• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

The preseason is meaningless...

It is... and it's not

Evaluation of individual play is valuable in the preseason. Cassel and Taylor looked good. And I feel like we landed a great player in John Miller.

EJ is way behind at this point. He needs to stun the brass with his play or he is likely to be 3rd string. Just my opinion.

The team looks great in this game but we know nothing about our game planning until the regular season.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The preseason is meaningless...

Cassel looked 'meh'. Taylor looked athletic, but unimpressive throwing the ball. EJ is feast or famine. I don't think any of the three did much to step up and claim the starting job.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      It is... and it's not

Evaluation of individual play is valuable in the preseason. Cassel and Taylor looked good. And I feel like we landed a great player in John Miller.

EJ is way behind at this point. He needs to stun the brass with his play or he is likely to be 3rd string. Just my opinion.

The team looks great in this game but we know nothing about our game planning until the regular season.
      Couldn't watch so I can't agree or disagree with your assessment of individual players, but I completely agree that individual assessment in preseason is valid as a general concept.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Taylor looked solid passing. And even while running. Also hit two receivers in stride that dropped a td and a first down. Taylor is my bet to win the job.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Cassel looked 'meh'. Taylor looked athletic, but unimpressive throwing the ball. EJ is feast or famine. I don't think any of the three did much to step up and claim the starting job.
          He was 7 for 8 in his first preseason game. Short stuff? Yes. He is playing like the Bills expected he would as he is learning the system. I thought he had a good game running the first team.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Cassell found watkins and clay for some nice pick ups... moved the chains. If Hogan doesn't drop a pass, and Watkins doesnt draw a flag, cassell may have scored too.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Famous Amos
              • Jul 2013

When EJ rolled out to avoid the rush, scrambling to the sideline and then throwing it into the dirt in front of O'Leary, he got a lot of **** from the guys on TV about short arming it and not hitting O'Leary in stride, but to me it didnt look like O'Leary was ready for it, he had his back turned to Manual, after doing a great job of breaking his route off and getting open. I really liked that from EJ, he avoided the rush with poise and rolled out to the sideline in control and i think he thought O'Leary was going to come back because the throw was a spiral, not a flub, he was throwing to a spot.

Also, EJs long ball to Thompson was a thing of beauty. He stepped up into the throw and hit Thompson in stride with a lot of mustard on the throw.

I can't comment on the other two guys because i got home from work 4 minutes into the fourth quarter. How did Taylor's long ball look? Somebody said he threw a few that were dropped.
              "Hate is a lack of imagination."
              -Graham Greene

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

I agree that he thought O'Leary was coming back... That's what receivers are supposed to do when the QB is scrambling.

Other than that, he hit hands on every other pass (2 outright drops and1 thrown a bit outside). Not sure what happened on those 2 shotgun snaps... 1 was snapped high and 1 was snapped before he was ready.

All told, all 3 QB's looked better than I expected.

Stay tuned for the haters.

The Bills' quarterbacks didn't receive too many favors from their receivers in Friday's game, with several drops affecting the stats of each of the top three quarterbacks. Offenders on the drops included receivers Chris Hogan and Marquise Goodwin, as well as tight ends MarQueis Gray and Nick O'Leary. Manuel also got the brunt end of bad snaps from third-team center Alex Kupper.
                http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...mise-in-opener
                Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 08-15-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• sudzy
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                  I agree that he thought O'Leary was coming back... That's what receivers are supposed to do when the QB is scrambling.

Other than that, he hit hands on every other pass (2 outright drops and1 thrown a bit outside). Not sure what happened on those 2 shotgun snaps... 1 was snapped high and 1 was snapped before he was ready.

All told, all 3 QB's looked better than I expected.

Stay tuned for the haters.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...mise-in-opener
                  Will you ever run out of excuses for EJ? When Taylor was in there the offense was in rhythm and when EJ was in there everything was out of sync. Just like it was when he was in there last year. Does the QB ever get any credit for running or smooth offense or is it always someone else's fault when it isn't going right for your guy?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Vanilla

sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

ANYBODY BUT CASSEL!!

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

ANYBODY BUT CASSEL!!
                        HATER

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                          When EJ rolled out to avoid the rush, scrambling to the sideline and then throwing it into the dirt in front of O'Leary, he got a lot of **** from the guys on TV about short arming it and not hitting O'Leary in stride, but to me it didnt look like O'Leary was ready for it, he had his back turned to Manual, after doing a great job of breaking his route off and getting open. I really liked that from EJ, he avoided the rush with poise and rolled out to the sideline in control and i think he thought O'Leary was going to come back because the throw was a spiral, not a flub, he was throwing to a spot.
                          wow im gonna have to look at that again bc it looked absolutely unforgivable at the time. if youre right then ej really did have close to a spectacular night

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                          Also, EJs long ball to Thompson was a thing of beauty. He stepped up into the throw and hit Thompson in stride with a lot of mustard on the throw.
                          calmly sidestepped the rush, ignored the pressure, set himself, and delivered a truly beautiful pass. big league play right there
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

QB Box Score through scrimmage and 1st preseason game...

Manuel - 9/19 - 181 yds - 9.53 yds/a - 2 td's - 0 int's - 116.34 pr
                            Taylor - 13/21 - 126 yds - 6.00 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 78.67 pr
                            Cassel - 9/14 - 72 yds - 5.14 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 77.08 pr

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

QB Box Score through scrimmage and 1st preseason game...

Manuel - 9/19 - 181 yds - 9.53 yds/a - 2 td's - 0 int's - 116.34 pr
                              Taylor - 13/21 - 126 yds - 6.00 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 78.67 pr
                              Cassel - 9/14 - 72 yds - 5.14 yds/a - 0 td's - 0 int's - 77.08 pr
                              Actually shocking considering most feel Manuel is the odd man out from watching the games

Comment

Working...
                              X