PDA

View Full Version : Bills claim IK

Wittman21
08-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/631562098187870209)</small>
Source confirms IK Enemkpali claimed by the Bills, as @RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet) said

ckg927
08-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Ian Rapoport's reporting the same thing.

Bill Cody
08-12-2015, 02:27 PM
No truth he gets a $600 signing bonus

OLDSRIP
08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
So much for his career being done.

streetkings01
08-12-2015, 02:34 PM
This is a dumb move. Throw us right into the circus

feldspar
08-12-2015, 02:36 PM
You gotta be kidding me.

OLDSRIP
08-12-2015, 02:37 PM
As long as we don't end up with Geno, I'm happy.

trapezeus
08-12-2015, 02:38 PM
seems like an odd way to shrink our QB competition.

Famous Amos
08-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Listening to WGR, everyone is attributing this to Rex Ryan. So he's making personnel moves now? Or is he strongly advocating for certain moves? Because I was under the impression Whaley is the GM.

feldspar
08-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Although, this is rather surprising:

Willie McGinest: I'd give Enemkpali an extension for punching Geno Smith

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25267731/willie-mcginest-id-give-enemkpali-an-extension-for-punching-geno-smith

"I would have called (Enemkpali) upstairs to give him a contract extension," McGinest said. "I want guys like that on my team to go to war with."

Hmmm.

Things like this make the NFL fun to follow. Count me among those that thought there is no way this guy's career isn't over when the initial report without explanation came out...then my own freakin' team picks him up.

Joe Fo Sho
08-12-2015, 02:48 PM
I would say it's a safe bet that if this guy makes the team, he's going to play his heart out during weeks 10 and 17.

If he doesn't make the squad, who cares. Unless he breaks Sammy's nose, he's no risk. If he acts up, cut him.

I do admit though, I didn't think this guy would play another down in the NFL. I guess he has Rex to thank for that.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Remember when better days was insisting that Rex had nothing to do with picking this guy? Good times.

MillsapsBillsFan
08-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Remember when better days was insisting that Rex had nothing to do with picking this guy? Good times.

I'll take some responsibility for it too. I said sarcastically Rex was supposedly the cause of their issues, and if he had a say in drafting and then picking this guy up then maybe I shouldnt have been sarcastic.

I really am shocked that him doing what he did didn't end his NFL career, but whatever. The media circus that Rex has created keeps growing

swiper
08-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Been listening to WFAN driving around doing stuff today. They are talking all about it. Just said the Bills claimed this player.

All the callers have been pouring out hate for Geno Smith all day there.

Things like:

"Why didn't anyone stand up for him"

"I knew he was trouble when he missed that meeting on the west coast"

"He's a starting QB in the NFL. He couldn't pay the guy the $600 he owed him?"

Over and over.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Awesome.

And then he'll be cut by the end of preseason.

Enjoy the 3 week circus.

starrymessenger
08-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Now that's a player's coach for ya.

swiper
08-12-2015, 03:15 PM
BTW - for those that don't know about this guy (I didn't)...

The WFAN radio hosts (Joe & Evan) were talking earlier today (before the Bills picked him up). They said basically he was a 3rd string, 3rd down rushing LBer. I think I heard it like that. They said he was having a good camp and had a good chance to make the final roster.

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Good. That punk ass Geno Smith deserves to get punched in the mouth.

Hope he gets Brady next.

chernobylwraiths
08-12-2015, 03:21 PM
"Mr IK, I would like to introduce you to EJ"

swiper
08-12-2015, 03:25 PM

You know I don't like EJ Manuel the football QB. But he's a decent person. Geno Smith is a dickhead.

better days
08-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Listening to WGR, everyone is attributing this to Rex Ryan. So he's making personnel moves now? Or is he strongly advocating for certain moves? Because I was under the impression Whaley is the GM.

Rex & Whaley are working together.

If Rex wants a guy, Whaley will get him.

BLeonard
08-12-2015, 03:39 PM
This is a dumb move. Throw us right into the circus

You know, I don't get why "the circus" is a problem...

During the majority of the past decade and a half, the Bills have been "playing it safe" and drafting/signing "good character" guys. Where has it gotten them?

In case you've been in a coma, or living under a rock, the Bills haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton Administration...

Call me crazy, but someone, somewhere in the front office, whether it be Rex, Whaley, Pegula, or whoever, might have finally said "You know what? This 'Nice guy' **** isn't cutting it. We need football players that can win games and if they happen to be not so nice guys, so be it."

