PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin, Manuel, Dixon....

k-oneputt
08-06-2015, 08:14 PM
these guys are on notice.

I don't think any of them are on the team come Sept.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Mckelvin will be for sure

The King
08-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Ever since that fumble in the Patriots game I have really disliked Leodis. He's a good athlete but he's just not smart. He's basically playing for the Nickel slot and I like Robey there better.

trapezeus
08-07-2015, 06:47 AM
dixon is a special teamer. unless something has dramatically changed in the way the bills value ST contributions with the new regime, i think they have patience for dixon to return.

Manuel may be hated by fans and at the turning point, but he's on the team. he's a rookie contract. and more importantly, cassel and durable are not often said in combination. even if manuel doesn't win, there is no way you can let him go with a cheap contract. the same is true in reverse. if manuel wins, it's hard to let cassel go. Manuel isn't unbreakable. but cassel has a crazy contract. if there is an injury elsewhere and the bills need to bring in another player, perhaps cassel goes if tyrod seems servicable.

and i agree, mckelvin is done. with darby being as good as he's been early, mckelvin will rush back, and he'll look like a shell of his formerself. That being said, do we have the depth to not be patient for mckelvin?

GreedoII
08-07-2015, 07:28 AM
Mckelvin...another terrible draft pick from the disastrous Jauron/Levy era...

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Mckelvin was great last year.

Whats wrong with the pick?

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2015, 08:21 AM
I don't know why everyone is dumping on EJ. By all accounts I've heard and read, he's been the best QB by far out of the 3. Cassel is consistently mediocre, missing people left and right. Taylor shows flashes and people are intrigued by his few big runs, but he's a gadget guy at best. I'd roll with EJ.

GvilleBills
08-07-2015, 08:22 AM
I think McKelvin should get a look at Safety before hitting the scrap pile. He's better with the play in front of him.
His issue has always been getting his head turned around, and the ball skills to do something when he did.

coastal
08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
McKelvin has been our best DB for like the last 5 years.

just don't understand the hate

MillsapsBillsFan
08-07-2015, 10:16 AM
I think that all three are on the team come september...

Dixon is a core special teamer. Bryce Brown gets cut before he does, because Bryce doesnt contribute at RB or on Special Teams. The only way I can see Dixon getting cut is if they decide that Karlos Williams can replace Boobie as a special teamer (Guess thats a possibility).

McKelvin is still one of the top DB's on this team. He may be made of glass, but I have a hard time believing they cut him even though Darby has stepped up so much. Only way he gets cut is if he comes back from the injury and he just cant hack it, dont see that happening even with the depth we have.

EJ will not get cut. Its insane to even say that at this point. The QB race is still right there and I believe (espcially considering that EJ and Tyrod have looked better than Cassel, who has been consistently below average) if the race continues the way it has been that Cassel is the one who gets cut. EJ is on a rookie contract and Tyrod is on a small contract, if theyre all equal in terms of performance Cassel is the outlier.

Mr. Pink
08-07-2015, 10:41 AM
McKelvin is garbage and should have been gone a few years ago.

He should have never been here beyond his rookie contract.

But of course, this is the Bills who valued people who could contribute on special teams over what they could do in their natural position.

Edward Robinson
08-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Not sure what game some people on this board is watching everyweek. Mckelvin a very good corner. Especially as a #2. He was a little raw coming out of Troy. He is a excellent returner as well. Yes he had the killler fumble vs NewEngland but I also remember killer returners for touchdowns as well.

I personally felt that that Mckelvin before he got hurt was playing just as well or better than A. Cromartie or Patrick Peterson. Go look at the tape if you want to agure

He will get cut next year if he doesnt take a salary reduction, but he will be on this team for sure this year.

BillsImpossible
08-07-2015, 07:33 PM
McKelvin has been our best DB for like the last 5 years.

just don't understand the hate

It's not hate, it's just reality. 2 broken ankles within the past 10 years. McKelvin broke his ankle bone in college.

He broke his ankle again last year, and recently aggravated the injury.

Darby has been playing exceptionally well for a rookie cornerback.

Mario Butler has been playing good football too.

Leodis McKelvin is going to be a cap casualty.

Oaf
08-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Gilmore is the real liability of the back four, not post-Pettine McKelvin. Guy can't cover without playing grab-ass w/ the WRs.

Night Train
08-08-2015, 04:21 AM
these guys are on notice.

I don't think any of them are on the team come Sept.

Manuel is on his rookie contract making nothing. The other 2 may go on IR for a short time.

k-oneputt
08-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Manuel is on his rookie contract making nothing. The other 2 may go on IR for a short time.

True he makes nothing but also does nothing well.
As mentioned, cap casualty with mckelvin and injury history doesn't bode well.
Dixon is caught in a numbers game at rb. I don't know how long they will wait on him.

better days
08-08-2015, 09:16 AM
True he makes nothing but also does nothing well.
As mentioned, cap casualty with mckelvin and injury history doesn't bode well.
Dixon is caught in a numbers game at rb. I don't know how long they will wait on him.

Dixon is also a special teams player.

If he is cut, whoever replaces him better be able to play special teams as well as he does.

k-oneputt
08-08-2015, 10:53 AM
He's already on the roster, draft pick Karlos Williams.

swiper
08-08-2015, 12:04 PM
People seem to forget that Boobie Dixon played for Greg Roman in San Francisco. With a new blocking scheme and a new line, he's going to get another chance to show his stuff again under Roman as a Bill.