PDA

View Full Version : Frank Gifford passes

swiper
08-09-2015, 01:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/09/frank-gifford-dies-at-84/

Giants Hall of Fame running back Frank Gifford has passed away, one week shy of his 85th birthday.

“It is with the deepest sadness that we announce the sudden passing of our beloved husband, father and friend, Frank Gifford,” the Gifford family said in a statement released to NBC News. “Frank died suddenly this beautiful Sunday morning of natural causes at his Connecticut home. We rejoice in the extraordinary life he was privileged to live, and we feel grateful and blessed to have been loved by such an amazing human being. We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time and we thank you for your prayers.”

Rest in peace Mr. Gifford.

Mace
08-09-2015, 06:11 PM
RIP indeed Mr. Gifford. Through my life, my all time favorite MNF announcers were the trio of Gifford, Dandy Don Meredith and Howard Cosell. Felt like they were with me in the living room, Gifford understated, Cosell overstated, Meredith just always amused and amusing. I genuinely miss hearing them call a game until Meredith started singing "turn out the lights". I didn't realize until years passed how much I loved Gifford's mellow, good natured presence, or how much it really made the trio comfortable folks to spend an evening watching a game with.

RIP indeed.

swiper
08-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Those 3 guys were the best MNF ever had.