Granted, this could all end with the same results... But, since the Pegulas purchased the team, at least they appear to care about TRYING to improve the on-field product.

If it fails, at least they're going down swinging, unlike the former owner.

-Bill

ICRockets
08-12-2015, 03:42 PM
:rofl: going down swinging

Victor7
08-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Bet Rex just wants to shake the man's hand, give him a pat in the back and thank him for doing what he would've loved to do to Geno last year when he was throwing those picks.

YardRat
08-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Well, if you're going to build a bully you need dumb guys that can throw punches.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-12-2015, 03:57 PM

During the majority of the past decade and a half, the Bills have been "playing it safe" and drafting/signing "good character" guys. Where has it gotten them?

In case you've been in a coma, or living under a rock, the Bills haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton Administration...

Call me crazy, but someone, somewhere in the front office, whether it be Rex, Whaley, Pegula, or whoever, might have finally said "You know what? This 'Nice guy' **** isn't cutting it. We need football players that can win games and if they happen to be not so nice guys, so be it."

Granted, this could all end with the same results... But, since the Pegulas purchased the team, at least they appear to care about TRYING to improve the on-field product.

-Bill

granted, this is an exception but they did sign T.O at one point.

X-Era
08-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Stupid move IMO. No reason to do this. None. We don't need the negative attention for a 3rd stringer. Makes us look like clowns.

alohabillsfan
08-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Looking at the gang green board a lot of their posters had IK to be the breakout player this year. He's an edge rusher with something to prove. Like the move!

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Stupid move IMO. No reason to do this. None. We don't need the negative attention for a 3rd stringer. Makes us look like clowns.

If we end up 11-5 and make the play-offs, Rex is a genius and this means nothing.

If we end up 9-7 or worse, Rex is a big mouth blow hard and these moves show what a jackass he is.

Just more pressure on Rex to put his performance where his mouth is.

I like most enjoy the entertainment he provides, but if he does not perform, then he is nothing but a loud clown.

Night Train
08-12-2015, 04:03 PM

'"Can You buy me a plane ticket ? "

Mr. Pink
08-12-2015, 04:04 PM

-Bill

Yes, signing a backup linebacker who contributed next to nothing last year whom got fired 24 hours prior for punching out the teams starting QB is really "swinging"

Night Train
08-12-2015, 04:08 PM
If he can help, it's jumping at an opportunity due to circumstances.

See Incognito, Harvin, McCoy and more.

feldspar
08-12-2015, 04:11 PM
At the same time, there is far from a guarantee that IK even makes the team.

Meathead
08-12-2015, 04:16 PM
wow i thought this was a joke

why would they do that? hes a bottom of the depth chart player to begin with, and hes facing a possible suspension. seems like a lot of risk

whats next, aldon smith? i guess aldon has a much longer pattern of poor decisions so that would be an even bigger risk but hes also a much better player

im also sorry to point out both these guys fit into my criticism of the classic gangsta poisoned black male sub-group that uses violence and engages in anti-social behavior simply bc they are condition to. theres a reason so many black guys act poorly. and of course im not broad brushing, ive been very clear that their behavior doesnt reflect on all the majority of great black males. but we do have an over-representation of these kinds of ass holes in our blackness right now

Meathead
08-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Looking at the gang green board a lot of their posters had IK to be the breakout player this year. He's an edge rusher with something to prove.

i guess this is the only thing that would help make sense of it. if rexy thinks the guy is ready to bust out and that this was an isolated incident at least in part bc geno is such a huge douche, then maybe rexy is going to look like a freakin genius

i hope hes right

Mr. Pink
08-12-2015, 04:26 PM
i guess this is the only thing that would help make sense of it. if rexy thinks the guy is ready to bust out and that this was an isolated incident at least in part bc geno is such a huge douche, then maybe rexy is going to look like a freakin genius

i hope hes right

Except it's not isolated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/punching-geno-enempkpali-attacked-2011-article-1.2322221

BLeonard
08-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Yes, signing a backup linebacker who contributed next to nothing last year whom got fired 24 hours prior for punching out the teams starting QB is really "swinging"

I was referring to the offseason as a whole, not this single move.

If IK sticks, he's likely a backup/special teamer at a position that the Bills could use some depth at for around $500k

If not, no harm, no foul, he gets cut.

