Bills Rumor: Tyrod being setup to win the QB job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills Rumor: Tyrod being setup to win the QB job.

Well I just heard from someone in the know that it's Tyrod's job to lose. Since I've been promoting my theory that it's Cassel's job I was a little incredulous but once it was explained to me I might have to go with reality:

1) EJ was given the scrimmage as the starter so it looked at least fair that he had a shot. The scrimmage was meaningless and they didn't want him wasting valuable pre-season time.

2) Cassel is being given the first pre-season game for the same reason as above. He'll get some limited time and again be given the appearance that he's in the race.

3) The Bills will then have their scrimmage practices with the Browns where Tyrod will get the majority of the snaps as he will be the starter for the second pre-season against the Browns. That's right he gets to practice against the team he plays against on Thursday Night.

4) You've heard it everywhere that the Bills would like a clear winner after their second pre-season game. A nationally televised game BTW on ESPN.

It's Tyrod's position to lose and it's set up for him to win it.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bills Rumor: Tyrod being setup to win the QB job.

Taylor certainly is the most exciting of the bunch. I just hope he actually wins it. And doesnt get the job by default.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

If it is Tyrod's job to lose, why not just have him start the first pre-season game and give him as many reps as possible? If this is true, then the staff has their mind made up. The more first team snaps, the better. Why go through the charade?
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
        If it is Tyrod's job to lose, why not just have him start the first pre-season game and give him as many reps as possible? If this is true, then the staff has their mind made up. The more first team snaps, the better. Why go through the charade?
        Due diligence and PR. Would you just go throw your reputation out there without at least going through the process? Why not put "your guy" in the best position to win the job with as little public scrutinty as possible? Is anyone calamoring anymore that EJ didn't get a fair shot?

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

This sounds like tin foil hat stuff, to me. No offense.

But I'm on the "Anybody But EJ" bandwagon, so whatever works.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
            This sounds like tin foil hat stuff, to me. No offense.

But I'm on the "Anybody But EJ" bandwagon, so whatever works.
            I've posted two other things on this board from this guy. One 100% accurate and the other he swears was out fo managements control so I posted and it didn't happen. If I was that good I'd be on TV with Schefter not posting here.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
              • Sep 2004

It'll be Cassel Week 1, barring injury. I'm confident in that.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                Well I just heard from someone in the know that it's Tyrod's job to lose. Since I've been promoting my theory that it's Cassel's job I was a little incredulous but once it was explained to me I might have to go with reality:

1) EJ was given the scrimmage as the starter so it looked at least fair that he had a shot. The scrimmage was meaningless and they didn't want him wasting valuable pre-season time.

2) Cassel is being given the first pre-season game for the same reason as above. He'll get some limited time and again be given the appearance that he's in the race.

3) The Bills will then have their scrimmage practices with the Browns where Tyrod will get the majority of the snaps as he will be the starter for the second pre-season against the Browns. That's right he gets to practice against the team he plays against on Thursday Night.

4) You've heard it everywhere that the Bills would like a clear winner after their second pre-season game. A nationally televised game BTW on ESPN.

It's Tyrod's position to lose and it's set up for him to win it.
                Tyrod is everything I hate in a QB. 1)he's short. I know people will quote Russell Wilson and Flutie but I wouldn't call either of these guys great QBs. As to they're both care takers guys who need a great defense behind them to be successful long term. 2)He has a low completion percentage (ie below 62%). 3)He starts running if he can't hit his first read. This is a recipe for getting hurt especially with a guy smaller in size. 4)He has a cannon for an arm and isn't afraid to use it. Forcing a ball down field because you can and hoping your guy can get under often leads to INTs which to me worst than taking a sack. I think Rex mentioned disappointment in his play in the scrimmage because he failed in a red zone drill which is critical for us to turn the page. As if this team can find a way to be more effective in the red zone we should be a playoff caliber team. To my Tyrod is a great emergency/energize type QB but not good for long term which what this team needs.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

At this point, I'd say Taylor has the most upside. EJ has only had a limited shot but is regressing. Casell is what he is- clearly he offers the most experience but he will only get us so far.

That being said, when was the last time a mid-round pick sat on the bench for 3-4 years as a back-up then turned into a viable starter? I can't think of a single example. The closest thing is maybe Rodgers, but he was a first round pick expected to be groomed for a few years. Not the same situation IMO.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Sounds like your person in the know might AKA LiterateStylish.

Comment

• SPG
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      Tyrod is everything I hate in a QB. 1)he's short. I know people will quote Russell Wilson and Flutie but I wouldn't call either of these guys great QBs. As to they're both care takers guys who need a great defense behind them to be successful long term. 2)He has a low completion percentage (ie below 62%). 3)He starts running if he can't hit his first read. This is a recipe for getting hurt especially with a guy smaller in size. 4)He has a cannon for an arm and isn't afraid to use it. Forcing a ball down field because you can and hoping your guy can get under often leads to INTs which to me worst than taking a sack. I think Rex mentioned disappointment in his play in the scrimmage because he failed in a red zone drill which is critical for us to turn the page. As if this team can find a way to be more effective in the red zone we should be a playoff caliber team. To my Tyrod is a great emergency/energize type QB but not good for long term which what this team needs.
                      Sign me up for that!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        At this point, I'd say Taylor has the most upside. EJ has only had a limited shot but is regressing. Casell is what he is- clearly he offers the most experience but he will only get us so far.

That being said, when was the last time a mid-round pick sat on the bench for 3-4 years as a back-up then turned into a viable starter? I can't think of a single example. The closest thing is maybe Rodgers, but he was a first round pick expected to be groomed for a few years. Not the same situation IMO.
                        Closest thing I can think of is Romo. He was undrafted, but he did sit for his first couple of years in the league.

Comment

• Buckets
                          • Jun 2003

How long did Brady ride the pine?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                            How long did Brady ride the pine?
                            A season and 2 games to be exact

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Rich Gannon?

Tony Romo was undrafted I think and became a 10+ year started after two years on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X