X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Any Conclusions From That Crap?

I can't see any actionable observations from the QB play.

I did like the way Williams and Brown ran the ball.

Our D can stop the run.

Our CBs are not shut down in any sense of the word.

Very much a work in progress and lets see how the next game goes.
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Any Conclusions From That Crap?

It's Tyrod Taylor Time.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

He will start the next game...

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago
      #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Tyrod Taylor is going to start against Cleveland.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

The Carolina defense lost its second best player and it was preseason, but I am happy that we ran on them well.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
          • Mar 2004

This qb race is between Cassle and Taylor. EJ is out. Tyrod was somewhat impressive but there is NO way he will make it through a whole season without getting hurt.
          Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Well, that they are what they meant to be.
            -running game
            -short dink and dunk passing game in general if often too short ala Trent Edwards era, occasional long ball
            -not a 3-4 defense
            -competitive and meaning to win even in a 1st preseason game full of roster cuts down to the end
            -entertaining defense backed with a conservative wee offense that will try things
            -practice game to evaluate players
            -not 74-3, Carolina

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

It's weird seeing Rexy in bills unis. Blue looks better than that cappy jets colors though.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
                This qb race is between Cassle and Taylor. EJ is out. Tyrod was somewhat impressive but there is NO way he will make it through a whole season without getting hurt.
                I think Tyrod has to show against Cleveland he can make plays as a passer. If he doesn't he's sitting behind Cassel when the regular season starts. Yet it wouldn't shock me to see EJ as our #2 QB against the Browns.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  I think Tyrod has to show against Cleveland he can make plays as a passer. If he doesn't he's sitting behind Cassel when the regular season starts. Yet it wouldn't shock me to see EJ as our #2 QB against the Browns.
                  I don't think so.

we're gonna have a hard time signing Darius next off season, Cassel has to WIN the starting job outright, this is why. just being marginally better then ej or tyrod isn't going to do it, because it makes far more financial sense to cut him, and save 4 mil against the cap next year before the season starts while we stumble to a 6-10 season get a marginally solid first rounder out of the season and resign Darius, then it does to stagger to a 9-7 season, miss the playoffs, get a first round pick outside the difference makers, and be unable to free up enough cap space to sign darius.

The only way cassel wins the starting job, is if he can convince the coaching staff they're a playoff team with him behind center. Otherwise he'll be 4 mil against our cap next year, which might be the difference between signing darius and losing him.

I think as long as Taylor looks as good as both ej and cassel we might be saying good bye to both of them, and hello to taylor and simms as our QB backfield.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

- bryce brown just doesnt get it. yeah he ran well but did u see how he STILL held the ball away from his body when defenders were near? he needs to tuck that ѕhit, preferably all the time but AT LEAST when guys are near him. i expect him to get cut cuz its obvious hes gonna lose more fumbles like that

- tyrod was exciting and effective but a) hes got the advantage going against a defenses that dont specifically prepare for him, and b) he would NEVER make it a whole season the way he jukes closing defenders. somebody is going to catch him and blow out a knee for sure. if he gets the starting job they really have no choice but to keep the other two bc the guy is going down sooner or later

- ejs teammates really let him down early. two horrible shotgun snaps then two miserable drops on perfectly delivered balls. then the absolute laser bomb dropped into the coin slot for a long td. and then the hair pulling short short short hop into the dirt/rubber on a wide open alcoholic rookie tight end. he needs to not be pulling that crap at this point and hes not going to be starting anywhere until he fixes that for good. hell if he doesnt stop that soon hes going to be joining vince young in the wtf am i gonna do now line
                    Last edited by Meathead; 08-14-2015, 09:08 PM.
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

For the first pre-season game, it had tons of action. Love what I saw from our starters.

Taylor looked the best of the QB's and Rex stated post game he starts against Cleveland. Cassel was Capt. Dumpoff. Manuel was 4 of 8 with a great TD throw. Should have been 6 of 8 but 2 bad drops by the TE's.

Darby was abused all night and it may do him a world of good. His coverage was tight and some catches were fantastic ones against him. Did have a couple pass defenses.

Hogan, O'Leary and Gray dropped some easy ones. Goodwin had a TD from Taylor go right through his hands. I'm comforted knowing a healthy Woods, Watkins and Harvin will be starting. Clay made a nice grab.

Williams looked good at RB. Had a couple where the D line grabbed him as he got the hand off. Bryce Brown looked very good and needs to avoid the fumbles to continue his way back into good graces.

Encouraging.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

If you couldn't see how much better Cassel was than Tyrod was as a passer tonight than we can't have a discussion on QB play. To me Tyrod's failure on the 2 minute drive is more eye opening then his running ability. As to me Tyrod's TD drives were fueled by his ability to run, a great run after catch by Goodwin and a run by Bryce Brown. Nothing from his arm alone which to me is a QBs first responsibility. I have a feeling Tyrod is going to struggle against Cleveland. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him as a good enough passing QB.
                        Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-14-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                          - bryce brown just doesnt get it. yeah he ran well but did u see how he STILL held the ball away from his body when defenders were near? he needs to tuck that ѕhit, preferably all the time but AT LEAST when guys are near him. i expect him to get cut cuz its obvious hes gonna lose more fumbles like that

- tyrod was exciting and effective but a) hes got the advantage going against a defenses that dont specifically prepare for him, and b) he would NEVER make it a whole season the way he jukes closing defenders. somebody is going to catch him and blow out a knee for sure. if he gets the starting job they really have no choice but to keep the other two bc the guy is going down sooner or later

- ejs teammates really let him down early. two horrible shotgun snaps then two miserable drops on perfectly delivered balls. then the absolute laser bomb dropped into the coin slot for a long td. and then the hair pulling short short short hop into the dirt/rubber on a wide open alcoholic rookie tight end. he needs to not be pulling that crap at this point and hes not going to be starting anywhere until he fixes that for good. hell if he doesnt stop that soon hes going to be joining vince young in the wtf am i gonna do now line
                          Everyone is talking about the misfire pass to O'Leary who got open but what about the play EJ made just to get that pass off? It was pretty impressive how EJ avoided getting sacked. That said no excuse on missing the pass. Yet think he might be our #2 against Cleveland because if he can step up with the number 2s he might get still have a chance to be our starter. Yet he'd have to have an exceptional performance against Cleveland but doubt he will.
                          Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-14-2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            I don't think so.

we're gonna have a hard time signing Darius next off season, Cassel has to WIN the starting job outright, this is why. just being marginally better then ej or tyrod isn't going to do it, because it makes far more financial sense to cut him, and save 4 mil against the cap next year before the season starts while we stumble to a 6-10 season get a marginally solid first rounder out of the season and resign Darius, then it does to stagger to a 9-7 season, miss the playoffs, get a first round pick outside the difference makers, and be unable to free up enough cap space to sign darius.

The only way cassel wins the starting job, is if he can convince the coaching staff they're a playoff team with him behind center. Otherwise he'll be 4 mil against our cap next year, which might be the difference between signing darius and losing him.

I think as long as Taylor looks as good as both ej and cassel we might be saying good bye to both of them, and hello to taylor and simms as our QB backfield.
                            If Matt Cassel's contract costs us Dareus I will fly to Buffalo and punch Whaley in the face.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              If Matt Cassel's contract costs us Dareus I will fly to Buffalo and punch Whaley in the face.
                              Cassel's contract is up after this season. So am not sure how Ingtar feels he going to cost any cap space next year unless we re-sign him but pretty sure Dareus get priority over Cassel.

Comment

Working...
                              X