PDA

View Full Version : Outcome of tonight's game...

MikeInRoch
08-14-2015, 10:32 AM
So what will it be?

trapezeus
08-14-2015, 10:43 AM
none of the above. d will be ok, but hardly play starters. offense will struggle because QB play isn't there yet and no gameplan.

it's the first game. i just want to see the qb's to look confident doing what they are doing. there is probably little chemistry thus far, so i won't harp on results. i really just want to see a line that knows its assignments and who to block. and that they do it well. that will show that they will be able to be effective once game plans are put in.

for the QBs, i don't know enough for what will show that they had a good outing. i'm sure the coaches want to see if they know enough of the basic game plan to audible out of bad initial sets. we won't be able to diagnose how good a qb did of that. i would like that they get the ball in the vicinity of receivers. but with timing not being worked on for all these guys, i don't expect much.

i'd also like to see RB's run with a little purpose and run hard. limited dancing and hopefully very little of mccoy.

Novacane
08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
QB's will look bad because they are bad

OpIv37
08-14-2015, 11:03 AM
I can't imagine the O looking anything but bad. Defenses are easier to install than offenses and there is no true offensive game plan. The D should be ahead of the O at this point.

So, I don't consider it a death sentence if the O looks bad, but they have to show some semblance of competence. The OL's better be able to block one on one and the QB better not be missing open WR's by 5 yards and the RB's better not fumble, etc.