Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 8/6/2015 (And Photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 8/6/2015 (And Photos)

It was Day 6 of Buffalo Bills at St. John Fisher College. The players practiced in full pads again with some limited contact. The team worked on several different drills. As always they start out with their individual drills and 1-on-1's. But the team also spent extra time working on the 11-on-11, doing some 2-minute drills and red zone offense. The special teams focused on punting and punt coverage for the day.

I'm going to jump ahead to the 11-on-11 drill. Both EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel started out with the starters. LeSean McCoy was back on the field and started right off with a run up the middle for 4-yards. EJ Manuel then threw a pass to Justin Brown for 16-yards. On the next play, Manuel dumped the ball off to McCoy for 12-yards. Fred Jackson then ran the ball around the left tackle for 8-yards. Matt Cassel then came in and threw a screen to Jerome Felton for 5-yards. On the next play, Bryce Brown was stuffed by Alex Carrington. He then ran up the middle for 3-yards. McCoy then ran behind the right guard for 6-yards. He then took the ball on the next play and took the ball to the outside, showing off his speed and he gained 20-yards. He might've gained even more than that. Tyrod Taylor then had his first pass attempt and overthrew Sammy Watkins.

Following the 11-on-11 drills, the lines went over to the other field while the offense worked on some 1-on-1's. I didn't take a play by play, I was taking photos. But I took a few notes down. On the negative side, both Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel were intercepted. The interesting thing is that both plays were intended for Deonte Thompson. Cassel was intercepted by Nickell Roby, while Manuel was intercepted by Ron Brooks. Both of the defensive backs made great plays on the ball and ripped it out of Thompson's hands. The other two things I noticed were two beautiful passes by EJ Manuel. He started out with a pretty looking 50-yard touchdown pass to Chris Hogan. He later threw a nice 50-yard bomb to Andre Davis..... CLICK FOR MORE:
    Last edited by Michael82; 08-06-2015, 05:48 PM.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 8/6/2015 (And Photos)

My gallery link is at the top...but here's a short slideshow of some of them....

Mikey82_photos's 08-06-15 Thursday Morning album on Photobucket

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Any comments? EJ haters? Although I will say in the bit I saw of Taylor, he looked good too.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

I heard to get to that bomb to davis happened after a sack and after they had to go for it on fourth down. Not promising since that's a punt in the regular season.

Comment

• Topas
          German smartass
          • Feb 2014

Thanks Michael, much appreciated.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

ty bro for the recap

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Michael82 View Post
              Any comments? EJ haters? Although I will say in the bit I saw of Taylor, he looked good too.
              OK so you posted a great report and then spoil it by showing a bias toward EJ? What can we believe?

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Nice report, grats!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                  OK so you posted a great report and then spoil it by showing a bias toward EJ? What can we believe?
                  Sorry, that was a little uncalled for. I'm just happy that EJ had a good day. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                    I heard to get to that bomb to davis happened after a sack and after they had to go for it on fourth down. Not promising since that's a punt in the regular season.
                    Well, Marrone is gone, thank GOD.

The Bills may go for it on 4th down on occasion this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X