X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

EJ Manuel Is Playing With The 3rd Team, 'Almost Exclusively'

Joe Buscaglia tweeted that about practice today at SJF College.

I believe today was the least amount of reps (18) EJ Manuel has had in team drills since camp began.

After 2 very good practices in a row on Friday and Saturday last week, I was hoping EJ would follow it up on Monday with another strong performance, but that didn't happen.

Sal Capaccio said today on WGR that he thinks EJ Manuel's roster spot is at risk.

Tryod Taylor played with the 2nd team today. It's likely that he will be the 2nd quarterback to see the field on Friday.

Rex Ryan said today that he expects the QB competition to last until at least 2 preseason games have been played.

How long will Cassel and the first team play on Friday? I would guess the majority of the first quarter.

How long will Taylor and the second team play on Friday? I would guess the second quarter at least.

How long will Manuel and the third team play on Friday?
  • bleve
    • Mar 2005

Re: EJ Manuel Is Playing With The 3rd Team, 'Almost Exclusively'

Vic Carucci today said that EJ seems to continue to be fading into the background.

Carucci's report
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by bleve View Post
      Vic Carucci today said that EJ seems to continue to be fading into the background.

Carucci's report
      Vic makes some interesting comments about Taylor in that article. Thanks for pointing that out.

Manuel might not see the field until the 4th quarter in mop up duty.

Starting Cassel could be a huge benefit for Tyrod Taylor.

Taylor could get the majority of snaps on Friday out of all 3 quarterbacks.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

As bad as EJ has performed in training camp, there's still something in me that says don't cut him.

He practices like crap, but come game time EJ has crap on his side. He's played like crap, and won in the clutch.

I'd rather cut Cassel because he reminds me of Fitzortenwardsman. That's short for Fitz, Orten, Edwards, and Losman.

The Bills have to sign Dareus next year. Why waste $4.5 million on a guy who resembles doing the same thing over and over and over again?

I have a glimmer of hope for EJ Manuel. He plays better than he practices.

Matt Cassel reminds me of 1999 - 2014.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

EJ or bust.
          This is a Super Bowl team if EJ performs.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

" It's 1000 % EJ will be starting this year...blah,blah,blah.."

I root for the laundry and the coaching staff has fresh eyes and no loyalties. It's a sub par group to say the least but game manager was the plan. Cassel and Taylor have passed him and he's not changed a bit.

I was fine with him winning the job if worthy.. but my visits to camp didn't dispel any of my previous concerns. Roman and Rex are not blind.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Somebody put some butter on EJ, and serve him up on a plate with eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Was this supposed to be a surprise?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Cassel is the starter....

Beating a dead horse since he got signed.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Cassel will really need to F this up to not be the starter come week 1. I sure hope a decision is made no later than immediately after the second preseason game.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                      • Jun 2015

when you consistently miss wide open targets and cannot properly lead a WR in the middle of a rout this is what happens.

EJ has EVERYTHING other than that which is most essential.

It's too bad. For him and for us.
                      All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

um mcflys ...

it appears to me that they are simply practicing in the order they will play in this first preseason game. i told you before, the most logical pattern now is the long tenured vet who can absorb the most new stuff the fastest, the fifth year vet next for the same reason, and ej last. that way they all get to practice with the guys they will see the most in that first game

i expect ty starts pre-game 2 and ej gets 3. that means we likely will see that rotation during that week of practice as well

who knows how this will all turn out but i think yall are reading way too much into this right now
                        Last edited by Meathead; 08-11-2015, 10:27 PM.
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                          EJ or bust.
                          This is a Super Bowl team if EJ performs.
                          Guy can't throw the ball accurately more than half the time.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i don't think cassel has the durability to last more than 5 weeks. so it's all well and good that he looks good and can start, but i think tyrod or ej have to keep moving forward or this team is going to fall into the same issues as last year.

the only advantage is that we have an actual coordinator who will hopefully be more strategic than the hackett/marrone tandem.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                              As bad as EJ has performed in training camp, there's still something in me that says don't cut him.

He practices like crap, but come game time EJ has crap on his side. He's played like crap, and won in the clutch.

I'd rather cut Cassel because he reminds me of Fitzortenwardsman. That's short for Fitz, Orten, Edwards, and Losman.

The Bills have to sign Dareus next year. Why waste $4.5 million on a guy who resembles doing the same thing over and over and over again?

I have a glimmer of hope for EJ Manuel. He plays better than he practices.

Matt Cassel reminds me of 1999 - 2014.
                              Where are you getting this from? There are only 16 games and EJ plays like crap in games too. And we never see what they are really trying to do. My guess is more like they can see EJ can't process the offense in practice and that's the reason he will be cut.

Comment

Working...
                              X