• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Rexs' ScumBag Circus

I was not a fan of the Rex Ryan hire, now even less so.

I realize that many FB players aren't choir boys, but do we need to pick up every scumbag that gets booted from other teams? Harvin and IK have punched teammates, Incognito is a homophobe bully, McCoy is certainly a tool and was crying about a "racist" coach. Who am I leaving out?

It seems Ryan has carte blanche with personnel decisions and I don't like it. I guess we will all see soon enough if those decisions pan out but it certainly has the potential to blow up in OBD's face and be very embarassing for the Pegulas and the rest of One Buffalo.

I hope I am wrong and Rex proves to be right, but I'm not confident that will be the case.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rexs' ScumBag Circus

Yes I want more and more scumbags.

Scumbags = wins.

So sick of people talking about "character"

WHO CARES?

If they can play football bring them in.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Scumbags= Wins? Is that like the Pythagorean Theorem?

Scumbags have the potential to divide locker rooms, get suspended for punching people, etc.

Not saying it will happen, I hope they take their second/third/and in some cases fourth (Harvin) chances to heart and produce.

"Past behavior is the greatest indicator of future behavior".
      Last edited by HAMMER; 08-14-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Talent > Character. Bring 'em all in.

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

All I care is about Sunday. Don't care if they are punching QB's or gambling addicts...as long as they are lining up and winning games baby...

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

I think the Bills have a pretty solid locker room.

I don't mind giving these guys another chance, myself. It should come as no surprise that a sport based largely upon "controlled" violence breeds overly-aggressive men. People get excited about smash-mouth football and talk about going out there and hitting them in the mouth, and yet turn around with shock and chagrin when somebody actually DOES get hit in the mouth. It's a guys JOB to push other people around physically, yet it's unacceptable for him to have a mean streak. You really can't succeed in this sport without being aggressive.

Gotta recognize the nature of the beast.

I don't think any of these guys will repeat their past incidences in Buffalo. Clean slate and all that.

You got a problem with giving a guy another chance?

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
              • Mar 2015

The Bills have strong veteran leadership already in place. I'm okay with them bringing in players for a second chance.

If they mess up again they're gone and they are who we thought they were. If they fall into line then we get a great player.

No risk, High reward.

I'd rather have a team of second (or third) chances that wins than a team of squeeky clean boyscouts that goes 1-15

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i think rex can very well be the right coach for many teams with his eye on defense and having a talented squad.

he has issues being too loyal at times. but he's gone outside his comfort zone and got a successful OC. It seems like they coexist well.

I like the IK pickup. Few on the jets seem to think he was albert haynesworth type. HE seemed to do something others thought he got goaded into.

and part of second chances is having mentoring that helps you not do the same thing. HAve you ever worked at a job with no mentoring and worked at one with mentoring? that is literally how people learn. If IK fails, it'll be no money and they'll have tried. if he goes on to be a helpful ST player with depth at LB, great.

I think this team specifically needed someone like Rex who felt the swagger the defense had and got out from timid doug's afraid of everything mentality. I don't think rex's style is good for a super young team, but that's not what he has here.

now if rex and the bills end up outclassed Dick Jauron style, i'll be happy to change my tune and say he's a bad coach. but i won't say, "we should have never taken our chances with REx."

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                  Talent > Character. Bring 'em all in.
                  I'm not saying I want a team of choir boys, but can we really say IK Enemkpali has talent?

What do we know about this guy other than we enjoyed the laugh he gave us when he punched a Jets QB in the face?
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Zoneblitser
                    • Apr 2015

******ed thread.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Dude shut up.

Mccoy = elite RB and to write him off because you personally think hes a tool shows the crappiness of this thread.
                      Harvin=elite talent/athlete
                      Incognito=instant upgrade at guard and a very good run blocker
                      IK=someone Rex drafted with obviously high upside.

These players werent signed because of their issues, they were signed because they are likely to make us a better football team

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                        Dude shut up.

Mccoy = elite RB and to write him off because you personally think hes a tool shows the crappiness of this thread.
                        Harvin=elite talent/athlete
                        Incognito=instant upgrade at guard and a very good run blocker
                        IK=someone Rex drafted with obviously high upside.

These players werent signed because of their issues, they were signed because they are likely to make us a better football team
                        But haven't you seen the lion tamers and trapeze artists outside of the Bills training camp this year? It's a circus, I tells ya!

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

Unless they are known women and/or child abusers, I could really care less what they've done in the past. I could even let a murderer slide if it seems like the other guy deserved it.

It's more about their package as a whole rather than isolated incidents.

Byrd.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Lets have a talentless team full of character.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Rex has taken over on many questionable character players in his coaching tenure. The team never imploded as a result. He seems to keep them in check.

Comment

Working...
                              X