PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest....EJ got screwed in Buffalo.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I've been pretty tough on EJ but if you look at his play the last two years it wasn't awful. I think if he showed up on the right team I think his play and confidence could have been coached up.

This three way competition for him is a loser all the way. He was doomed from the get go. I actually feel bad for him.

better days
08-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Sal said EJ had two good days in a row, Thursday & Friday.

Tonight's scrimmage is important for all three QB's.

Night Train
08-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Sal said EJ had two good days in a row, Thursday & Friday.

Tonight's scrimmage is important for all three QB's.

No offense to Sal but I was there both days. He did hit some nice passes but shorted a lot of them also. Taylor was far better.

better days
08-08-2015, 09:33 AM
No offense to Sal but I was there both days. He did hit some nice passes but shorted a lot of them also. Taylor was far better.

Sal has been critical of EJ & has Cassel & Taylor ahead of him.

Sal is not an EJ fan, so for him to say EJ had two good days in a row says to me EJ is not as bad as some people think.

Are you going to the scrimmage tonight?

I would love to hear your report if you do.

Meathead
08-08-2015, 10:51 AM
still utterly amazed they didnt get a qb coach for him right out of the chute. how can you possibly defend that non-move? you got a guy who has never been an oc in the nfl, a brand new highly drafted qb you knew was a project to begin with, and youre NOT going to hire a qb coach thirty seconds after you draft him?!?

i said at the time that seemed like a massive coaching arrogance mistake. little did i realize mr maroon would turn out to be one of the most arrogant coaches weve ever seen. so in hindsight, no big surprise

so in some ways this really is just ejs second season. unfortunate for him that excuse cant fly, he needs to show it this season or hes probably headed for the mark sanchez section

Meathead
08-08-2015, 10:56 AM
btw i have nothing against sal like some ppl do. its impressive that he came into town without a job, knew exactly what he wanted, and then in pretty short order went out and made it happen

still, its a little confounding how hes become sort of the defacto football xs and os expert around town. this city sort of views him like he spent years as a professional football coach when he really has done none of that. im no expert and i hear him making mistakes. no big deal bc everybody makes mistakes, but when you bring him into a radio spot like hes been a nfl position coach for ten years it feels pretty silly that he makes common fan errors

justasportsfan
08-08-2015, 11:37 AM
EJ is who people thought he was. A project that we reached for when we drafted him. We however did not develop the project the way a project should be developed. He was thrown to the wolves by a head coach who was nothing more than an OL coach who I'm not even sure is a good OL coach in the NFL lebel.

Captain gameboy
08-08-2015, 11:47 AM
EJ has been screwed by nobody.

His problem is that he misses open receivers. That is his issue, and not the result of anything Bills related.

Everyone is rooting for him, but if he fails, it has nothing to do with anyone other than him.

swiper
08-08-2015, 12:08 PM
still utterly amazed they didnt get a qb coach for him right out of the chute

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-hire-Todd-Downing-as-QBs-coach/4e99d111-68a8-40a9-8f80-a82acbda1ae5

swiper
08-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Everyone is rooting for him

Ummm. No.

Meathead
08-08-2015, 01:05 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-hire-Todd-Downing-as-QBs-coach/4e99d111-68a8-40a9-8f80-a82acbda1ae5

that was his second season

Typ0
08-08-2015, 01:44 PM
He has not been screwed. To me, he clearly was having trouble processing the things he needed to process last year which is why he was benched. He's had a chance to grow and play. He's still here and has an opportunity to win the job. It's time to show it's as simple as that.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-08-2015, 02:14 PM
EJ has the distinction of being the only Bills QB to win in Chicago. Can Billy Joe Hobert say that? No.

WagonCircler
08-08-2015, 08:28 PM
EJ has been screwed by nobody..

...except his gene pool.

Accuracy is a gift, and elite accuracy, the type required to be an NFL QB, cannot be acquired.

You either have it or you don't and EJ is Team Don't.

feldspar
08-08-2015, 08:39 PM
...except his gene pool.

Accuracy is a gift, and elite accuracy, the type required to be an NFL QB, cannot be acquired.

You either have it or you don't and EJ is Team Don't.

