PDA

View Full Version : Good NHL players out of work

swiper
08-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal (http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Centre+Derek+still+looking+post+Oilers/11268812/story.html): Derek Roy’s days with the Oilers basically ended when the Oilers won the draft lottery, even though he helped get Nail Yakupov going. With training camp about six weeks away, Roy is still looking for work. Others still looking for work include Jarret Stoll, Cody Franson, Keith Aulie, Christian Ehrhoff, Scottie Upshall, Jiri Tlusty and Brad Boyes. Roy’s agent said that age (32) and size (5′ 9″, 184 lbs) may be a stumbling block for some teams.

“It’s been very quiet for Derek but there’s quite a few players looking … there’s probably 15 players (currently unsigned) who should be in the league,” said Hooper.

“I think lots of teams are evaluating what they’ve got in their own system. Others have cap issues.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Centre+Derek+still+looking+post+Oilers/11268812/story.html

JATMtheJATM
08-07-2015, 05:43 PM
I always liked roy. Good little hockey player for mamy years.

swiper
08-08-2015, 06:05 AM
I think the teams refusing to sign these 15 players to this point is a way the league is controlling salaries of middling veterans.

JATMtheJATM
08-08-2015, 12:50 PM
I think some of these guys are marginal hockey players that can be replaced by younger, cheaper players. So yeah, like you said

The Jokeman
08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I'd love Ehroff back, sure we over paid for him when he was here but he is still an above average Dman that think could easily make our top 4 and give us the left hand shot we want/need. Yet the Sabres aren't playing for 2015. So not sure they'll sign anyone unless they bring Andrej Meszaros back.

JATMtheJATM
08-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I'd love Ehroff back, sure we over paid for him when he was here but he is still an above average Dman that think could easily make our top 4 and give us the left hand shot we want/need. Yet the Sabres aren't playing for 2015. So not sure they'll sign anyone unless they bring Andrej Meszaros back.

Ehrhoff wasn't happy in buffalo.