As for "contributed next to nothing last year," IIRC, Kiko Alonso didn't contribute much last year either... As a matter of fact, Alonso's been out for about a week with a concussion... Yet, many *****ed and complained when the Bills dealt him for McCoy...

A lot of the people that were preaching "continuity" with guys like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey as HC are ready to run Rex out before the first preseason game... What's wrong with trying something different, especially when the "same old, same old" hasn't worked in 15 years?

-Bill

BLeonard
08-12-2015, 04:46 PM
granted, this is an exception but they did sign T.O at one point.

IMO, that was little more than a PR move to try and sell some tickets and also calm the fans on the fact that Dick Jauron was retained following the 2008 season.

-Bill

Mr. Pink
08-12-2015, 04:52 PM
I was referring to the offseason as a whole, not this single move.

If IK sticks, he's likely a backup/special teamer at a position that the Bills could use some depth at for around $500k

If not, no harm, no foul, he gets cut.

As for "contributed next to nothing last year," IIRC, Kiko Alonso didn't contribute much last year either... As a matter of fact, Alonso's been out for about a week with a concussion... Yet, many *****ed and complained when the Bills dealt him for McCoy...

A lot of the people that were preaching "continuity" with guys like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey as HC are ready to run Rex out before the first preseason game... What's wrong with trying something different, especially when the "same old, same old" hasn't worked in 15 years?

-Bill

There's a difference between a guy who got hurt and missed the year and a guy who's nothing more than a backup.

If you want to "swing" as you put it, you sign Aldon Smith not IK. You can find plenty of borderline 2nd teamers who don't punch out cops and teammates.

BLeonard
08-12-2015, 05:10 PM
There's a difference between a guy who got hurt and missed the year and a guy who's nothing more than a backup.

...And, is missing this year due to being injured yet again...

You're the one that said IK "contributed next to nothing last year," yet that "next to nothing" was more than Alonso did... And Alonso still isn't cleared to practice, let alone play.

Again, my comment was directed at the entirety of the Bills' offseason, not the signing of IK... If he sticks, he's a cheap backup/ST/situational pass rusher. If not, he doesn't. IMO, a very low risk move with a high potential upside.

If you want to "swing" as you put it, you sign Aldon Smith not IK. You can find plenty of borderline 2nd teamers who don't punch out cops and teammates.

People make mistakes and furthermore, we don't know the whole story. Doesn't make it right, but there are two sides to every story. If IK has an issue in the Bills lockerroom, I'll stand corrected... I think that's highly unlikely, again, making this a very low risk move with a potential high upside.

I seem to recall a lot of people laughing when Rex and the Jets signed Aaron Maybin... Until Maybin registered sacks on the Bills QB...

-Bill

Meathead
08-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Except it's not isolated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/punching-geno-enempkpali-attacked-2011-article-1.2322221

oh geez

clear indication of likely gangsta poisoning. wtf makes them think attacking cops is ok?!? even that dumbass football player, caught breaking into a fkg auto showroom by driving thru the god damn window, thought it was a good idea to attack the cop. granted, you want to see the cop obviously use his taser there, but what the hell is going on with every freakin story of black guys getting killed accompanied by them attacking cops?!? jesus

edit: oh wait the cop was off duty working security so maybe he didnt know he was a cop. still not cool but maybe not part of the recent pattern of reeeally bad decisions by black 'victims'

Mace
08-12-2015, 05:16 PM

Agree. Seems cheesy to me.

It's not like he kicked a locker or threw a trash barrel either. He so completely lost control of himself that he sucker punched the teams starting QB, broke his jaw and cost his team 6-10 weeks of potential under a new HC and OC. (and yeah, I know we're talking about Geno Smith but it's still the general idea of it).

I don't know how the Pegulas will end up as owners, but I sure don't think of them the same as I used to in terms of being a class act aiming to create class organizations. Maybe that's my fault though, in terms of how I believed they were trying to present themselves once.

Boomstick
08-12-2015, 05:17 PM
"This guy broke Geno's jaw, has been cut and is now a free agent...
https://youtu.be/uoPPNpPa0mY

"PICK 'EM UP!"