Correct.

No coach, GM, or whatever can climb inside EJ's head and MAKE him be able to throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis. Like you say, it's just not in him.

A receiver runs a simple short out-route and EJ throws the ball WAY over his head or at his feet, and there is no coaching in the world to correct that. That's not a matter of footwork or mechanics here...it's chronic and permanent. A characteristic of the man.

He can probably learn to read the defense better, master the theoretical concepts of the offense, but you can only teach the ability to throw the ball where you want it to go so much. Period. Anybody that's spent time on the playground should know this. You can't teach somebody something like hand-eye coordination and the like. Either it comes naturally, or it doesn't.

alohabillsfan
08-09-2015, 04:52 AM
EJ was never elite in college or showed the ability to lead an above average roster to the championship level, hence FSU went on to win the national championship the next year with a freshman! EJ will NEVER be an above average QB in the NFL.

swiper
08-09-2015, 04:59 AM
that was his second season

Right. IIRC, didn't Hackett himself take on that responsibility in 2013?

Albany,n.y.
08-09-2015, 06:48 AM
There have been plenty of similar threads 7-8 years ago about JP Losman.
When the Bills front office stops reaching for bad QBs in the draft, these threads will end.
Otherwise, 3 seasons into our next 1st round QB reach's career, we'll get to rerun another thread like this, only the names change.

better days
08-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Before the scrimmage Saturday, Rex said the scrimmage would play an important role in evaluating the QB's.

After the scrimmage, EJ was the only guy Rex complimented.

Rex: "I thought EJ did a nice job" "I was impressed with EJ"

swiper
08-09-2015, 07:02 AM
EJ had exactly 2 good throws of record. He handed off, then ran into the running back. He had a naked reverse - which if he does in real time is going to get him killed. He complimented EJ because he had to. EJ's psyche is fragile. He has worked with 6 different QB experts and still has the same problems: holds the ball too long, is inaccurate, has poor vision, throws badly far too often. He IS NOT a good QB.

swiper
08-09-2015, 07:04 AM
It seems they are sitting on Cassel somewhat. He only got half as many throws as the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish we held onto Travaris Jackson. He's better than anything on this roster.

better days
08-09-2015, 07:07 AM
EJ had exactly 2 good throws of record. He handed off, then ran into the running back. He had a naked reverse - which if he does in real time is going to get him killed. He complimented EJ because he had to. EJ's psyche is fragile. He has worked with 6 different QB experts and still has the same problems: holds the ball too long, is inaccurate, has poor vision, throws badly far too often. He IS NOT a good QB.

The numbers say EJ was the best QB on Saturday & he was the only QB Rex complimented.

EJ was the only QB to throw a TD on Saturday.

I think EJ put himself in the drivers seat on Saturday.

swiper
08-09-2015, 07:10 AM
LOL. Only a fool would think that.

djjimkelly
08-09-2015, 07:13 AM
The numbers say EJ was the best QB on Saturday & he was the only QB Rex complimented.

EJ was the only QB to throw a TD on Saturday.

I think EJ put himself in the drivers seat on Saturday.

shhh you bloody homer!!!! rex sort of said this also. but the message boards dont agree with you me or rex, so just SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol

HHURRICANE
08-09-2015, 07:15 AM
There have been plenty of similar threads 7-8 years ago about JP Losman.
When the Bills front office stops reaching for bad QBs in the draft, these threads will end.
Otherwise, 3 seasons into our next 1st round QB reach's career, we'll get to rerun another thread like this, only the names change.

Everyone here knows where I stand on EJ. I have a current thread that says Cassel will be the starter. EJ is better than Losman and has way more talent. I knew Losman personally so I could even be biased and I'm not.

EJ needed to sit his first year and work his way onto the roster. EJ has talent. He's lacking confidence which you gain by being taught how to do things, than executing them, and building on that.

better days
08-09-2015, 07:17 AM
LOL. Only a fool would think that.

Maybe I am a fool for listening to Rex & to think he is telling the truth, time will tell.

But before Saturday, Rex said the scrimmage would play an important role in evaluating the QB's.

After the scrimmage, EJ was the only QB Rex said he was impressed with.