• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Thread lookback game: predict the 2015 season

Give us your opininated feelings on the upcoming season.

questions:
    1. what will be the bills record?
    2. offense capabilities?
    3. Defensive capabilities?
    4. who starts as QB, do they last full season?

My answers:

1.8-8
    2. better than expected. even with weak qb options, i think roman has the line coached up, i think the qbs are given tools and strategies to look a little bit better. However, they won't be in the top half of offenses for the season.
    3. little worse than expected. i think everyone thinks they are a top 3 defense. i think we did that last year with the good graces of no injuries. i don't know how likely that will be to repeat. And as a result, i don't think they'll have the dominance. but they'll still be good.
    4. I believe EJ will start. i think cassel is playing himself off the team. not enough seperation to prove that we should pay the money for him. they'll tailor a read run option strategy more diverse than last year. as in the qb will be able to run with the ball and throw from the formation.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Thread lookback game: predict the 2015 season

I predict that I'll enjoy watching football this year no matter what.

That's as far as I'll go. Sorry if that's not what you're looking for, but I'd bet money on my prediction.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i'll allow it.

the point is to have some fun pulling this up at the end of the season. all the people who are super pro one player or anti a certain part of the team, should state that now. so that when the exact opposite thing happens, we can see who thought what at the time. reduces the changing of history. if the bills offense is just prolific and they totally surpass the defense, i'll be on record as not thinking that had a shot at being the case. also if people get it right, this is the record we can pull up.

it's really more just for fun. because alot of our posts are a lot of hindsight. "i wouldn't have drafted player x when player y with the 4 major surgeries and academic issues were there."

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        i'll allow it.

the point is to have some fun pulling this up at the end of the season. all the people who are super pro one player or anti a certain part of the team, should state that now. so that when the exact opposite thing happens, we can see who thought what at the time. reduces the changing of history. if the bills offense is just prolific and they totally surpass the defense, i'll be on record as not thinking that had a shot at being the case. also if people get it right, this is the record we can pull up.

it's really more just for fun. because alot of our posts are a lot of hindsight. "i wouldn't have drafted player x when player y with the 4 major surgeries and academic issues were there."
        Sure.

I'm not much for predictions, though, personally. If I happen to make any predictions, I call it a bet...a bet with real money. As a fan of the Bills, I'd rather just HOPE. I'd rather be happy than right, if you can dig that.

Don't mean to high-jack the thread or anything.

I do have some hope for the season. It mainly deals on the big QB if, followed by how healthy the team stays. I feel better about the chance of the Bills making the playoffs since...well, never mind.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

1. what will be the bills record? 7-9
          2. offense capabilities? Meh...Bottom 15
          3. Defensive capabilities? Top 3
          4. who starts as QB, do they last full season?EJ and NO!
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

8-8

top 5 rushing, bottom 5 passing

top 3 overall

Matt Cassel, the team will hit a tailspin in the last 5 weeks of the season and Tyrod will get at least 2 starts.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

if cassel starts the season, i don't think he makes it past week 5 from either the yank or injuries.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

1. what will be the bills record? 10-6, good enough is good enough and they'll be good enough to get to 10-6.

2. offense capabilities? solid running game, passing game that ends up having moments against bad teams but surprise, no consistency, just good enough to aggravate people when they fall apart.

3. Defensive capabilities? savage defense, a little weaker on the run but all over people, from everywhere, you'll have more fun watching defense. backs they have no film on will go back to chewing us up, but what you'll remember is QB's helmets flying off and them laying there a while before getting back up.

4. who starts as QB, do they last full season? Cassel, no, he gets hurt. I figure 5 or 6 games in he'll forget himself and try and run for a first down (after being an excellent play action possession passer), meeting a linebacker who saw it coming and getting concussed. Manuel will go .500 in his starts and be about the same as he always has been, good, then miserable. Tyrod will get in there and not do much at some point though he'll run around a lot for nothing meaningful, extending plays and making you hopeful for a few seconds until he rocket fires an Int.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

10-6, ousted in Wild Card game.

Offense is average at best.

Defense is top 3 and reason for our success.

EJ starts and finishes season and plays just good enough for us to not bring in another QB next year, thus ensuring we waste our awesome defense in their prime without a deep run into the post season. Hilarity ensues.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

This was a prediction for last year, but one of the funniest (and I thought accurate) Bills posts I had read:

Josh:
                    Offseason/Preseason: Jairus Byrd lost to free agency. Marcell Dareus missing camp to attend substance abuse program. Kiko Alonso out the entire season. Cordy Glenn not at camp with mysterious non-football illness. Jim Schwartz in as Defensive Coordinator. Ralph died. The team's for sale. I've already got a migraine and a cramp in my dick and we haven't played a game yet.

