PDA

View Full Version : The Bills 2015 Draft looking pretty impressive!

HHURRICANE
08-09-2015, 07:31 AM
As it's looking right now our draft was pretty impressive:

1) Darby will be a starter

2) Miller will be a starter

3) Karlos has legitimate shot to be #2 RB.

4) O'leary has decent shot to make team

5) Tony Stewart...hmmm where is this guy?

6) Dez Lewis hopefully clears waivers and makes practice squad.

Not a bad result for a team without a first. Makes the Sammy trade worth it.

better days
08-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Before the draft Whaley had his critics on this board.

And before the draft, Whaley said; "my mother could draft Marcell Dareus."

Whaley went on to say anyone should be able to draft a GOOD player with a high draft pick.

He said this draft with no high picks will show just how good his scouting department is.

I think Whaley will answer his critics with this draft.

Jaybird
08-09-2015, 08:51 AM
so far in PRACTICE they look good. But C'mon man were talking about practice.... i mean practice man... Practice

YardRat
08-09-2015, 09:37 AM
I hope to see this same exact thread started about 8 games into the regular season.

sudzy
08-09-2015, 09:46 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but, how much better would it have looked if it had La'el Collins in place of Stewart or Lewis?

swiper
08-09-2015, 09:50 AM
"Brady drops back, looks, pump fakes, throws to Amendola who turns Darby around and he's in for the TD."

Just gotta love these fan proclamations by the children at the first scrimmage.

HHURRICANE
08-09-2015, 11:10 AM
"Brady drops back, looks, pump fakes, throws to Amendola who turns Darby around and he's in for the TD."

Just gotta love these fan proclamations by the children at the first scrimmage.

I'm not professing that these guys will make the Pro Bowl. But Darby is going to be playing In McKelvins spot. If he was struggling in camp and pre-season we'd be getting a scrub on the open market.

Goobylal
08-09-2015, 11:49 AM

I'd still rather have the 1st rounder, but staying at 9 last year likely means Eric Ebron, and that would have been a disaster. The Darby pick looks prescient considering McKelvin's setback, and Miller looks like a great pick at a need position. Williams could be the big, bruising back they've needed, as well as a valuable ST's contributor, and O'Leary should not only make the team but see some time in 2 or 3 TE sets. All in all, a very good draft.

Not to beat a dead horse, but, how much better would it have looked if it had La'el Collins in place of Stewart or Lewis?
Depends. How is Collins looking in camp with the Cowboys? He/his agent sure scared teams off from drafting him though, didn't they?

Mr. Pink
08-09-2015, 04:21 PM
That 2006 draft sure looked impressive too, right?

Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Kyle Williams and Terrence Pennington were all full time starters.

Keith Ellison made 7 starts. Kevin Everett had 4 starts. Even Ashton Youboty got a start.

Point is just because rookies can crack the starting lineup or make some contributions doesn't mean it was a pretty impressive draft.

justasportsfan
08-09-2015, 05:01 PM

Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Kyle Williams and Terrence Pennington were all full time starters.

Keith Ellison made 7 starts. Kevin Everett had 4 starts. Even Ashton Youboty got a start.

Point is just because rookies can crack the starting lineup or make some contributions doesn't mean it was a pretty impressive draft.

Weren't those guys drafted by your boy Dick Jauron? If so, add Maybin. :snicker:

Ginger Vitis
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Kevin Everett was drafted by Donahoe in 2005.. And so was Roscoe Parrish and Duke Preston... Every single player I just mentioned was a reach by at least a round or more.. And the 1st 3 players Donahoe drafted in 2004 were reaches as well...****ing guy never understood the concept of value... The rumour was Donahoe knew McGahee hated being in Buffalo so he drafted Parrish and Everett 2 ex Hurricane teammates o f MGahees in a attempt to make McGahee happier...Just friggin dumb

Night Train
08-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Well we didn't have the 1st rounder... and our 2nd, 3rd round picks are already starters.

Our next pick in Round 5 (Williams) may already be the next man up if McCoy goes down at RB. O'Leary will probably make it at TE. Steward may make it as a a ST's ace.

Seems like the coaches were happy with the picks. Our off-season was primarily FA. The draft was a bonus.

BuffaloRedleg
08-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Just because they start doesn't make them good players.

Source: Every Bills team since 1999

DesertFox24
08-12-2015, 10:44 AM
so far in PRACTICE they look good. But C'mon man were talking about practice.... i mean practice man... Practice While I do agree that we need to be patient, the fact is name one player who looked bad in training camp as a rookie and then lit the world on fire during the season. The mere fact that they are preforming well in training camp is a good sign and yes they will struggle and make mistakes this season, but if they get better and better and by our bye look like potential long term starters then Whaley and staff deserve major credit.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Gonna be honest, I cannot evaluate this class until 2018. Its good that the preliminary early prognosis is good, and that maybe we have something, but can we at least get a season or two of work before we say it was a good draft, an okay one, or a WTF were we thinking stinker?

better days
08-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Gonna be honest, I cannot evaluate this class until 2018. Its good that the preliminary early prognosis is good, and that maybe we have something, but can we at least get a season or two of work before we say it was a good draft, an okay one, or a WTF were we thinking stinker?

If the players drafted looked less than stellar at this point, the "realists" on this board would already be condemning this draft.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-13-2015, 06:32 PM
If the players drafted looked less than stellar at this point, the "realists" on this board would already be condemning this draft.

I'm a realist, and I think some of the draft is suspect, but I am certainly pleased that so far its looking much better than expected. Give me to December before I start popping champagne corks that this was a damn good draft. Right now, its looking good but its not September yet and not one down of meaningful football has been played yet.

Goobylal
08-13-2015, 07:49 PM
I'm a realist, and I think some of the draft is suspect, but I am certainly pleased that so far its looking much better than expected. Give me to December before I start popping champagne corks that this was a damn good draft. Right now, its looking good but its not September yet and not one down of meaningful football has been played yet.
The last 2 picks are suspect, but it looks like the Bills will get 2 good starters and 2 decent backups with potential to start or at least be major contributors. That's pretty good for a draft.

Jry44
08-14-2015, 07:13 AM

There's a lot more talent on the roster for this rookie class to take positions from when compared to the 2006 team. But I agree with where you're going with your point. It's WAY too early to dub this rookie as anything more or less than the 2015 class at this point.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-14-2015, 07:21 AM
i love the enthusiasm people, and I suspect and hope that these guys will be very good players for us, but FFS we haven't played one down of preseason yet. Let's not anoint them the 83 QB class quite yet.