Meathead
08-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't know how the Pegulas will end up as owners, but I sure don't think of them the same as I used to in terms of being a class act aiming to create class organizations. Maybe that's my fault though, in terms of how I believed they were trying to present themselves once.

i think this belongs in the rexys baby category. either he controls it or he doesnt and if he doesnt he might be gone in three years. if he does maybe its a superbowl

feldspar
08-12-2015, 05:23 PM
oh geez

clear indication of likely gangsta poisoning. wtf makes them think attacking cops is ok?!? even that dumbass football player, caught breaking into a fkg auto showroom by driving thru the god damn window, thought it was a good idea to attack the cop. granted, you want to see the cop obviously use his taser there, but what the hell is going on with every freakin story of black guys getting killed accompanied by them attacking cops?!? jesus

Actually, it was an off-duty cop...for all IK knew this was just a bouncer, or so it seems. The guy was moonlighting as a bouncer at the time. Read.

Doesn't make it right, but don't portray it wrongly, like he knew he was attacking a cop.

Bad enough as it is without inventing things.

Also, maybe the bouncer owed him $600 or something.

swiper
08-12-2015, 05:24 PM

A better jump would have been La'el Collins.

Mace
08-12-2015, 05:24 PM
i think this belongs in the rexys baby category. either he controls it or he doesnt and if he doesnt he might be gone in three years. if he does maybe its a superbowl

Maybe. Only thing is I think part of his problem as an HC is what he controls.

BillsImpossible
08-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Week 10: Thursday Night Football - Bills at Jets

Week 17: Jets at Bills

I'll take every advantage I can get.

Rex Ryan is going to pick IK's brain for every ounce of information possible about the Jets defense.

The Jets defense is no joke.

Enemkpali is going to tell Rex Ryan everything he wants to know about the Jets defense.

Special teams, depth, and knowledge of the Jets D.

Mace
08-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Rex Ryan is going to pick IK's brain for every ounce of information possible about the Jets defense.

Enemkpali is going to tell Rex Ryan everything he wants to know about the Jets defense.

I don't know, with Ryan's defensive mind, seems to me he could learn more by just watching film of Bowles' Cardinals defense than by picking the brain of a 2nd year reserve lb with a few months in a new system he wasn't even getting a lot of reps in.

Bowles alarms me, but if you saw any Cardinals games, he almost has a straightforward relentless maniac marauder mindset.

swiper
08-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Don't be alarmed by your bowels.

BillsImpossible
08-12-2015, 06:34 PM
I don't know, with Ryan's defensive mind, seems to me he could learn more by just watching film of Bowles' Cardinals defense than by picking the brain of a 2nd year reserve lb with a few months in a new system he wasn't even getting a lot of reps in.

Bowles alarms me, but if you saw any Cardinals games, he almost has a straightforward relentless maniac marauder mindset.

IK has inside info on the Jets D. Rex Ryan's defense is very cerebral, for lack of a better word. It's complex, and Enemkpali was smart enough to earn a roster spot on his defense.

I think he gives the Bills defensive coaching staff a mental advantage because he's the kind of player that can remember the Jets defense without an i-pad.

He's also 6'1, 261 lbs with a firm right hook. I want this bull to play on special teams first and foremost.

Mace
08-12-2015, 06:35 PM

I have to. Too many people say I am full of crap or talk crap, or tell me to eat crap.

better days
08-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Joe Namath was on NFL Network tonight.

He said IK was a GOOD player & did not have a bad character.

Namath said he was happy the Bills gave him a second chance & thinks he will help the Bills team.

Mace
08-12-2015, 06:42 PM
IK has inside info on the Jets D. Rex Ryan's defense is very cerebral, for lack of a better word. It's complex, and Enemkpali was smart enough to earn a roster spot on his defense.

I think he gives the Bills defensive coaching staff a mental advantage because he's the kind of player that can remember the Jets defense without an i-pad.

He's also 6'1, 261 lbs with a firm right hook. I want this bull to play on special teams first and foremost.

Like I said though, Bowles doesn't have a complicated defense that needs much interpretation from a 2nd year reserve lb who didn't get many reps in it.

Enemkpali was also a 6'1" 261 lb guy who so totally lost control of himself he sucker punched the starting QB, over $600 because he was taunted.

I just don't think he's that good or that smart to begin with, and I just don't see him educating Ryan or his experienced staff any.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Joe Namath was on NFL Network tonight.

He said IK was a GOOD player & did not have a bad character.

Namath said he was happy the Bills gave him a second chance & thinks he will help the Bills team.

Joe Namath seems to be suffering from some sort of dementia every time I hear him speak recently.

WagonCircler
08-12-2015, 06:51 PM

I think that was the title of an old Sex Pistols song.

