PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News: Eric Wood reacts to criticism by Joe Buscaglia

swiper
08-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Wood bristled when asked a question about how much attention he pays to any outside criticism he receives, then referred to an article written by WKBW’s Joe Buscaglia on Wednesday.

In the article, Buscaglia wrote that “since the beginning of the 2014 season, the play of Wood – to be blunt – has not been good enough” and then documented some of the center’s struggles during one-on-one pass-rushing drills during Wednesday’s practice.

Wood, who claimed to have learned of the column via a Twitter link someone sent him, said he found the article “really funny.”

“Talking about how many one-on-one pass-rush drills I’ve lost, I’ll just let him hold that opinion,” Wood said. “I’m not even going to get into it, because that would make it seem like it was bothering me, but it’s not.”

Wood professes to be his own toughest critic. That was apparent at the end of last season, when he talked about how the only spot on the roster he was worried about was his own.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/06/bills-wood-unfazed-by-outside-critics/

swiper
08-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Hopefully bolstering the guards and getting a better scheme and set of coaches, Wood will return to the form he displayed before his 2011 injury.

Night Train
08-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Joe B. is right.

Maybe all the leg injuries have caught up to him but he struggles to anchor.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Wood's play has declined for a few years now.

He has never played at a Pro Bowl level.

For that matter, he has not even played up to the level of his contract.

If the Bills had a viable alternative, he would be cut because of his contract.

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Joe Buscaglia is turning out to be a troll like Sullivan.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Yes, that is what Buffalo needs more homers. Sal, John Murphy and others are not enough.

swiper
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Yes, that is what Buffalo needs more homers. Sal, John Murphy and others are not enough.

Chris Brown

BillsImpossible
08-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Wood's play has declined for a few years now.

He has never played at a Pro Bowl level.

For that matter, he has not even played up to the level of his contract.

If the Bills had a viable alternative, he would be cut because of his contract.

The interior of the Bills offensive line has not been good for years.

The guard positions have been like a revolving door for way too long.

Wood has never had the luxury of playing next to a Pro Bowl guard. If he did have that luxury, he would have probably been selected to the Pro Bowl by now.

Throughout his entire career, Eric Wood has been playing next to the Kraig Urbik's, Doug Legurski's, and Chris Williams' of the NFL world.

I think the additions of Incognito and Miller will be the best talent Wood has ever played next to on both sides.

Mace
08-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm still not worried about Wood, if in the back of my mind I still wonder if he wouldn't have been a better guard than center, though he'll have a line around him now. And I don't worry about Buscaglia pointing out the obvious, would have been worse if he talked up Wood doing poorly, even early in camp. And I'm thinking Wood being bothered and pretending to not be bothered will only put a chip on his shoulder that maybe he needs to have in a rushing offense.

It all looks fine to me.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Chris Brown

"You and me are pals eh Bills?..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2015, 06:53 PM
And I'm thinking Wood being bothered and pretending to not be bothered will only put a chip on his shoulder that maybe he needs to have in a rushing offense.

Wood was my favourite Bills player for his first couple of years but what Wood needs is not a chip on his shoulder but 10 lb chips on each of his butt cheeks. He has always been a little too light below the waist to be an elite Centre.

DetDannyWilliams
08-07-2015, 06:57 PM
news ratings

1) WGRZ
2) WIVB
3) WKBW

any :question:

BillsImpossible
08-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Wood vs. Suh.

Bills won against Detroit last year. Barely.

Thanks to 3 missed field goals. How did Wood play that game? Anyone remember?

Wood and his new crew at the guard positions are going to face Suh twice this year.

I have a gut feeling that Incognito, Wood, and Miller are going to dominate that boy named Suh, and sweep the Dolphins off the AFC East Ship.

Boomstick
08-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Wood vs. Suh.

Wood and his new crew at the guard positions are going to face Suh twice this year.

I have a gut feeling that Incognito, Wood, and Miller are going to dominate that boy named Suh, and sweep the Dolphins off the AFC East Ship.

You'd get the "thank" from me just for the Johnny Cash reference... however you're right about Wood playing pretty goo against Suh last year.

better days
08-07-2015, 08:57 PM

EXACTLY WHO are the others?

And Sal has been critical of EJ, so I don't think you can call him a HOMER.

swiper
08-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Wood vs. Suh.

I clearly remember Khalil Mack making him look terrible.

sudzy
08-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Joe Buscaglia is turning out to be a troll like Sullivan.

Why? Because, he makes an observation that's not flattering and talks about it? I like reading stories about what people are really seeing at Bills camp. Not all the powder puff crap. EJ posed for big year, Goodwin looking to burn defenses, Torell Troup having great camp.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Why? Because, he makes an observation that's not flattering and talks about it? I like reading stories about what people are really seeing at Bills camp. Not all the powder puff crap. EJ posed for big year, Goodwin looking to burn defenses, Torell Troup having great camp.

I agree! And Woods deserves the criticism...it should make him play better.

better days
08-08-2015, 09:41 AM
I agree! And Woods deserves the criticism...it should make him play better.

Wood may deserve criticism, but Woods does not.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-08-2015, 09:43 AM
I clearly remember Khalil Mack making him look terrible.

Mack is an OLB, how many times was he matched up against Wood?

DetDannyWilliams
08-08-2015, 12:19 PM
here's how Buscaglia got to become sports anchor at Channel 7

Buscaglia frequently has been seen inside Channel 7 and had a tryout on the anchor desk that went very well.The station also hasn’t replaced Jeff Russo – who left his job as sports director almost two months ago to become a news anchor – on its sports team that now consists of Shawn Stepner and Nick Filipowski.
Stepner has taken Russo’s role, with Buscaglia expected to fill Stepner’s position.
The news could be a blow to WGR, especially since Buscaglia annually leads its coverage (http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/alan-pergament/wgrs-joe-buscaglia-is-well-suited-for-his-work-20130929) of the upcoming National Football League draft. However, Channel 7 could allow him to do freelance work for WGR if the sports station is interested and if it is willing to identify him as working for Channel 7.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/03/03/wgrs-buscaglia-expected-join-ch-7-sports-team-shortly/

Ginger Vitis
08-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Hey DDW get over it.. Buscaglia is right