PDA

View Full Version : Compare Moulds to Reed

NC-BILLS44
07-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Reed has the total numbers, but I think Moulds is a better receiver overall and will surpass Reed's statistics. What do you think?

Reed Catches - 951 Yds - 13198 Avg - 13.9 Tds - 87 Yrs 16
Moulds Catches -442 Yds - 6452 Avg - 14.6 Tds - 39 Yrs 7

Plus: Moulds is a great blocker, just ask Zach Thomas!!!

ryven
07-22-2003, 02:07 PM
It could happen, but no matter the out come there both great WR hands down.

Pride
07-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Moulds is the game breaker that Andre never really was... Who would I choose for my team? Moulds. He is level headed and can beat a team by himself. I dont think you could say the same for Reed.

WG
07-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I agree Pride.

Reed's strength was longetivity, not per annum performance.

Here's a link to his career:

http://profootball-reference.com/players/ReedAn00.htm

If you take an aggregate look, most of those 16 seasons aren't really that impressive at all. I think we tend to overrate him b/c he was on the "Glory Years" teams and played in games like the Houston Comeback game.

But of 16 seasons, only 1 in double-digit TDs, only 4 over 1,000, and only 7 over 900.

Big deal. If his career had been 6 seasons shorter, he wouldn't have been nearly as highly regarded w/o the "career" yards. He averaged 824 yards per season and only 5 TDs.

Doc
07-22-2003, 03:44 PM
He was a 7-time Pro Bowler. Obviously there was more to it than just us homer fans propping him up. If Moulds can keep up his production for another 4 years, he can lay claim to being the best Bill WR.

LtBillsFan66
07-22-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Doc
He was a 7-time Pro Bowler. Obviously there was more to it than just us homer fans propping him up. If Moulds can keep up his production for another 4 years, he can lay claim to being the best Bill WR.

I guess these guys just remember the recent.

The_Philster
07-22-2003, 04:11 PM
Here, here :bf1:
Moulds may be well on his way to surpassing Andre but that can't be judged now.
We also have to consider that the ball was spread around more back in Andre's day as far as why he didn't make as many catches as Eric does now. Kelly had a comfort level with a lot of players on those Super Bowl teams.
Flutie locked onto Eric because they played basketball together and knew his moves. RJ and AVP locked onto him because Andre was getting up in years and after he retired, they had to get more used to Peerless. Bledose locked onto both Eric and Peerless and I'm seeing Eric getting close to the same numbers as he did last year...only because passes will be throw less often and Drew will still be working with Reed and whomever gets the #3 spot. If we throw as much this year as we did last year, I think Eric would surpass his totals from 2002. Once Drew gets into that comfort zone with a few more receivers, Eric's catches should go down.

Jan Reimers
07-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Andre Reed is the best receiver in Bills history, and should go into the Hall of Fame. Eric is great, too, and with time, should surpass Andre.