Weeks 1-4: A relatively favorable schedule will have us fall ass backward into being 3-1 and the BILLievers will be out in force, myself included.

Weeks 5-8: Schwartz will prove useful against his old team and Watkins will have a big game against Detroit in Week 5. The matchup with the Pats in Week 6 will actually get some rare, pregame foreplay. New England will embarrass us. EJ will get hurt and be out 4-6 weeks. A warm body will take his place under center.

Week 9: We'll be 4-4 at the bye week with EJ still on the mend and several others banged up. Probably be on our 3rd string running back and waiver wire linebackers at this point.

Weeks 10-13: This will be another 1-3 stretch. The season will unofficially end in Week 13 with Buffalo hosting the coming out party for Johnny Manziel. After throwing his third touchdown late in the fourth quarter to take a commanding lead, he'll strut over to a sideline camera giving his money-finger-rub and taunt, "Heard y'all were for sale. Thinkin' 'bout buyin' y'all with the money I made in college." By Tuesday morning, the top story on Deadspin will be an underexposed, grainy photo of Manziel blowing coke off of a Jills cheerleader's ass from Saturday night before the game.

Weeks 14-17: At Denver, vs Green Bay, at Oakland, and at New England. That's 3 ass whoopins wrapped around a late afternoon, season-garbage-time game that pits us against the Raiders in a scrimmage of the 5-9's. We'll beat them in some weird, sloppy game by a score of 16-5 or something. The only highlight from the game will be vertically-shot iPhone footage of some rowdy Bills Mafia getting into a parking lot brawl with those guys from Raider Nation that look like the offspring of a Darth Vader/Road Warriors/KISS orgy. We'll finish the year 6-10, 2-4 in the division. I'll be in the yard burning my Bills jersey and zubaz, grumbling to my wife about Goodell, concussions, and Tom Brady in an effort to rationalize why I'm renouncing the NFL and becoming a baseball fan. To maintain my masochism, I'll choose to cheer for the Cubs.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

questions:
                      2. offense capabilities?
                      1. 11-5. They win the AFC East, I think the Brady thing dogs the Pats all year. They'll be bad without him and it'll be too much for them to catch up when he returns. The Phins have 7-9 written all over them, and the Jets start the turnaround late in the year but are still in the basement around 5-11. The Bills host a first round game and win, then lose at Indy or Baltimore the next week.

2. Surprisingly better than expected. Top 5 in rushing yards, 15-20 in the passing game. Total ranking 12-14. OL is middle of the road, which is an improvement over last year. They'll be +10-15 in the turnover ratio (I guess this has to do with the defense too), and will be a lot more fun to watch than last year.

3. The D will have growing pains with the new schemes but have too much talent not to put it together by Columbus Day, total defense 5-10. Near league lead in sacks, turnovers, and third down percentage.

4. At this point without seeing any live action, my head says Cassel on Opening Day. I love betting on the ponies and finding a longshot, that part of me says Tyrod due to the unknown commodity going against historically poor competition. My heart wants EJ due to him starting here and not wanting my team to squander a first round pick and a few years on the guy. Since it's the Bills and I always go with my heart in all Bills related matters, EJ starts Opening Day. I think EJ "gets it" by week two or three of the preseason and establishes himself as head and shoulders above the other two. Going with my heart again, EJ finishes the year and becomes a solid starting NFL QB.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

questions:
                        2. offense capabilities?

1. 7-9
                        2. Will be lucky to crack the top 20. All style, no substance
                        3. Top 10
                        4. EJ named starter, benched by week 3, maybe week 4
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          1. 7-9
                          2. Will be lucky to crack the top 20. All style, no substance
                          3. Top 10
                          4. EJ named starter, benched by week 3, maybe week 4
                          OK, Sunshine.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

1. what will be the bills record? 10-6 with a wildcard loss. The schedule is aligned for us to do quite well, it's next year when the problems start.
                            2. offense capabilities? Middling.
                            3. Defensive capabilities? Elite. Top 3.
                            4. who starts as QB, do they last full season? Cassel. Yes.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

> 9-7

2. offense capabilities?
                              > good rushing attach & time of possession that makes the Bills a field goal kicking machine
                              > bottom 10 scoring offense

> will destroy offenses with poor line play & weak QBs
                              > ultra aggressive top 5 unit that will be fun to watch

> All 3 QBs start at least 1 game. Both Cassel & EJ get injured at some point & T.T starts majority of games.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X