YardRat
08-12-2015, 06:54 PM
One of Whaley's GM characteristics is being aggressive, I can certainly agree with that, but if this team was really 'swinging for the fences' we wouldn't be eagerly anticipating watching four nobodies compete at QB to see who ****s up the least, and relying on a third round rookie and a guy who's been out of football for almost a year-and-a-half to solidify the oline.

BillsImpossible
08-12-2015, 06:55 PM
I just don't see him educating Ryan or his experienced staff any.

I think Rex Ryan can get IK Enemkpali to spill the New York Jets whole can of Chunky Soup.

justasportsfan
08-12-2015, 06:58 PM
This is what I hate about Rex. He's an attention whore making stupid moves like this. We should have taken Maybin back instead
He could have at least painted the field house.

feldspar
08-12-2015, 07:23 PM
I have to. Too many people say I am full of crap or talk crap, or tell me to eat crap.

Bowels are always alarming.

You simply cannot ignore them when they insist.

They take precedence over country, family, or any other obligation or love known to mankind if only momentarily.

In other words, you gotta go when you gotta go.

bdutton
08-12-2015, 07:51 PM
LOL... Love the move if only for a **** you jets move.

Mace
08-12-2015, 08:10 PM
LOL... Love the move if only for a **** you jets move.

I think you about nailed it.

swiper
08-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Truth is coming out. Geno Smith is a dickhead.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/13/jets-source-says-broken-jawed-geno-smith-deserved-it/

kishoph
08-13-2015, 05:05 AM

Incognito, Harvin and McCoy have all been to the Pro Bowl, there's a big difference.

Famous Amos
08-13-2015, 05:30 AM
oh geez

edit: oh wait the cop was off duty working security so maybe he didnt know he was a cop. still not cool but maybe not part of the recent pattern of reeeally bad decisions by black 'victims'

The football player you
reference that smashed into a dealership with his car was unarmed and may have been on drugs due to exhibiting very odd behavior. I think the cops in that situation tried to settle the situation down but realized the guy was acting iradically and probably were freaked out by it all, thus leading to the lethal shooting.

Not a relevant comparison meathead.

Famous Amos
08-13-2015, 05:33 AM

Lol, just because IK earned a spot on Rex's defense doesn't make him a cerebral player or smart enough. Let me remind you the great Aaron Maybin played for Rex for a year. Does that make Aaron a savvy player?

djjimkelly
08-13-2015, 06:14 AM
seems like an odd way to shrink our QB competition.

the question is which one does he punch in the face lol. or maybe all 3

IlluminatusUIUC
08-13-2015, 06:14 AM

Lol, just because IK earned a spot on Rex's defense doesn't make him a cerebral player or smart enough. Let me remind you the great Aaron Maybin played for Rex for a year. Does that make Aaron a savvy player?

Not to mention Tony Siragusa.

better days
08-13-2015, 07:43 AM

Well, I think everyone would agree, Rex got more out of Maybin than any Bills Coach did.

Lucidvizion
08-13-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm glad that we finally have the balls to make these kinds of moves. We don't lose a single thing if it doesn't work out. Just some media criticism (that Rex seems to be immune to).

starrymessenger
08-13-2015, 08:05 AM
I'm glad that we finally have the balls to make these kinds of moves. We don't lose a single thing if it doesn't work out. Just some media criticism (that Rex seems to be immune to).

Indeed and player sentiment seems to be pretty much solidly behind IK, or at least fully understanding that there was a lot more to this than initial reports might have led one to believe. I think many players probably felt bad that a kid appeared to lose an opportunity that he had worked so hard for in these circumstances. Probably the Bills and Rex have earned the respect and goodwill of players throughout the league for their support of IK. That's not a bad thing IMO.

feldspar
08-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Indeed and player sentiment seems to be pretty much solidly behind IK, or at least fully understanding that there was a lot more to this than initial reports might have led one to believe. I think many players probably felt bad that a kid appeared to lose an opportunity that he had worked so hard for in these circumstances. Probably the Bills and Rex have earned the respect and goodwill of players throughout the league for their support of IK. That's not a bad thing IMO.

I saw a clip from Boomer Esiason's radio show. The guy was saying that apparently Geno Smith stood up and got into IK's face, repeatedly pointing and shaking his finger right in his face. Then Geno's finger actually connected to IK's face...so essentially he poked him in the face on one of his finger-wags. That's when IK hauled off and punched Geno in the face. This is what was said on the show based on what he heard, anyway.

