PDA

View Full Version : Karlos Williams Could Take Over The Bills Backup Running Back Spot

BillsImpossible
08-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Add another Williams to the roster. I know that Bill is short for William, but come on!

Karlos Williams has been playing great in camp. When Boobie and Jackson went down with injuries, Karlos Williams stepped in and has impressed everyone.
He's a big runner at 6'1 230 lbs, and he's a, "downhill," north/south kind of running back.

Bryce Brown is getting cut. He fumbles the ball almost every practice.

Fred Jackson isn't going anywhere in 2015, but if Karlos Williams continues to impress the Bills coaching staff, he's going to be LeSean McCoy's backup.

justasportsfan
08-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Next week/thread : Lavelle Westbrooks to take over Mckelvins job.

BillsImpossible
08-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Next week/thread : Lavelle Westbrooks to take over Mckelvins job.

That's Darby.

OpIv37
08-12-2015, 09:05 PM
No way anyone except Jackson is #2.

He's too smart and too good at pass blocking for it to be anyone else. Yeah, if it's 2nd and 4 and we're up by double digits in the 3rd, maybe Williams gets the call, but it most situations we will need Jackson's brains and experience over a more physically talented rookie.

YardRat
08-13-2015, 04:55 AM
If he doesn't, than it was a wasted pick. Although I was a little disappointed in the pick, I was hoping to get a RB in the draft this season to eventually replace FJax, but that was before ante-ing up for McCoy.

swiper
08-13-2015, 05:04 AM
Gosh, who couldn't be happy with a depth chart that reads McCoy/Jackson/Dixon/Williams? Especially with the one or two FBs we have on the roster.

djjimkelly
08-13-2015, 06:16 AM
i would cut dixon also i think he is useless

senseofdoom
08-13-2015, 08:01 AM
If he doesn't, than it was a wasted pick. Although I was a little disappointed in the pick, I was hoping to get a RB in the draft this season to eventually replace FJax, but that was before ante-ing up for McCoy.

He was 5th round pick. That's wasted if he doesn't take over the #2 immediately?

SPG
08-13-2015, 09:11 AM

Dixon is a major asset on special teams.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Plus he Boobie

swiper
08-13-2015, 11:32 AM

What do you base that opinion on? He was a good RB in SF. and now he's back with Greg Roman. I think you've gotta see if he turns it around in the setting of a better & more familiar OC.

Meathead
08-13-2015, 03:05 PM
dixon is a great special teamer so hes fairly safe

still expecting freddie to get cut tbh

YardRat
08-13-2015, 07:27 PM
He was 5th round pick. That's wasted if he doesn't take over the #2 immediately?

I didn't mean to imply 'immediately'. If he doesn't replace FJ eventually, then yes, it is a wasted pick.

jamze132
08-14-2015, 08:21 AM
When does Fred come back from injury?

trapezeus
08-14-2015, 08:44 AM
i think FJ stays as long as he's healthy soon and comes back without an noticable decline. I think this is his last year, and i really would love to see him be on the team that breaks the drought.

I like karlos pick. finally the bills are relying later round picks for RB who have ST value. also with IK picked up, boobie needs to heal up and show some level of ability, or his value as a ST is downgraded. His one game as the RB last year was forgetable.

I think Dixon is ahead of bryce brown. But it sounds like aside from mccoy, all the RBs have to show their worth.

Victor7
08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
dixon is a great special teamer so hes fairly safe

still expecting freddie to get cut tbh

Still with this meat ??

Wanna loose another trillion dollars ??

There is NO way, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, chances of Fred getting cut.

Brown is the one getting the axe. Its obvious.

senseofdoom
08-14-2015, 12:04 PM
I didn't mean to imply 'immediately'. If he doesn't replace FJ eventually, then yes, it is a wasted pick.

Then we agree. Sorry I misinterpreted.

JoeMama
08-14-2015, 12:15 PM
I'd rather have Bryce Brown than Boobie Dixon.

Brown can actually run/catch the ball.

Dixon is dead weight other than special teams.

The Jokeman
08-14-2015, 02:30 PM
When does Fred come back from injury?

Week 1 of the regular season. Keep him on the shelf until we need him I say. That said if Karlos steps up and shows he can be a backup RB I'm happy to see this as Freddie's last year as prior to adding McCoy it felt like we had to find a replacement for a starting Freddie, finding a replacement for a backup Freddie feels so much easier.

The Jokeman
08-14-2015, 02:32 PM
I'd rather have Bryce Brown than Boobie Dixon.

Brown can actually run/catch the ball.

Dixon is dead weight other than special teams.

Brown brings more on the important downs yet Boobie's play last season can't be dismissed as he made a few key plays to help us win a few games both as a RB and a STer That said if I had a choice of having Bryce or Boobie in the feature RB role I go with Bryce more than not. Yet Karlos Williams is the perfect blend where he might make both of them expendable if our depth chart is 1. McCoy 2. Jackson

The Jokeman
08-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Still with this meat ??

Wanna loose another trillion dollars ??

There is NO way, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, chances of Fred getting cut.

Brown is the one getting the axe. Its obvious.

Brown seems to be the odd man out right now.