to the situation in Buffalo now are uncanny. Expect more of the same, nail biters with offensive ineptitude.

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Matt Cassel throws 3 TDs in camp at yesterday's practice. He's fired up, asking to play the entire game on Friday. And, of course, there is no love here for him. This b/c you'd have to wade through the Manuel-lovers to find it.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Cassel-would-like-to-play-the-whole-game/21844087

I guess his rating must be up over 150 by Yasgur's standards. :lol: I mean, after all, Manuel went 5 for 11 in the scrimmage and had a rating of 109 so Yasgur anoints him the starter. LOL.

LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Camp-Highlight-Cassel-Long-Touchdown-to-Watkins/0cc6f8d7-c745-463c-8e16-9e38b54f624f) to Sammy TD pass.

LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Camp_Highlight_Cassel_Long_Pass_to_Clay/410a6e45-a381-4ba7-9bee-97f75ef68712)It's the NFL's rating system...Not mine. Feel free to ignore it if you like.

BTW... My preference is anybody but Cassel.

WagonCircler
08-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Smart enough to hang around in the league being as bad as he is.

And yet, he's still might years better than EJ.

better days
08-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Have you watched the Jets the last few years? The similarities to the situation in Buffalo now are uncanny. Expect more of the same, nail biters with offensive ineptitude.

I did watch the Jets the last few years.

I also watched them when they had better players the first two years Rex was there.

And does anyone think Sanchez was better than the Bills QB's are?

Yasgur's Farm
08-11-2015, 11:16 AM
And yet, he's still might years better than EJ.Stats and win percentage say differently.

swiper
08-11-2015, 11:35 AM
It's the NFL's rating system...Not mine. Feel free to ignore it if you like.

BTW... My preference is anybody but Cassel.

It's worthless when used on 11 passes. Never take a statistics course?

swiper
08-11-2015, 11:36 AM

Ummm. Yes. And it's so far yes as to make it a stupid question to ask.

better days
08-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Ummm. Yes. And it's so far yes as to make it a stupid question to ask.

His Rookie year, Sanchez threw 12 TD's & 20 INT's a cmp% of 53.8%

His 2nd year, Sanchez threw 17 TD's & 13 INT's a cmp% of 54.8%

EJ his rookie year threw 11 TD's & 9 INT's a cmp% of 58.8%

EJ in year 2 threw 5 TD's & 3 INT's a cmp% of 58.0%

Your answer is far more stupid than the question.

cookie G
08-11-2015, 02:36 PM
And yet, he's still might years better than EJ.

That's a strange definition of light year (unless you really meant Might).

Cassel stats:

Last 30 games- 4 years (after being in the league 6 years)

191 yd./game
below 60% comp. percentage
30 tds, 34 ints
13 fumbles

Manuel

14 games

200 yd/game
58.6% comp. percentage
16 tds, 12 ints
7 fumbles

HHURRICANE
08-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Repeat after me:

Cassel is the starter, Caseel is the starter, Cassel is the starter, Cassel is the starter...

The rep count is already moving in that direction. Rex Ryan is not stupid. He wants to win and he's not taking chances with Tyrod or EJ.

Nobody will blame him if he starts Cassel. If he struggles than he can pull out either one of the other lesser option. We are definately in QB prugatory.

better days
08-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Repeat after me:

Cassel is the starter, Caseel is the starter, Cassel is the starter, Cassel is the starter...

The rep count is already moving in that direction. Rex Ryan is not stupid. He wants to win and he's not taking chances with Tyrod or EJ.

Nobody will blame him if he starts Cassel. If he struggles than he can pull out either one of the other lesser option. We are definately in QB prugatory.

I agree, Rex wants to win NOW.

And IF Rex thinks Cassel gives the Bills the best chance to win, Cassel will be the starter.

But I don't think it has been determined yet which QB will give the Bills the best chance to win.

swiper
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM
His Rookie year, Sanchez threw 12 TD's & 20 INT's a cmp% of 53.8%

His 2nd year, Sanchez threw 17 TD's & 13 INT's a cmp% of 54.8%

EJ his rookie year threw 11 TD's & 9 INT's a cmp% of 58.8%

EJ in year 2 threw 5 TD's & 3 INT's a cmp% of 58.0%

Your answer is far more stupid than the question.

Umm. No it's not. You are misunderstanding, again, to be polite. I would rather take Sanchez of RIGHT NOW than Manuel. I never said I would take the rookie Sanhez over Manuel. Mainly because you can't do that.
So to clarify it, for the neanderthals among us, Sanchez of right now >>> EJ Manuel.

better days
08-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Umm. No it's not. You are misunderstanding, again, to be polite. I would rather take Sanchez of RIGHT NOW than Manuel. I never said I would take the rookie Sanhez over Manuel. Mainly because you can't do that.
So to clarify it, for the neanderthals among us, Sanchez of right now >>> EJ Manuel.

To CLARIFY, I asked if anyone thought Sanchez WAS, as in the two years the Jets made the playoffs, a better QB than any of the Bills QB's now.

I was NOT comparing Sanchez TODAY to the Bills QB's today.

LEARN to read.

And to clarify for those that can't read, If I wanted to compare Sanchez TODAY to the Bills QB's I would have asked does anyone think Sanchez IS a better QB than the Bills QB's, NOT WAS.

Yasgur's Farm
08-12-2015, 11:18 AM
2009 thru 2012 Sanchez was not better than 2014 EJ or Cassel... 2014 Sanchez was.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

better days
08-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I did watch the Jets the last few years.

I also watched them when they had better players the first two years Rex was there.

Well, this is the ENTIRE post Swiper responded to.

Looks like Einstein can't read.

To clarify, anyone that can read should be able to determine I was comparing Sanchez of those two years to the Bills QB's, NOT Sanchez TODAY.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2015, 12:39 PM
A coach who wants to win now is going to go to the QB who has shown he has the ability to win in the NFL.

While Cassel is middling he has had a couple of successive seasons. EJ has had two poor seasons. Tyrod is a benchwarmer.

So just based on win now...who's the QB?