Boomer was like, well that's what happens when you disrespect a player in the locker room, especially when you have no respect yourself in there.

starrymessenger
08-13-2015, 08:57 AM
I saw a clip from Boomer Esiason's radio show. The guy was saying that apparently Geno Smith stood up and got into IK's face, repeatedly pointing and shaking his finger right in his face. Then Geno's finger actually connected to IK's face...so essentially he poked him in the face on one of his finger-wags. That's when IK hauled off and punched Geno in the face. This is what was said on the show based on what he heard, anyway.

Boomer was like, well that's what happens when you disrespect a player in the locker room, especially when you have no respect yourself in there.

People talk about IK's alleged "history" but Geno ran his mouth against the Titans in a game, took a shot to the head and provoked a general dust up. In college he he shoved an opposing coach at halftime heading into the locker room provoking another altercation. Not exactly a model citizen.
No link but there's a rumour the Pats were going to sign IK but Bills got there first.

Joe Fo Sho
08-13-2015, 09:04 AM
People talk about IK's alleged "history" but Geno ran his mouth against the Titans in a game, took a shot to the head and provoked a general dust up. In college he he shoved an opposing coach at halftime heading into the locker room provoking another altercation. Not exactly a model citizen.

I feel better and better about this move with every story that comes out.

No link but there's a rumour the Pats were going to sign IK but Bills got there first.

Ahhh, the benefits of having a higher waiver priority..

Victor7
08-13-2015, 09:13 AM
IMO, that was little more than a PR move to try and sell some tickets and also calm the fans on the fact that Dick Jauron was retained following the 2008 season.

-Bill

True. That was Russ Brandon at his best. Thinking of the bottom line and not the best for the team.

SPG
08-13-2015, 09:27 AM

Bingo. At the very least, they will have inside info on the Jets new defensive playbook. Possibly an inside look at their offense as well.

Meathead
08-13-2015, 09:56 AM
regardless of how huge a dick geno may have been there, a good man has the strength to walk away nevertheless

Meathead
08-13-2015, 10:16 AM
The football player you
reference that smashed into a dealership with his car was unarmed

idk what this has to do with attacking a cop. youre usually pretty sharp and dont make these kinds of mistakes so im assuming this was just an oversight

and may have been on drugs due to exhibiting very odd behavior.

perhaps. i hadnt heard he was on 'drugs' but it depends on the substance how impaired he really was. if it was pcp or crack or meth then yeah. but if its the highly more likely weed and/or booze then no i dont buy that

the reason blacks attack cops with such alarming regularity is bc its now part of that sub-culture to hate cops and theres no push-back AT ALL from our culture at large. sure there are bad cops, bad departments, and bad precincts, but a reasonable person cant say it is the bulk of cops. most of that hostility is bc they promote it over and over and over again within that sub-culture and there is no alternative voice. once again, i have had this convo many times with mature responsible mostly older black males and they agree. wtf is stop your snitchin if it isnt overt subterfuge of law enforcement

so a young black male drunk and high ALREADY has in his mind the cops are ALWAYS enemies. not a single person of prominence pointed out that most of these recent incidents of black 'victims' of white cops initiated their contact via horrible decisions to proactively choose violence as their problem solver. what is a young black male to think when they see that and NOBODY pushed back? they think the obvious, that its ok bc if it wasnt somebody would have spoken up

this may or may not be a valid comparison. and of course he needed to be tazed not shot. that doesnt mean there isnt a terrible and highly destructive pattern that we as a general culture are tragically ignoring

IlluminatusUIUC
08-13-2015, 12:37 PM
As I said on the other board, its natural that Rex would be sympathetic to a guy losing his temper and throwing hands. His dad threw one of the most famous punches in NFL history.

Mace
08-13-2015, 06:46 PM
regardless of how huge a dick geno may have been there, a good man has the strength to walk away nevertheless

Yeah, you just don't punch your starting QB in the face. Assuming IK gets any regular season plays, offensive personnel will be lining up to set him off with fingers to the face and "you won't do nothing Mr. 600." until he takes an ill timed penalty. "Hey it's triple deuce Bennie Franklin, gonna sock me if I wave my fingers ?"

You don't sock your starting QB in the locker room, you just don't.

Mace
08-13-2015, 06:50 PM
As I said on the other board, its natural that Rex would be sympathetic to a guy losing his temper and throwing hands. His dad threw one of the most famous punches in NFL history.

Going against my entire philosophy of coaches being held to a higher standard and controlling your temper and blaming the victim, someone had to sock Gilbride at some point. It's just my personal opinion.